Search results

1. macaltec

How about we all share what we are using to power our Klipsch Loudspeakers

Im trying these out on my Cornwall IIs.
  2. macaltec

who's recording a cassette tape?

I just started doing a bit of recording again so I can use my Walkman on occasion. Using Spotify into my Tascam 122MKII. Spent a bit of money getting some unopened tapes but am using mostly used that Ive had since new back in the day. It all amounts to something to do while feeling nostalgic...
  3. macaltec

Grado Carts ID Help Please, and Lots of Questions

Grado Black has finally arrived. Preliminary listening was quite nice. Midrange was obviously more to my liking than cart/styli that I have tried. Gonna live with this for a bit while I consider getting another Black and having it re-tipped.
  4. macaltec

AR XA

Very nice looking.
  5. macaltec

Altec 604E Questions with Pics

Round 2 using perf board. May get a board printed. The connectors and inductor will mount off board.
  6. macaltec

Crossover parts are here, minus the L-pads (had some cheap ones on hand) Did a quick mock-up (not really, it was like playing in a plate of spaghetti). Gonna try it on another speaker before the 604E. Must have got it right. Seems to be working properly. Both HF and MF adjustment do their job.
  7. macaltec

Bottom-Feeder 'Phones - The Cheaphone Thread

Got my Koss KPH30i's today. I like them, not as comfortable as the Port Pros. A little off in sound quality from Porta Pros but still good.
  8. macaltec

First pass w US cleaner - odd results

Following along.
  9. macaltec

On to the loading. If Im understanding things correctly I will need a setup like this for both channels, the RCA jack gets the appropriate resistor between ground and signal contacts?? I assume I want the tightest tolerance available. Do I need to take into account the output impedance of the...
  10. macaltec

I love the look of the Stonehenge cabinet. I have always understood (correct or not) that a wider baffle is better, to a certain extent.
  11. macaltec

That makes sense.
  12. macaltec

Cloth edge damping compound?

Acetone finally got it. I was just being too stingy.
  13. macaltec

I have tried. Doesnt seem to help.
  14. macaltec

I just got what Simply Speakers sells, itsnothing but white glue. Quite the mis-representation. Got a bottle of the stuff GPA uses but it has become gelatinous. Bummer too because I have a 604E surround that needs it.
  15. macaltec

Just ordered my XO parts from Percy Audio. Got a new surround on the one woofer. BIG question, is the PVA that Simply Speakers sells acceptable to dope the surround???? This was supposed to be a non-issue for me as I had half a bottle of the stuff GPA uses that I got several years ago when...
  16. macaltec

Looks like this one will remain unsolved.
  17. macaltec

Just ordered a Grado Black stylus. I also have an email in to a retipper to see if an original stylus can be found and reworked. My thought process here is that if I can get a retipped original then I can move the Black to another cart. But until then I can gain some experience with some of the...
  18. macaltec

I would be using this on my, as of now, unmodded AR XA with a Schiit Mani preamp.
  19. macaltec

Very interesting information, thanks to all. I am enjoying learning. Still no comparison the OM10 or perhaps the OM20?
  20. macaltec

None of them have a stylus.
  21. macaltec

So what are my options for getting a stylus on one of these? 8MZ, MCZ, any others? Best recommendation?
  22. macaltec

Gotta zoom in on these
  23. macaltec

What exactly do I have here? Are they worth getting a new stylus for each of them? Which one is the best, 2nd, 3rd? Does Grado still offer a replacement stylus for each? Id like to get a reasonable expectation of their performance capabilities anyone care to compare them to an Ortofon Super...
  24. macaltec

New Vs Old Quandary

I am becoming increasingly content with my AR XA. I love the simplicity.
Back
Top Bottom