Search results

1. SWL3600

3/23/24 - 1PM Northern Chicago/Southern WI Get-Together?

Yeah, thanks for hosting Bob. I'm planning on being there too but I'm gonna have to stay for a couple weeks.
  2. SWL3600

Service for Yamaha CR-2040 Chicago area

https://stereorehab.wordpress.com/
  3. SWL3600

Forte III to Forte IV upgrade kit available from Klipsch

I agree. I gotta have subs for several reasons. I used direct radiating flavor of the month HT subs for years......but about 7-8 years ago I went to all THTLP's in my systems and haven't looked back. They've got it all. No doubt about it.
  4. SWL3600

Bose 35 quiet comfort sound quality

I use DSP with my 60+ year old tube integrated. I'm done with analog EQ's.
  5. SWL3600

Praise The Fisher 500c

I dig.
  6. SWL3600

Praise The Fisher 500c

No reason not to enjoy both ss and tubes. I know I do. Three HH Scott tube integrateds in the house. I'd love to find a nice Fisher.....or three.
  7. SWL3600

My HI-FI gear isn't going anywhere but for long walks and hiking, I enjoy the hell out of these Bluetooth headphones.
  8. SWL3600

I had Bose QC35 II's and with the Tube Amp Pro option in the Samsung Galaxy S8 I had....they were very listenable. I liked them a lot. Couple/few years ago I got a Galaxy S21 and the Tube Amp Pro option was gone. That sucked because it really worked great. Kept using the QC35 II's for a while...
  9. SWL3600

Where do you obtain/procure your Digital Content? And why?

Tidal at home. Spotify in the car. Spotify with Bluetooth headphones. Cd player once in a blue moon. Ditched vinyl years ago.
  10. SWL3600

Do You Prefer 320 kbps?

Oh, I dunno......maybe the higher frequencies are being tweaked to be perceived as having more clarity? I'm not being 100% serious but hey, we are living in the world we're living in. Having a hard time trusting anyone these days. It's sad.
  11. SWL3600

Do You Prefer 320 kbps?

Thanks for the input so far. I agree with all of it. What got me to start this thread was a recent purchase of some Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones. My previous pair were the Bose QC35 2's. I use them for long walks and hiking. Typically I'd just stream Spotify and they worked great for that...
  12. SWL3600

Do You Prefer 320 kbps?

Curious if there's anyone that actually prefers listening to 320 kbps files over cd quality or Hi-Res for any particular reason? Thanks!
  13. SWL3600

Pretty impressed with the Denon AVR-5700!

I'll find out soon. I had given the 3805 to my daughter and son in law almost ten years ago. They never really used it...recently she asked if I wanted it back. When I got it home I cleaned all the connections and paired it with the Aegir. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.....I mean it had...
  14. SWL3600

Pretty impressed with the Denon AVR-5700!

I've come full circle in this audio hobby. I started to take it serious circa 2002 or so. I started out doing the home theatre, two-channel combo thing using AVR's. Home theatre wore off pretty quickly for me but two-channel listening stuck. I batted around with all kinds of vintage...
  15. SWL3600

BlueSound Node 2i, Streaming Quality enhancements

I also have a 2i that I've thoroughly enjoyed for the last few years. As far as the volume setting on the Node itself, mostly what I read is that it should be set at full volume (100%) and you should control the gain with the volume knob on your preamp. I've gotten much better sound quality...
  16. SWL3600

Snow blowers and ears

It's been my understanding that even though you're wearing hearing protection, the vibrations in your ear drum can still have a negative effect. Tinnitus in particular. I'm a heavy equipment operator and wear ear protection most of the time depending on the machine. Besides ear wax build-up...
  17. SWL3600

What current production 12ax7s do you recommend?

JJ 12AX7 Frame Grid.
  18. SWL3600

Stereo's effect on the brain

I'd pat yourself on the back because it sounds like you assembled the perfect system tailored to your taste.
  19. SWL3600

The "air gap behind absorption panels" debate settled (with data)

When I first started messing around with this stuff I did almost the exact same thing. Those cheap foam panels made everything just way too dead in my setup. I went with a combination of GIK and ATS products and the improvements were almost profound. I would however like to try some more...
  20. SWL3600

This was about 5-6 years ago and no I never took any measurements but man was it an eye opener. Amazing what room treatment can do. "Hearing" the different effects treatments made was really cool.....coming from someone who likes to roll tubes, amps, preamps, speakers etc. like it's a fricken sport.
  21. SWL3600

I had fun dialing in all my absorption and diffusion in my main listening room. Not so much fun that I feel like bumping out all my absorption panels another 2", though. I'm wondering how much of an audible difference this would make....
  22. SWL3600

HH Scott Owners Thread

Christmas Eve and I've got one of my fully restored 222c's just really giving it to me. Smooth, warm and......did I say smooth? Oh yeah, gotta luv it.
  23. SWL3600

Happy Birthday SWL3600!

Thanks guys!!! Getting old sucks but listening to old equipment definitely does not!
  24. SWL3600

Schiit Fans ?

So I have (2) Vidars and (1) Aegir....pretty much since right after they came out. (3-4 years ago?) I just haven't had the time to deal with it until now but I've read quite a few others have had this same issue....and that's they all go into protection mode pretty darn quickly after cranking...
Back
Top Bottom