Search results

1. Inspiribomb

Looking for new integrated amp - advice/suggestions requested

I had really only considered the A-S1000 and up, as the build resembles high-end gear from the 70's. I seem to recall the other models in the lineup are well-regarded. I went down this rabbit hole a while back and strongly considered the Vidar, but ultimately did not move forward after reading...
  2. Inspiribomb

Getting by, enjoying a nice mild southern winter. Been a while, eh?
  3. Inspiribomb

Long story short, I am looking for a "new" integrated amp for my main system. Was using a W4S mINT (class D), then swapped in a Rega Brio. The change in sound with the Rega Brio was striking, so the W4S is headed out the door, and the Rega will take up office duty once again. Current equipment...
  4. Inspiribomb

NIB Original RF-7 Find

Here they are alongside my NHT Classic 4. The Klipsch actually play quite nicely with my W4S integrated amp. The increased sensitivity really helps in the large-ish room. The NHT would suck up all the power that little mInt could put out.
  5. Inspiribomb

NIB Klipsch Reference Find

Hey y'all, I don't post much anymore because I've been super busy with life, and frankly don't have much to add these days. But, I thought some of you would appreciate this. Just got back home from picking up a pair of original RF-7's in the unopened original boxes, along with an also unopened...
  6. Inspiribomb

NIB Original RF-7 Find

Hey y'all, I don't post much anymore because I've been super busy with life, and frankly don't have much to add these days. But, I thought some of you would appreciate this. Just got back home from picking up a pair of original RF-7's in the unopened original boxes, along with an also unopened...
  7. Inspiribomb

Any cat lovers here?

I am more of a dog person than cat person, but we rescued this stray and she turned out to be a real sweetie (most of the time). We have another elderly one who sort of tolerates her.
  8. Inspiribomb

Moving from MN to SC - Any others down there?

For anyone still following this, we finally landed a place of our own. Roughly 30 acres a little ways north of Florence. Very rural and quiet with lots of room to roam and play. Couple hours to the ocean, couple hours to the mountains, it will be our little oasis :)
  9. Inspiribomb

Awesome Small-Form Factor Amps

Paired up with some NHT Classic 3's in a near field listening positioning, I must say the little Rega Brio has really blown me away. It has been quite a while since I have auditioned any new gear, and have been running a Class D amp in the main system for some time now (Wyred4Sound mInt). This...
  10. Inspiribomb

This week I will be taking possession of a Rega Brio, which will be used in my office to power some NHT Classic 3's, and occasionally Klipsch RB-5's when I want to change it up. The Rega IO likely would have been more than adequate in this role, but I came across a great deal so jumped on the...
  11. Inspiribomb

Several years ago I had a W4S MPre and MAmps and really liked them. The preamp can trigger the power amps to turn on which was a nice feature. I sold them off and moved to their Mint which I use to this day in my main system.
  12. Inspiribomb

Returning to MN for a Visit

Morning everyone :wave: As many of you know, 2 years ago we packed up and moved to South Carolina. We will be visiting MN for a couple week in the middle-end of September, expecting to arrive September 19th. Give me a shout if anybody wants to try and get together and catch up. @doucanoe
  13. Inspiribomb

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

What a nice surprise! Thank you to the mods and members here who make this such a great, friendly, informative place :)
  14. Inspiribomb

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

October 19, 2004
  15. Inspiribomb

South Carolina audio club get together.

Fort Mill, still interested :)
  16. Inspiribomb

Offering Courier Service from MA to CA/WA - Late May 2021

I need MN to SC. Is this a possibility, or too far out of the way?
  17. Inspiribomb

NHT - what's going on these days?

Something to consider is they really like power. I believe their sensitivity rating is only 86 db/watt/meter. They will play moderately loud (louder than I care to listen to) with most decent amps. Part of the reason I sold mine was because I am transitioning to smaller amps and...
  18. Inspiribomb

NHT - what's going on these days?

M6 are incredible speakers for the money, and exist today as the M7. Both those and the AR-303 are very good speakers, congrats!
  19. Inspiribomb

Is this Audiokarma?

Yes, you are. Fortunately I have had something of a paradigm shift over the years, and am (for the most part) content with what I have. Once we get into our new house, I would like to treat myself to a pair of Spatial Audio X5 speakers.
  20. Inspiribomb

Is this Audiokarma?

Sold the house and moved to South Carolina. No more MN winters for me! It seems to be an audio wasteland down here, so I have been focusing on other hobbies.
  21. Inspiribomb

Is this Audiokarma?

Thanks! I've been around for a while, just do more lurking than posting these days.
  22. Inspiribomb

Is this Audiokarma?

Driver seems fine (aside from dimpled dust cap) as it will play plenty loud with signal from another receiver. The amp turns on, light turns green and can hear relay click. I can just hear a bit of output using LFE input and volume maxed out. I spoke with an engineer at NHT, and he said it...
  23. Inspiribomb

Is this Audiokarma?

Hola amigos :) I recently acquired some gear in... questionable condition, but figured for the price it was worth a gamble. It appeared from pictures that I might end up with a minimum of 2 good working speakers, and likely several pieces destined for the great gig in the sky. The fates must...
  24. Inspiribomb

Digital Streaming Solution for Shop (Got the Amp + Speakers)

I use something similar made by Logitech, and have it plugged into the switched outlet on the back of my receiver. I have found that it likes to dominate other BT devices, so it's nice to have it turn on/off with the receiver. Super simple and compact.
  25. Inspiribomb

Digital Streaming Solution for Shop (Got the Amp + Speakers)

I use a tiny (2x2 square) logitech bluetooth adapter to stream music from my phone in my office. With all of the streaming options on my phone, it is more than adequate for me, but may not be what you are looking for. My office system consists of: - Iphone Xs - Logitech bluetooth adapter -...
Back
Top Bottom