Search results

1. Inspiribomb

Looking for new integrated amp - advice/suggestions requested

Long story short, I am looking for a "new" integrated amp for my main system. Was using a W4S mINT (class D), then swapped in a Rega Brio. The change in sound with the Rega Brio was striking, so the W4S is headed out the door, and the Rega will take up office duty once again. Current equipment...
  2. Inspiribomb

NIB Klipsch Reference Find

Hey y'all, I don't post much anymore because I've been super busy with life, and frankly don't have much to add these days. But, I thought some of you would appreciate this. Just got back home from picking up a pair of original RF-7's in the unopened original boxes, along with an also unopened...
  3. Inspiribomb

NIB Original RF-7 Find

Hey y'all, I don't post much anymore because I've been super busy with life, and frankly don't have much to add these days. But, I thought some of you would appreciate this. Just got back home from picking up a pair of original RF-7's in the unopened original boxes, along with an also unopened...
  4. Inspiribomb

Returning to MN for a Visit

Morning everyone :wave: As many of you know, 2 years ago we packed up and moved to South Carolina. We will be visiting MN for a couple week in the middle-end of September, expecting to arrive September 19th. Give me a shout if anybody wants to try and get together and catch up. @doucanoe
  5. Inspiribomb

Is this Audiokarma?

Hola amigos :) I recently acquired some gear in... questionable condition, but figured for the price it was worth a gamble. It appeared from pictures that I might end up with a minimum of 2 good working speakers, and likely several pieces destined for the great gig in the sky. The fates must...
  6. Inspiribomb

Southbury, CT to South Carolina - Klipsch Bookshelf Speakers

There is a pair of Klipsch bookshelf speakers in Southbury, Connecticut that I am interested in buying, but the seller is unable to ship them. Would anyone be willing to pick them up for me and safely pack/ship to me in South Carolina? They are about 30 pounds each. Thanks in advance!
  7. Inspiribomb

This is Heresy!

Greetings everyone, seems like it has been forever since I last posted here. Since selling my house, relocating across the country, and moving into an apartment, my philosophy on tunes, or rather what produces them, has somewhat changed. Currently running NHT M6 speakers off a Wyred4Sound Mint...
  8. Inspiribomb

Moving from MN to SC - Any others down there?

After another hard MN winter (and several other reasons), we've decided to relocate to South Carolina. Specifically, outside of the Columbia area. After surveying the housing market, we are looking at building a "barndominium" (steel structure, steel siding, steel roof) on 5+ acres...
  9. Inspiribomb

Help me downgrade my system (amplification)

Greetings everyone. I don't spend much time on the forums anymore due to various life changes, and in general have been out of the loop when it comes to audio gear. I'm at a point where I'd like to simplify/downsize a bit. Currently running Wyred4Sound mPre and mAmps with Klipsch RB-75 and a...
  10. Inspiribomb

Sony SS-M9ED Components

Howdy everyone! It has been a while since I've been an active poster, but I had a lithe free time today while I took care of stuff around the house and thought I'd pop online for a bit. Some of you may remember my time with a pair of Sony SS-M9ED's a while back. Easily the best speakers I...
  11. Inspiribomb

Need Recommendations - Over the ears cans for work

Unfortunately I am both too lazy and don't have nearly enough time to dig into what all is available and do the proper research for this purchase, so I am asking for help in picking out some cans. These will primarily be used at work, plugged into my iPhone 4. Music played will be a variety...
  12. Inspiribomb

Chicago to Twin Cities (MN)

There is some furniture in Chicago that I'd really like to buy. It breaks down into smallish sections/pieces, but you'd likely need to have a SUV or pickup to haul it. Haven't quite worked out the deal, but wondering if somebody would be able to help with this. Even if you could get it to...
  13. Inspiribomb

Web Proxy for Mac?

I am a recent mac convert (2011 Mac Mini), and although I consider myself fairly computer savvy, am having trouble figuring out how to set up a web proxy. Any gurus out there who can help me do this? I tried installing Privoxy, but got frustrated and gave up. It would be nice if there was a...
  14. Inspiribomb

Cobblefest 2.1

Hope y'all have recovered from Cobblefest MKII - Countryfest, because before long we'll be having Cobblefest 2.1!!! More tunes, gear, friends, food and fun! Just wanted to get a new thread started so people can start making plans. Hopefully this time we will be blessed with some nice weather...
  15. Inspiribomb

Hanging my 46" LCD on the Wall

I am planning to hang my 46" Sharp Aquos on the wall, but would like a little input on it. The way my room is situated, and the wall that I am hanging it on, I want/need a full-motion mount so that I can rotate the display out towards the kitchen, as well as tilt and pan the display. I will...
  16. Inspiribomb

Sony SS-M9ED in the House

:jawdrop: :banana:
  17. Inspiribomb

My scores this weekend are soft and snuggly...

I am finally sitting down and relaxing after driving all over the Twin Cities. First stop was to pick up a Stressless/Ekornes recliner for a price that I simply could not pass up. After removing all the cushions, vacuuming it, and removing the roughly $5 worth of change rattling around, this...
  18. Inspiribomb

Cobblefest MKII - Countryfest!!!

Many of you will likely recall Ron's (Doucanoe) outstanding gathering last year - Cobblefest. I've been considering hosting Cobblefest 2011 at my place in the country this year... I like the theme from last year, but have ample space for almost anything you could possibly want to bring. For...
  19. Inspiribomb

First house!

At long last, the final bank approval has come through for a house I put an offer in on several months ago. I've been looking at houses for almost a year, finally decided that it was time to move out of my duplex and onto something of my own. I wanted something for a long-term investment, both...
  20. Inspiribomb

Say Hello to Moses the Boxer!

My SO and I got our first Boxer, Libby, together and she has become an irreplaceable member of our little family. She is a wonderful companion, friend, security system, and entertainment. We've been wanting a little companion for her, so we picked up this little guy for a little brother. Here...
  21. Inspiribomb

Power Lamp Replacement

I'm still in love with my Marantz Music Link equipment, SC-22 preamp and MA-24 monoblocks. Unfortunately, the little blue power lights are burned out on all of them. Can anyone suggest a suitable replacement? Just looking for OEM (possibly LED for longevity), nothing fancy.
  22. Inspiribomb

Paging GordonW

I've been trying to contact you for a while now (over a month) and have sent 2 PM's with no response regarding my KEF Reference 4's. I understand if you are too busy to be bothered by my request/inquiry, but I would appreciate a response regardless. Thanks, Aaron
  23. Inspiribomb

Marantz Power Lamp/Light Replacement

I'm still in love with my Marantz Music Link equipment, SC-22 preamp and MA-24 monoblocks. Unfortunately, the little blue power lights are burned out on all of them. Can anyone suggest a suitable replacement? Just looking for OEM (possibly LED for longevity), nothing fancy.
  24. Inspiribomb

KEF Reference 4.2 - Towers that Sing and Glow

My first experience with KEF speakers was with Ron (Doucanoe), who owned a pair of KEF 105/3's. They were fairly large, well-built, heavy, and impressive both in looks and design. I was impressed by the Uni-Q tweeter design, as well as the woofer layout - a pair of woofers facing up/down...
  25. Inspiribomb

Resisting Temptation (Aerial Acoustics 20T)

As some of you know, I am in the fortunate situation where I am in the market for buying a house. I am finding that it can be rather difficult to save my chunk for a down-payment for what it is meant. Recently, my absolute "ultimate" speakers popped up for sale locally, a pair of Aerial...
Back
Top Bottom