Search results

1. 240 Volts

Sony TA-5650 V-FET Amp : Taking a Big Chance

I've been looking out for one of the Sony V-FET amplifiers for a while just to see what all the fuss was about. I know they can be very fragile and I've already got more amplifiers than I need, so didn't want to pay top price for an "as new" unit. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I bought...
  2. 240 Volts

Sony 1980 Catalog - High Res Scans

I've not seen a great deal of literature regarding classic Sony gear here on AK, so over the last few weeks I've been scanning a 1980 catalog I came across recently. As usual I've tidied up the scans as best I can (not too bad for a 30 year old catalog) and posted them on Photobucket. Hope you...
  3. 240 Volts

Tandberg Catalog 1976/77 : High Res Scans

I recently bought a Tandberg catalog covering the 1976/77 model ranges and thought that it would be a good idea to post it on AK in it's entireity (all 36 A4 pages). I've scanned the pictures in high resolution and edited them to remove as many blemishes as I can, however as the catalog is 33...
  4. 240 Volts

Poly-Unsaturated Transformer - Better For Your Health?

Came across the attached photo of the transformer in a Technics SU-8080 amplifier. The label states "High performance power transformer floated in the modified unsaturated polyester resin" So my question is... Do you think listening to this amplifier will help to reduce my cholesterol level...
  5. 240 Volts

eBay plans to ban sellers from giving negative feedback

Saw the story here about eBay planning to ban negative feedback from sellers. While I'm sure many sellers use the threat of retaliatory negative feedback to prevent buyers from expressing their true views, I think this move would shift the balance of power too far in the buyers favour...
  6. 240 Volts

Trio-Kenwood Catalog 1977 : High Res Scans

I recently bought a Trio-Kenwood catalog covering the 1977 UK model ranges and thought that it would be a good idea to post it on AK in it's entireity (all 30 A4 pages). This is going to take me quite some time as I'm scanning the pictures in high resolution and then editing them to remove as...
  7. 240 Volts

Trio / Kenwood KA-907 Vandalised

I came across a Trio / Kenwood KA-907 for sale on a certain auction site (I've deliberately not posted a link or otherwise identified the auction to prevent removal of this thread by the mods). Seller clearly has no idea what a classic amplifier this is - see below for an extract from the...
  8. 240 Volts

2285B Receiver just sold on UK eBay

I was watching this nice looking 2285B receiver on UK eBay, never expected it to get as high as 341GBP (approx $700US). Link here. Is this in line with current prices in the USA or elsewhere round the world? - Richard B.
  9. 240 Volts

Dr. Strangelove

Just realised that it's a long time since I saw any posts by Dr. Strangelove. :scratch2: The "Member List" shows his last activity as being on 09-05-2007 - exactly one month ago. I hope he's OK, anyone have any information? - Richard B.
  10. 240 Volts

JVC 5331K - Weird Woofer

Found the attached picture on a certain well known auction site - never seen anything like the woofers on these speakers. :yikes: Anyone know anything about them ? - Richard B.
  11. 240 Volts

Pioneer Catalog 1976/77 : High Res Scans

I recently bought a Pioneer catalog covering the 1976/77 model ranges and thought that it would be a good idea to post it on AK in it's entireity (all 40 A4 pages). This is going to take me quite some time as I'm scanning the pictures in high resolution and then editing them to remove as many...
  12. 240 Volts

Pioneer Catalog 1974/75 : Scans

I recently bought a Pioneer catalog covering the 1974/75 model ranges and thought that it would be a good idea to post it on AK in it's entireity (all 24 A4 pages). Due to it's age the quality is not fantastic, but it does contain a lot of information, in particular the detailed specifications...
  13. 240 Volts

Trio KR-9600 DC Offset Voltage - 2SC1345 Equivalents ??

I recently acquired a Trio KR-9600 receiver in very good condition (bought it on a well known auction site). Upon checking it out I found that the output DC offset was approx 120mV on one channel and 130mV on the other. The KR-9600 does not have adjustment pots for offset, so the only way of...
  14. 240 Volts

Pioneer M-6500 Music Centre - Advert Scan

Found the attached advert while looking through some old UK Hi-Fi magazines. Wondered if anyone had seen one of these before? Doc? :scratch2: - Richard B.
  15. 240 Volts

Trio 600 / 600T Vintage Advert Scan

Found the attached advert for the Trio (Kenwood) 600 amplifier and 600T tuner in an old UK Hi-Fi magazine I was looking through recently. Allowing for inflation the advert would now have to read "If you earn less than Fourty Thousand pounds a year we reluctantly suggest you turn the page". At...
  16. 240 Volts

Setton RS-440 Receiver - UK Advert Scan

I was looking through some old Hi-Fi magazines from the late 70's and found the attached advert for a Setton RS-440 receiver. Thought VintageStereo might appreciate it.:yes: I was a bit surprised to find that they offered a 5 year guarantee on all amplifiers and receivers. - Richard B.
  17. 240 Volts

SILVER Yamaha B-2 on UK eBay (Great Pictures)

Beautiful looking SILVER Yamaha B-2 VFET power amplifier here on UK eBay. I'm very tempted to bid, but I'm sure it will cost more than I can justify (I've already been extravagant with my spending this weekend). Pictures from the auction attached below for reference purposes. -...
  18. 240 Volts

Vintage Christmas Present - What Would You Choose??

As it's nearly Xmas, let's imagine that wishes can come true. If you could go back in time and choose any single piece of vintage gear for your Xmas present then what would it be and why? I'd like to have a brand new Pioneer SX-1010. The one I've got is pretty good both cosmetically and...
  19. 240 Volts

Pioneer CT-A1 Cassette Deck - Info??

Saw this on a certain auction site, never seen a Pioneer CT-A1 before - anyone know anything about it? Doc? - Richard B.
  20. 240 Volts

Bose 901 with Rotten Foam - UK eBay

For all the thousands of Bose 901 fans out there, here is a very very sorry looking pair of 901's for sale on UK e-Bay. It would be one hell of a re-foaming and re-veneering job to bring these back to acceptable condition. I think the best use for these particular ones would be as firewood :D...
  21. 240 Volts

Nakamichi 1000ZXL - UK e-Bay BIN 6,449GBP

Would you pay 6,449GBP (approx. 12,286USD) for a supposedly brand new Nakamichi 1000ZXL cassette deck from a newly registered e-Bay seller with a feedback rating of zero? :yikes: No pictures of the deck itself - just of the box and accessories. Here Hmmm..... NO I don't think I would (but...
  22. 240 Volts

Marantz 2600 - Sold for £845 on UK eBay

I was watching this Marantz 2600 for the last few days. If it had been from a good private seller I might have bid on it (but not as high as £845!!). In any case I think another AK member was bidding on it so I kept out of the way. What do you all think, good deal at this price or not? It's...
  23. 240 Volts

Pioneer Catalog 1978/79

Pioneer Catalog 1978/79 : High Res Scans I recently bought a Pioneer catalog covering the 1978/79 model ranges and thought that it would be a good idea to post it on AK in it's entireity (all 56 A4 pages). This is going to take me quite some time as I'm scanning the pictures in high resolution...
  24. 240 Volts

Scammer of the Year 2006

You've just got to look at all the items listed by this scammer here - it's like a who's who of everything desireable and high-end in the hi-fi world. :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: I've already reported the scumbag to eBay, so look quick before all the listings get pulled. After all the hi-fi...
  25. 240 Volts

"Monster Receiver" Site - Missing

Just went to have a look at AK member VintageStereo's "Monster Receiver" website only to find that it appears to have gone missing. Anyone know if the URL has changed or is it just me being particularly incompetent? :scratch2: - Richard B.
Back
Top Bottom