Search results

1. sauuuuuce

Epoxy / araldite ?

Most standard epoxies are good to 90-100C. There are plenty out there that can go much higher. Like Larry said the heat from the bulb won't be a problem.
  2. sauuuuuce

Computer Woes...

I've had good experiences with Lavasoft's Adaware. Seems to clean up all those nasties.
  3. sauuuuuce

Finally tried the Magic Eraser

Nice!!
  4. sauuuuuce

Audiokarma Anniversary Contest, sign up here

Audiokarma
  5. sauuuuuce

Feeling discouraged today.....

I can hear the difference between a 128k mp3 and a CD but am getting past it. mp3's and streaming on Pandora are two things my iPhone can do....This way when I am at work, or mowing, no matter what I feel like listening to I'll have it. Lossless would eat up the phone's storage space pretty...
  6. sauuuuuce

Wow that's awkward...

hilarious. Bose sure look different on camera!
  7. sauuuuuce

How old, make that "YOUNG", are you guys?

29.....for a few more weeks anyway. I'm kind of a part time lower-middle-fi guy. Once I have money and time I might upgrade myself to part time middle fi guy.
  8. sauuuuuce

What song is IMPOSSIBLE not to play loud?

Anything of Metallica's (especially the S&M album) and Since I've Been Loving You - Led Zeppelin. Jimmy Page's guitar tearing your head off....that's how it's done.
  9. sauuuuuce

Led Zeppelin...better at Blues or better at Rock?

Led Zeppelin is the best blues band ever. muhahahahahahaha
  10. sauuuuuce

Who Here Has The Least Amount Of LP's In Their Collection?

I have been at it for about the same time and have around 120 or so.....
  11. sauuuuuce

Do You Place Album Cover Where You Can See It While Playing The LP?

Nope. I like to do the same thing on the other side of the equator.
  12. sauuuuuce

Not Making 'Em Like They Used To

I had a 64 Ford F100. The gas tank rode in the cab with you, right behind the seat. When the tank was near empty you could hear the gas sloshing around the tank going through corners. I don't think there is anything "better" about new gear. More capable, yes. But quality-wise the machines...
  13. sauuuuuce

Wolfgang's Vault

Anyone use this place? My mom sent me a link a few years ago and I just checked it out again for the first time in a while. Looks like there are alot of cool shows on there. If you haven't yet....check it out.
  14. sauuuuuce

Leaving solid state amplifier ON all the time.

Many recording studios (around here anyway) leave equipment on for eternity, for the reasons you mention (stability of performance.) I've also heard some studio guys say they do it to limit power cycles....at power on there are greater currents for a very short while, which can stress parts...
  15. sauuuuuce

Too much free time in high school

A friend and I used to see who could dream up and draw the most rediculous drum sets. Then Terry Bozzio actually built one and we gave up.
  16. sauuuuuce

I am new to ak

welcome to the best place in the digital world.
  17. sauuuuuce

Drummer needs help.

Pull the toms around toward you more.....so they will hang out a little over the edge of the bass drum. They'll be right next to each other and a little higher. Then you raise the snare and the throne up just a bit to match...floor tom too.
  18. sauuuuuce

what if led zep recorded like steely dan....

I think ITOD is seriously underated by EVERYONE. Now CODA on the other hand.........that's filler.
  19. sauuuuuce

Internet Connection Test

Download - 16.58Mb/s Upload - 2.49Mb/s Ping - 21 ms MP3 (5MB) - 3 sec Video Clip (35MB) - 17 sec Movie (800MB) - 6 min
  20. sauuuuuce

SuperBowl Poll

Wow...the second AKer with in a short drive of me!! We should start an INAK club! GO COLTS!!
  21. sauuuuuce

SuperBowl Poll

I'm biased of course. GO HORSE!
  22. sauuuuuce

French press - I'm impressed!

Press all the way!!!! I used a percolator for years. I preferred it over a drip brewer.....switched to a press a few months ago and won't go back.
  23. sauuuuuce

"Have I become an audio snob?" or "Starbucks CDs = bad"

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
  24. sauuuuuce

Quantum Field Generator: Anyone tried?

I'm with EchoWars on this one. One day they're gonna come out with some type of "sound worm hole" that transfers the directly into your brain through the air!!! :D
  25. sauuuuuce

What age will toddler stop hurting speakers?

My three year old knows just now not to touch daddy's stereo stuff, radio stuff, or computer stuff unless I am there and "helping." Which is kinda nice....I have a feeling the 6 month old isn't going to get there that fast.
Back
Top Bottom