Search results

1. nrenter

SX-5580 (SX-1050) and HPM 200s?

Yes. Shouldn’t be an issue.
  2. nrenter

Pioneer HPM-200 Speakers

James, Sean @ The Skiiing Ninja did my crossovers, but he's no longer performing those services. The crossover schematics are posted in this thread, so anyone that has access to your originals should be able to replicate (and reuse any necessary parts).
  3. nrenter

Help a 1980's Pioneer Fan-Boy...

Having not heard any of these offerings (and not knowing more than is what is posted) I’d go with the near-mint M25. You can’t improve the physical condition, but you can restore it electronically if necessary. Plus, it’s biased 3 Watts class A, and you would be surprised how often you stay...
  4. nrenter

Record Cleaning: Developing the Best Possible Methods

I’m recanting my recommendation of concentration in a Klaudio US machine. Even at 1/4th and 1/8th concentrations, there’s too much residue left on the record (when air dried w/o a rinse step). Any suggestions as to the bare minimum ratio that would provide just enough surfactant to sheet the...
  5. nrenter

So I’m rethinking the concentration in my Klaudio US machine. The records are quieter, but I’m seeing more gunk on my stylus. Mind you, I’m not doing a vacuum rinse step.
  6. nrenter

Pioneer HPM 200 Count.

I’ve got a thread somewhere on AK that documents my HPM-200 adventure. Very cool speakers.
  7. nrenter

Amp for HPM 200

What’s the state of your 1050? Restored? I’ve driven my HPM-200s with an HT receiver, but you’ve got me wanting to check them out with my SX-1250.
  8. nrenter

Klaudio kd-cln-lp200 experience and machine cleaning suggestions

I’ve recently begun to experiment with a diluted cleaning solution (w/ surfactant) in my Klaudio US machine. The difference is not subtle. There’s a thread here on AK that walks through the formula if you choose to try.
  9. nrenter

Wow. Simply wow. This formula (half-strength in a Klaudio ultrasonic machine) is the real deal. It’s quieting records I previously thought were simply damaged (and have been through a half-dozen cycles in the Klaudio US machine - water only). I’m a believer.
  10. nrenter

Here's a quick reference to where I'm getting my supplies (also, listed for confirmation that I'm getting the right stuff): Hepastat 256 - https://www.quill.com/brighton-professional-hepastat-256-restroom-cleaner-handy-mix-dilutable-64-oz/cbs/51805647.html EDTA -...
  11. nrenter

@phantomrebel, you rock! I guess it's time to mix up a batch of solution based on best-practices listed in this thread.
  12. nrenter

@jbailey930, Yes, I actually did read this thread from the beginning. The quote from @guest110 that jumped out at me was, "Whoa, Jetdri is mostly Citric Acid and has a pH of 1." This could be interpreted as "Finish Jet-Dry has a pH of 1" or "Citric Acid has a pH of 1". It's the fear of using...
  13. nrenter

Can we revisit the Finish Jet-Dry debate? I’ve always wondered how some Jet-Dry would affect the performance of a Klaudio ultrasonic machine. In theory, it seems like a simple (and ideal) additive. Borrowed from another site (interjected with my own commentary)… Finish Jet-Dry rinse aid has a...
  14. nrenter

Machinist to make turntable components...

Unless someone tells me this is the wrong stuff, I'd assume we'd start with a slice from this 14" rod. Since I'd have to order 1' minimum, and that would be sliced into (4) 3" platters, I'd ideally find another audiophile or 2 to jump on this dance train to crazytown...
  15. nrenter

Machinist to make turntable components...

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, or asking the wrong people... I have a Teres turntable table w/ a Verus motor and a solid acrylic platter. I love my table, but I’d love it more if I could experiment with other platter options. I’m not willing to mod my existing acrylic platter. Has...
  16. nrenter

Pioneer SX-1280 recap and restoration thread

Thanks! I don't want to crap on your thread, but may be interested in your crate at some point (as I've got a SX-1250 that, although it's been partially restored, is having it's ass kicked by a SX-680).
  17. nrenter

Pioneer SX-1280 recap and restoration thread

@mattsd, Would you mind documenting how you pack and ship a beast like this, too?
  18. nrenter

Pioneer HPM-200 Speakers

In retrospect, I'd try a different approach. If I attempted my repair again, I'd get myself some silver conductive ink and "repaint" the nonconductive sections of the mylar. I kind of took a chainsaw to the problem when I really just needed a scalpel. Some have completely stripped and repainted...
  19. nrenter

Pioneer SX-850 with Marquetry Cabinet

Yeah, that's impressive. I'm assuming it's as beautiful inside (full restoration)?
  20. nrenter

Pioneer HPM-200 Speakers

Yeah, I noticed that, too. I only sent Sean the crossovers for rebuild - he did not have access to the speakers themselves. Before I sent the crossovers to Sean, I hauled the speakers to Danny's (GR Research) place for measurement. When I received the crossovers back, I hauled the speakers back...
  21. nrenter

Pioneer HPM-200 Speakers

I guess I should post this schematic in this thread, too. Hpm-200-schematic by nrenter posted Dec 8, 2015 at 7:26 PM
  22. nrenter

Pioneer HPM-200 Speakers

Those look great!
  23. nrenter

Pioneer HPM 200 Restoration. Questions.....

Here you go... Hpm-200-schematic by nrenter posted Dec 8, 2015 at 7:26 PM
  24. Hpm-200-schematic

Hpm-200-schematic

25. nrenter

Pioneer HPM 200 Restoration. Questions.....

Damn...those are ugly. Let me ping the Skiing Ninja & Danny Ritchie to see if they have the schematics from my pair. I don't believe we changed any component values, but we did select the "contour" that produced the best frequency response, hardwired those parts, and removed the contour controls...
Back
Top Bottom