Search results

1. middleMI

A Pair of Infinty Speakers For Vintage Audio System

I have had the Monitor II's, the IIa's, the 2000 II's and still have the original Infinity Monitor. model I would agree with FrankPA that the 2000 II, to my ears, sounded the best of the lot, but what the hell do I know! :-)
  2. middleMI

Infinity Walsh Tweeters vs EMIT's?

I have a pair of the Infinity Monitor, the initial model prior to the II and then the IIa. It is a three way system with the same woofer as the others, the midrange of the II and the Walsh. So, in this case, the Walsh tweeter is run as an actual tweeter and not just as a super tweeter. The highs...
  3. middleMI

Infinity 2000 II Possible SCORE!

That is so sad....... nowadays people do not realize what great speakers they were/are and to be had at such prices...... their loss and unfortunate also that of the sellers. sigh
  4. middleMI

Design Acoustic D-12 speakers

Thanks guys! I knew if I posted here, I would get some answers and leads! VERY much appreciated.... But I am confused a bit. So that number I gave does not help me in finding the actual model number of the woofer. There is another number stamped on the back which is 5810238 ....... and there...
  5. middleMI

Greetings from Michigan

Welcome Welcome and hope you enjoy this wonderful resource that is Audiokarma. Fellow Michigander here, kinda in the center of the mitten. Glad you enjoy those EPI's, I have quite a collection of them.....
  6. middleMI

and pics.... Forgot to add some pics.....
  7. middleMI

as an aside I drove to Kentucky from Michigan to pick up a pair of D-12's. Mine are yellow, didn't even know they made them with that color grill cloth or maybe it was changed?? In any case, one woofer is shot as in it has a bad voice coil. I have been reading the posts here and noted people...
  8. middleMI

Nice pic of the D-12's! Are they yours?

Nice pic of the D-12's! Are they yours?
  9. middleMI

How many speakers do you own?

It looks pretty unhealthy when you start typing away....... sigh but what the hell :-) Magnepan MG 3.3 Infinity Monitor II Infinity Monitor IIa Infinity WTLC Infinity 2000 II Infinity Qa Infinity Qb EPI 400+ EPI 202 EPI 201 EPI 100 DCM QED Grafyx SP-10 Design Acoustics D-12...
  10. middleMI

design acoustic d-12 on tv

I have a pair in yellow, well, pretty dirty yellow fabric. A recent acquisition, drove to Kentucky to pick them up along with a pair of D-6's. Have to get the woofers redone in both pairs, the D-12's and D-6's. Am on the desperate hunt for a pair of the stands for the D-12's! Anyone have any...
  11. middleMI

NEW GUY From HOUGHTON LAKE, MI.

Welcome to a fellow central MI listener!
  12. middleMI

Hello from Michigan

Welcome Justin from a fellow Michigander and hope you enjoy your stay here on Audiogon and to vinyl! If you are ever near Big Rapids...... drop on by! Enjoy the music!
  13. middleMI

Infinity WTLC Column

Oh, this is just a shot in the dark here, I have a pair of WTLC, that I picked up because my friend used to own a pair waaay back in our college days, and I always liked them. Anyway, my pair is minus the Walsh tweeters, sigh. So, I have been on the hunt for a pair of Walsh tweeter F O R E V E...
  14. middleMI

Mac for Ohm Walsh 100S3

I know this is a Mac forum, but just adding my 2 cents on the Walsh's. I have the Walsh 2's that have been upgraded to the 100.3's and they really shine with a DK Design VS 1 MK II integrated, which has a tubed preamp stage and solid stage driver stage. Enjoy your Walsh's!! Wonderful speakers...
  15. middleMI

I have Ohm F's

re; love mine Have a rebuilt pair......love em! Hope you enjoy yours
  16. middleMI

Ohm Walsh Placement / Setup / Ohmheads

Got a pair of vintage Ohm F's and Walsh 2's upgraded to 100.3's.... still playing around with placement but prefer the F's!
  17. middleMI

DCM QED: Show me the light

Those are definitely the QED's. Maybe the bolt came with the QED 1A's which I have. I think that is the original tweeter that came in the Time Windows and the QED's. So, thinking yours are the first generation QED's. Glad you are enjoying their sound more! Regards, Ken
  18. middleMI

ps. if anyone needs/wants a copy of the information on the QED's just send me your email and I'll be happy to forward.
  19. middleMI

re: forgot Forgot to mention, my model is the QED 1A. And per the spec sheet DCM was kind enough to email me, the speakers are 8 ohm nominal, frequency range stated as 32Hz - 20kHz (no plus/minus stated) 8 inch low frequency driver .75 soft plastic dome tweeter acoustic anti-diffraction lens...
  20. middleMI

re: have a pair I have a pair of QED's. They are fantastic sounding, actually sold a pair of Time Window 1A's and kept the QED's. There is a bolt on the bottom of the speaker. I grew up in Detroit and remember when DCM came into it's own. I think it was the Grammaphone that carried the Time...
  21. middleMI

Finally saying something, "hi everyone"

Hi, have looked on this site on and off for awhile, and finally decided to become "official" and introduce myself. I live in the middle of the lower penninsula of Michigan, which translates to the middle of nowhere! As I type this, I have been thinking back to my equipment in the past years, and...
Back
Top Bottom