Search results

1. M

McIntosh 75th Anniversary Releases

You were correct. Maybe they will release more products later in the year? How could they not release an "MC75th Anniversary" amp?
  2. M

McIntosh 75th Anniversary Special Releases?

Since they have discontinued the MXA80 mini system plus the MCT80 SACD transport I wonder if they will release a 75th anniversary all-in-one system like they did for their 60th anniversary?
  3. M

The New MP-100 And Dealer Availability...

The bulk of the McIntosh line says "in-store only" on their website if it's the store I'm thinking of. There is no rhyme or reason to it though with something like the McAire in-store only but the XR100 speakers available via mail order.
  4. M

Mclntosh now sold at Crutchfield

It still means something to me but to younger generations it doesn't mean anything. So if Crutchfield and Amazon can now sell McIntosh over the internet does that mean places like Audio Classics can too?
  5. M

Mclntosh now sold at Crutchfield

Could be. They make 'lifestyle' products now, they sell on Amazon and they have begun manufacturing products in China. There could come a time when they close up the factory and shift all production overseas. I think it's inevitable. It's just the way the industry is headed.
  6. M

C1100T.......nice

We still haven't heard anything about the MB50 and that was shown off months ago.
  7. M

MB100 Posted

Loosely based? :D Port layout is identical on the motherboard side so it's most likely an MMS-5A with a daughter card DAC that bypasses the one on the motherboard and a beefed up analog out. Someone will open one of these up soon enough.
  8. M

So which gear will you be trading in, and for what?

Apparently the new purchase has the be from the same product category and the price must be equal to or greater than both the 75% of the original MSRP trade value and the full original MSRP combined. You also can't trade an integrated amp in for a separate amp and preamp or vice versa. I guess...
  9. M

Wanting to Buy a McIntosh MT-5 But The Local Dealer Won't Sell It To Me!

Isn't 18 hours roundtrip a bit much?
  10. M

There's no reason they would have to eliminate the dealer network in order to do direct sales though. They could do both. Most people live nowhere near a McIntosh dealer and those that do may not have access to one of the good ones.
  11. M

T.H.E. SHOW Newport Beach

ron-c is my hero for not getting that referrence! :music:
  12. M

You hit the nail on the head. They should start selling direct. Too many McIntosh dealers specialize in home theater design and don't carry inventory but can order something for you if you really want it. Whats the point of a brick and mortar McIntosh dealer if all they can do is order...
  13. M

McIntosh MHA-100 Headphones amp/DAC unboxed

Ron, do you think it could drive the XR50's given they are rated at 75+ watts and the MHA100 outputs 50 watts? Would using it in sub mode help since it wouldn't have to handle the lower frequencies? Also, can you clarify how the amplifier works between headphones and speakers? It sounds...
  14. M

New entry-level McIntosh mono and stereo amps on the way?

That's the MB100 media server.
  15. M

I wonder if this new design aesthetic is going to be on all new McIntosh models now or just the entry-level and "lifestyle" ones. I hope not. I really don't like the tiny round buttons like on the McAire. Always smudging up the glass as it's too small. I used to have an MC754. Definitely...
  16. M

“The MC152 and MC301 amplifiers are McIntosh’s first solid-state amps that leverage their renowned technology to offer lower-power options. Each amplifier features McIntosh’s iconic blue power meters and sleek black chassis, this time at a slim 130mm height. Operating at 150 watts per...
  17. M

From the Munich High End Show: [LINK] [LINK] There are only two buttons on the front glass, one on each side, and they appear to be the same round push button style as on the McAire. No red power button. Not sure what implications this has... perhaps that they are considered another...
  18. M

NEW OWNERS of McIntosh

So the Fine Sounds Group is moving from one firm to another, basically?
  19. M

CES speculation on new McIntosh products ? ...

There is an interview with Ron C about the MHA100. If I'm understanding it correctly, the 50 watt speaker amp is "channeled" through the autoformers to drive the headphones with a maximum of about 2 watts. Unfortunately it doesn't work in reverse so no autoformers for the speakers, just the...
  20. M

That would be a nice step up. The D100 has a better DAC than the MA6700 but whether or not one can hear the difference is another question. Either way would be a great way to go.
  21. M

Yeah, I was really hoping for a MS300/MS750 replacement that was designed and built in-house but this sure isn't it. It's nice to have all that built into a component that looks good but if they're going to base it on that and price it that high forget it. I'm starting to come around to the...
  22. M

The McIntosh MB100 on display at CES was very clearly based on the Autonomics MMS-5A. The Autonomics is basically a $500 PC inside which includes a rather poor DAC on the motherboard. It sells for $4250. The computer ports on the McIntosh are identical which tells us they are using the same...
  23. M

I really like the MHA100 myself but don't get why they included a separate 50 watt speaker amp when they could have left it off and made it smaller and cheaper. I'm also not sure why they are selling the exact same thing with bundled speakers as the MXA70. That seems a bit disingenuous to me...
  24. M

Ron, are both the MHA100 and MXA70 the same other than the bundled speakers? Do both have the sub out feature? If so, is it the same kind as used on the MXA60 (which included a special sub mode with an 80Hz cutoff/crossover) or is it like the MA6600 where it would have to go out to the sub and...
  25. M

Do the meters adapt to headphone vs speaker use or are they only active for one? Burr Brown or ESS? Can the MHA100 handle the XR50's or would that be pushing it?
Back
Top Bottom