Search results

1. Will V.

Today's JAZZ playlist

Maiden Voyage
  2. Will V.

Marantz 2270 $60 STL CL

Sweet! Too bad I'd have to spend another $40 or so on fuel, and spend an entire evening, to pick that up.
  3. Will V.

good download site?

Well, if we're listing free and legal download sites, there is http://www.archive.org/, the internet archive. The technical quality of the digital files is variable, but they have some indie and obscure stuff. Some of it may be interesting, depending on your tastes. They also have free and...
  4. Will V.

Fuses for Polk Monitor 10s

Ah, you grabbed those, eh? I was thinking about grabbing them, but I just have too many speakers right now, and I need to concentrate on other things. How do you like them?
  5. Will V.

Is there a clear path to satisfying HT/2-channel switchable system?

I watched a couple of movies last weekend using my Pioneer SX-950, pushing Boston Acoustics A150's and A60's. I tweaked the tone controls a bit to push the midrange, and the sound was actually quite good. So now, I am wondering whether it's worth it to try some fancy setup, or whether it's...
  6. Will V.

Improving Craigslist Searches

Very nice. How about wildcard matches on CL? That would be great.
  7. Will V.

Found a Fender tube amp. What do I have here?

I would sell it as-is. Who knows what you might find after diving into the circuit, it could turn into a big headache. I'd ask $150-200, OBO.
  8. Will V.

DIY Prices have gone insane!

I am *so glad* that a real economist is affirming my own feeling about the state of the economy. I don't want to make this a political or too OT thread, so I won't say anything more about it, but thank you.
  9. Will V.

DIY Prices have gone insane!

Yep. Two words: tanking dollar.
  10. Will V.

Want to see some expensive speakers?

Nice attitude! :thmbsp: (In case it's not clear, I am NOT being sarcastic!)
  11. Will V.

Preserving papers

Really? I could do that, but wouldn't it be better to find a way to preserve them while keeping them on the cabinets? Or maybe it's just not possible.
  12. Will V.

No, they remained brown until production switched to silver cloth and black Tolex in '63/'64.
  13. Will V.

I agree. I've seen repaint jobs that were almost indistinguishable from original, but it seems likely a repaint would have been done in correct brown.
  14. Will V.

Would you leave neutral feedback in this instance?

Well, I guess I should have tried harder to contact the guy. I received an email from him this morning asking about the neutral feedback. He says he didn't receive my email, and he apologized the amp wasn't in the stated condition, and he gave me a *full* refund, no strings attached. I didn't...
  15. Will V.

Want to see some expensive speakers?

Imagine asking them to audition some speakers that cost $5000. They'd be like, "oh, you want to listen to *those* speakers?"
  16. Will V.

Mesa Boogie tubes have been on the market a *long* time, at least 15-20 years.
  17. Will V.

I disagree, I think that's a brown faceplace. Sorry, but there were no Fender factory faceplates in black, in 1960. It just did not happen. This is a later re-paint, or a later factory replacement. In its present condition, I'd still say it's worth about $200.
  18. Will V.

The black faceplate is not right, especially for 1960. Is it really black, or does it just look that way in your photos?
  19. Will V.

Preserving papers

Has anyone taken steps to preserve the papers on the back of speakers? I have some rather mint large Advents that have the papers intact on the back, but if I actually use these speakers, which I do, they will probably be at risk. Is there a good way to preserve them?
  20. Will V.

Someone in Minnesota should do a local pickup on these Boston A150's

Um, I'm sorry? Are you giving me the thumbs down, or just the fact these are vinyl? I still think it's a pretty decent deal for refoamed A150's.
  21. Will V.

That grill cloth looks like it's from the silverface era- late 60's through 70's. Blackface cloth didn't have any blue/green in it. It's possible the faceplate is original, and if it is, it would be very uncommon. I think what's attached to the chassis looks basically sound, and probably...
  22. Will V.

I'm a little confused about this amp. It really should be in a combo (amp+speaker) cabinet configuration, so it has been put in a head cab either custom made, or made for another amp. I think some Fender amps used the same size chassis. I'm not finding any info on a 60's Vibrasonic made after...
  23. Will V.

Someone in Minnesota should do a local pickup on these Boston A150's

Ah, I didn't see these were vinyl, it looks so much like walnut. Still, it's a good deal, considering the woofers have new foam.
Back
Top Bottom