Search results

1. dr*audio

Laserology - CD Players and why they stop reading

What is the peak to peak amplitude of the eye pattern?
  2. dr*audio

Laserology - CD Players and why they stop reading

The problem is not dirt if you can watch the rf signal on an oscilloscope and it drops off as the CD plays. It's the laser. Cleaning is rarely the issue.
  3. dr*audio

Replace M5218P Op-amp with NJM5532? Yes, No?

In the meantime, go on Youtube and look at some "how to use an oscilloscope" tutorials, because you will need to use it.
  4. dr*audio

I haven't given up on this, I've been really busy. I promise to get back to it. I have a Denon receiver with the same amp circuit in it and I can use that to check voltages and try different opamps and see how it affects a working circuit. I want to try different opamps in mine anyway to improve...
  5. dr*audio

Troubleshooting CD Players

Also see if you can identify the reset line and look at it with a scope. Other things: Look at the output of the IR receiver with a scope. Tighten all screws on the pcb. They may be used to complete ground paths.
  6. dr*audio

I can't find the service manual either. You might have to buy it. Try www.servicemanuals.net
  7. dr*audio

I will try to review the above later today. Do you have an oscilloscope? The rising current when you touch the base of that transistor indicates oscillation. Don't do it again for now.
  8. dr*audio

Cadmium

Cadmium plating does have the gold tint with a rainbow finish. Most Japanese made audio equipment from the 1970's is cad plated. If you want to see if the plating is coming off, a standard test is to apply Scotch tape to it and pull it off. The plating should not flake off. If it does, that's bad.
  9. dr*audio

You are going in a million directions at once, you need to be more methodical and look at one thing at a time. If you see a voltage that is grossly off, that is an area to concentrate on. voltages that are off by mV aren't likely to be a problem. D506 and D507 should have +/- 15V on them as...
  10. dr*audio

Check the 5V supply with a scope. Look for ripple.
  11. dr*audio

Bingo!
  12. dr*audio

I hadn't heard of the LME49720. I looked at the data sheet, and yes, it will work fine. I would just use that, don't bother with the 5532.
  13. dr*audio

We are babysitting our grand daughter tomorrow and I don't know if I will have time to check this, so I wanted to tell you you can use a 5532 as a temporary replacement for either opamp, but if you find that that is the problem, order a couple LM4562 opamps in 8 pin dip package. They are...
  14. dr*audio

The diode below it is D527. Sorry, I was looking at it on my phone and had no way to open the schematic. Please test D527, TR551 and D509. On the schematic D509 looks like a LED..
  15. dr*audio

That cap is for stability. It rolls the opamp off at some frequency so it doesn't oscillate. It is configured for unity gain. The feedback comes from R536 and R562.
  16. dr*audio

I don't think there is a need for JFET input in this circuit, probably chosen for other reasons.
  17. dr*audio

Lots of information here to wade through. Are you sure you tested TR551? Please retest it using the Diode range on your meter with the power off. Also the diode right below it. I'll try to get back to this later.
  18. dr*audio

New from Ohio

Welcome! If you're on a budget, garage sales, Craigslist, flea markets, estate sales, and thrift stores are your best bet. If you want nice equipment that is already serviced and can pay more, Wooster Audio.
  19. dr*audio

DC voltage when turning on AU101 for a split second.

This amp has a coupling capacitor in series with the output so a turn on thump is normal as the cap charges.
  20. dr*audio

While I'm waiting for you to do the voltage checks, here is a primer on opamps: 1. An opamp is a device with a non inverting input and an inverting input. 2. If an opamp has no negative feedback around it, it will have extremely high gain. Theoretically it would have infinite gain but it's an...
  21. dr*audio

What voltage do you measure on TR509 and TR510, ECB?
  22. dr*audio

So to start out, have a look at the block diagram below. From this you can see that the opamps are used in the DC Servo and feedback circuits and not in the bias. A2 and A3 appear to be feedback as well. To be continued...
  23. dr*audio

I'll have a look at the schematic. I am not aware of Denon using an opamp in the biasing scheme. What I have seen is they use it as a voltage amp or feed forward. I have seen opamps used in a servo circuit to cancel DC. I bet that is what this is used for, and if so, a 5532 will work because...
  24. dr*audio

Revitalizing AK

I'm here every day, usually during lunch and dinner. I scan through the threads and chime in if one piques my interest or there haven't already been a whole bunch of good answers.
  25. dr*audio

Sony RT-33 power switch replacement

Oh, wow! That makes a difference.
Back
Top Bottom