Search results

1. dr*audio

Sony RT-33 power switch replacement

This should work: https://www.electronicsurplus.com/smk-tv-3-jp27-switch-p-b-spdt-latching
  2. dr*audio

Denon dr-m44hx Pinch Roller

That is good news. He must have made some new tooling since I asked a few years ago.
  3. dr*audio

Troubleshooting CD Players

Look at the focus out with a scope. If you don't see a rising and falling waveform, it isn't doing Focus Search, which means it hasn't loaded the disc completely. If you see focus search and the CD doesn't spin, the pickup is shot.
  4. dr*audio

Denon dr-m44hx Pinch Roller

Terry says he can't do cassette pinch rollers because the mandrill he would have to put it on is too thin.
  5. dr*audio

Sony CDP-200 Early CD Player

Yep, cracked gear = game over. Also this model has a laser that has long exceeded it's expected life and is not available. Look for players that use a Sony KSS-150A, KSS-210A, KSS-240, or KSS-213; all available. Here's a link to a crossreference by model number...
  6. dr*audio

I use white lithium grease with Teflon and it does not get gummy. Dupont makes it in an aerosol can. I spray it into a film canister and apply it from there. This is really thin grease. Perhaps you are thinking of the heavy stuff.
  7. dr*audio

Aging Receiver Question

I can't think of any failure in a receiver or amp that would cause the collapse of stereo information on Aux or Tape inputs. Keep in mind that different recordings have different stereo mixes and your classical station could have been playing an old mono recording. I wouldn't jump to any...
  8. dr*audio

Aging Receiver Question

I don't ship, though, so I only do repairs for locals in Cleveland.
  9. dr*audio

Sometimes there is a linkage that locks something else and it is gummed up. Until it can move out of the way, it will lock the drawer or whatever it is that doesn't move. That damn red grease gums up.
  10. dr*audio

Replacement part

I couldn't understand why they should be pricey. I don't know why but sometimes if you search for .01uF you don't get as many hits as you do if you search for 10,000pF, which is the same value. They should cross to the same thing but they don't...
  11. dr*audio

Replacement part

Just go to Digikey and type in .01uF 150V. 150V isn't really a standard value, but anything larger will work. 200V is more common. Select ceramic for type, and through hole for mounting, and I'm sure the original is a radial type. For the dielectric constant X5R or X7R.
  12. dr*audio

The grease inside has hardened. It needs to be cleaned out with alcohol and re-greased with light weight white lithium grease.
  13. dr*audio

Sx-850

I would say that if you don't hear the hum in normal use, it's a non - issue. Regarding the scope, look on youtube at the scope tutorials, that will be more useful than what I could describe in text. Additionally, the owner's manual of the scope will tell you how to use it. If you want more info...
  14. dr*audio

KR-9600 power switch swap?

It looks like you can mount a micro switch (now they call them snap switch) on the back. That's what looks to be on the original. Digikey sells snap switches.
  15. dr*audio

KR-9600 power switch swap?

Can you take a picture of the switch, in focus, showing the body of the switch and how it attaches inside the receiver? Maybe I can come up with a solution.
  16. dr*audio

Sx-850

All those voltages are good. I don't have a solution for the hum. Do you get it with the bottom panel installed?
  17. dr*audio

8080db/9090db Failure Rate??

I am not sure if the riveted feed thrus are a fix, because the problem is the interface between the feedthrus and the pads on the board; there is corrosion there and that causes the intermittent signal. That's why they have to be soldered on both sides. I haven't had to do a Dolby board in a few...
  18. dr*audio

RIP Terry DeWick

So sorry to hear this. I hope Terry enjoyed his retirement, but I wish he could have had more time. RIP, Terry.
  19. dr*audio

Audiokarma Member of the Year 2023

Congratulations, Heather!
  20. dr*audio

Onkyo Integra A-9711 Help

One section at a time. The silkscreen on the board should show you GSD. wear a grounded antistatic wrist strap.
  21. dr*audio

Onkyo Integra A-9711 Help

I think the jfet Q501 may be blown. Remove it and test with your tester.
  22. dr*audio

TP16 AntiSkate Too Weak

Maybe it's too crude but I have always just sighted straight at the cantilever from the front while playing a normal record and adjusted antiskate so the cantilever is perpendicular to the front of the cartridge.
  23. dr*audio

Sx-850

Buy this one. https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/onsemi/KSC2383YTA/1048940 I don't think the one in there is bad but you could test it.
  24. dr*audio

Sx-850

Don't use any American transistor, the basing is different. Let me look up the specs. Conflicting specs on the internet sites. I have the Japanese Transistor Manual.
  25. dr*audio

TP16 AntiSkate Too Weak

Is the platter level? The suspension could be out of adjustment even if the shelf the turntable sits on is level.
Back
Top Bottom