Search results

1. AAA3330

Terry Witt

I just got my pinch rollers for my Pioneer CT-F1250 cassette deck back from Terry. I know that this is an old thread but I wanted to leave him some positive feedback because he did a fabulous job on them. They both look and work like new and would highly recommend him to others.
  2. AAA3330

Thought that I'd reintroduce myself

It's been several years since I've posted due to illness. I'm doing much better now but still not quite like my usual self. I have schizophrenia and ended up in a nursing home in 2015 because of it. I crossed paths with some people that hurt me pretty badly which is why I pretty much keep to...
  3. AAA3330

When AK members - friends - silently disappear

Just came across this thread today. I haven't posed in quite some time but would like to let everyone know that I am still around. I have schizophrenia and ended up in a nursing home in 2015. I was fortunate enough to leave but almost lost everything that I have and had a pretty rough time...
  4. AAA3330

CL - Edison Diamond Disc 1920 Mahogany Phonograph

I got one a few years ago. The price is way too much. I paid $285 for mine. I have a Victrola as well. I think that the Edison sounds better.
  5. AAA3330

Dual 1019 Cartridge Alignment tool.

I just got my alignment tool today, but I don't know how to mount the cartridge to the tool. It doesn't come with any instructions and I didn't find much in the manuals.
  6. AAA3330

Dual 1019 Cartridge Alignment tool.

I just saw these on Ebay. I'd kind of been looking for one of these. Thought that some of you may be interested. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-1019-Turntable-Cartridge-Alignment-Overhang-Jig-Tool-/291243947507?pt=US_Record_Player_Turntable_Parts&hash=item43cf7df5f3#ht_0wt_0
  7. AAA3330

Shure M44 M-G

I just bought a turntable with this cartridge. I have and am familiar with the M44-7 but not the M-G cartridge. Is this just an earlier version or is there a difference between the two cartridges?
  8. AAA3330

My Yaqin MS-12B just died.

I found two fuses. They both check good. Thanks for your help.
  9. AAA3330

Thanks for responding. I didn't see anything that looked like a fuse. I took the bottom cover off, but I don't think that I would be able to remove the screws that hold the board in without stripping them. I went ahead and ordered a new one. Hopefully it will last longer than the first one did.
  10. AAA3330

I tried to open it up. I got the back off, but couldn't get past that. It looks to be well built, just not easy to service. It just died. No sound from either channel. The indicator bulbs aren't working either. I've had it for several years, so decided to buy another.
  11. AAA3330

Reel to Reel Frustrations

I remember quite some time ago that I bought some on ebay to replace the bad reels.
  12. AAA3330

Reel to Reel Frustrations

I've run into this same issue on some reels that I have. I don't think that it's all plastic reels, so perhaps if you tried some other plastic reels, they may be of better quality. The reels that I had the most trouble with were some tapes from Radio Shack. Perhaps you could find some on ebay...
  13. AAA3330

Old western reruns on tv

I've been watching old westerns myself. Along with Bonanza and Gunsmoke, I've been watching Wagon Train and Big Valley. I get them from a local station.
  14. AAA3330

Dual 1019

Was spinning some 45's on a Dual 1019 that I fixed up awhile back. I'm using a Stanton 500v3 and a Shure M44-7 and both work really nicely. I really like this turntable. The Stanton has been a really good choice as the styli are available for 78's and Lp's.
  15. AAA3330

Over the air TV - An antenna that truly works?

I have an outdoor antenna that I bought from Menards along with a rotator mounted to the side of my house and get stations 50 miles away pretty reliably, but the antenna has to be precisely aimed. I think that you would be very pleased with the results you can get with an outdoor antenna.
  16. AAA3330

Happy Birthday Kamakiri

Happy Birthday.:beerchug:
  17. AAA3330

Can your speakers handle The Dark Side Of The Moon?

When I was a kid, I blew out a tweeter on one of my speakers by playing "Dark side of the moon" too loud.
  18. AAA3330

Thanks for the kind words and support. It's been rough, but I'm still hanging in there. I have a history of Schizophrenia, but not sure if that is what my problem is as I always did very well on the medicine in the past, but over this last year I've been to see five different psychiatrists and...
  19. AAA3330

I doubt that anyone missed me. Unfortunately I've had mental problems for the last year and haven't been interested in much of anything including my music. I'm still around though. I recently renewed my membership and still read the posts from time to time.
  20. AAA3330

Normal vacuum cleaner to clean records!

I use a small shop vac with a cloth. Works great.:yes:
  21. AAA3330

Thank you!

I agree. I'm so much more enlightened than I would be without the forum.
  22. AAA3330

Akai AP-207 (Any Good?)

I don't know about the Realistic, but the AP-207 is a really nice and well built turntable. The AP-307 is basically the same with the addition of "quartz lock".
  23. AAA3330

CT-F1250 sound changes after a couple seconds

I wonder if perhaps the pinch rollers may be hardened from age. Mine are. If I treat them with rubber rejuvinator periodically it works fine. Otherwise the deck eats tapes due to the tape slipping off of the rollers. Terry (http://www.terrysrubberrollers.com/) can redo the rollers, but I...
  24. AAA3330

Dual 1019 Cueing Grease??

I've wondered about this as well. I put 500,000wt on mine and it drops so slow that the cueing is not useable.
  25. AAA3330

Zenith - I don't see these every day

Nice turntable. I really like those power meters also.
Back
Top Bottom