Search results

1. kirk57

Dreams.

Dreams can be pretty boring, too. I once had a dream that I went to the store and bought a can of tuna fish. That was the whole dream. Considering that dreams can be pretty much anything your brain can come up with, that seemed like a waste of perfectly good REM sleep to me.
  2. kirk57

Potpourri Of The Interesting Stuff

She wore it once 14 years ago and people have been talking about it ever since. Pretty good marketing in my book!
  3. kirk57

The Knife Thread.....

Can anybody tell me what this is? It says 'Hand Made High Carbon Stainless Steel' on one side of the blade, and 'Japan' on the other side. The sheath also says Japan on it and it has a slit for a belt so I'm assuming it's a hunting knife. Knife including handle is about 10" long. I've had...
  4. kirk57

Bridge collapse in Baltimore

yep. Can we just assume for the moment that all involved did the best they could to avoid this?
  5. kirk57

Cost to sell on eBay

Yeah but I don't want anybody coming to my house, and I'm not crazy about the idea of driving some miles to meet somebody who may or may not show up.
  6. kirk57

Cost to sell on eBay

All true but I actually enjoy making boxes and packing stuff. I have hundreds of things sitting around the house that I will never use, and Ebay makes it pretty easy to do. They do charge a premium, though. Gotta pay for all those eyeballs.
  7. kirk57

Dreams.

I've had hundreds if not thousands of dreams that I remember. I can recall dreams within dreams, and have consciously altered the outcome of my dreams on several occasions. I have a lot of fun when I sleep, more fun than in real life. Some anxiety, too. The good times, though, boy if I could...
  8. kirk57

Guess im the guy who brings this back up... (tubes sounding better)

Nobody provided that insight because there is no correlation.
  9. kirk57

Help! I need unobtanium DBX Soundfield SF-100 tweeters.

I'd start with Naptha (lighter fluid) which does not harm plastic. If that doesn't work, then try acetone, being careful to watch that it's not damaging the plastic. IME acetone doesn't harm most plastics.
  10. kirk57

Bridge collapse in Baltimore

I saw the video. That's the stuff of nightmares for some people.
  11. kirk57

Help! I need unobtanium DBX Soundfield SF-100 tweeters.

If you can take them apart, you may be able to find new diaphragms on Ebay. I've done this on some now-unobtainium Audax units and they work. No idea how they compare with the originals but they do tweet and are not annoying, so...
  12. kirk57

OK, so, this is at least TECHNICALLY inaccurate...

There may be a way to calculate those costs exactly. I once went through the exercise of figuring out the cost to leave my 200 wpc (Not Class A) amp on all the time. The answer was: very little.
  13. kirk57

OK, so, this is at least TECHNICALLY inaccurate...

I think that's a good feature: you can tell from across the room whether you remembered to turn it OFF.
  14. kirk57

Revitalizing AK

Somebody running this site surely knows if this is true.
  15. kirk57

WiiM WiFi Streamer

Did not know that. I will check it out, thanks!
  16. kirk57

Plant ID request

also: https://plantfinder.nativeplanttrust.org/Plant-Search
  17. kirk57

Linda's sticker shenanigans on her record collection...a poll

From what I can tell at least some of those are dance records, so my guess is Linda was a DJ. Years ago, if a DJ's records went missing said DJ had no gig.
  18. kirk57

Help from some Stanton experts, please

Sticker fell off, huh? I believe those numbers etched on the side are the secret decoder ring to identifying what you have there. Google Stanton 681 etching. Failing that the resistance and inductance of the coils should also help.
  19. kirk57

Random Thoughts or Whatever

Talk to someone under 30 about how they use Tik Tok. You will likely come away with a different impression. Hint: It's not intended to be used by old men (i.e. your typical AK member)
  20. kirk57

Ariston RD40 Motor

I second the idea of seeing if you can get the existing motor quiet again. I had a Systemdek (kind sorta similar to the Ariston) and the motor got noisy after 30 years. I took it apart (quite easy) cleaned out the old lube, put it new and it was once again silent. If you are up for some DIY...
  21. kirk57

Potpourri Of The Interesting Stuff

Whoever shot this has a nice selection of trains...
  22. kirk57

Vinyl or Shellac?

I think it's likely that a high percentage of the 78s that still survive today are vinyl, as a lot of the shellac ones have been broken by now.
  23. kirk57

Spring forward and start mowing

Yes. By the time I mow in June much of the grass is a foot tall. What’s interesting is all the pollinators that feed off these plants. I’ve counted 6 species of bees, most of the native ones so small that most people would not even recognize them as bees. These native species live in the...
  24. kirk57

Random Thoughts or Whatever

Traditional values tend to heavily favor those who established the traditions.
Back
Top Bottom