Search results

1. runningdog

4230 Made a problem / fixed it!

Awesome!
  2. runningdog

Marantz 2270 running...COLD???

I agree with Randy. The 2270 model runs cool. Unlike, say, a 2325.
  3. runningdog

Marantz 2230 balance potentiometer.

The 2230 uses the RM0254021 balance control. That's the Marantz part number. Several common models use the same balance control, increasing your chances of finding a salvage one. Here are the models using the same control: 1030 1060 2215 2220 2230 2245 2270 This information courtesy of @Steven...
  4. runningdog

Marantz 2230 balance potentiometer.

The 2230 uses a rotary control for the balance. http://www.classic-audio.com/marantz/2230.html
  5. runningdog

Marantz 1060 - Replacing the bulb

Excellent!
  6. runningdog

The LED lamps I've been using are 3mm in diameter and fit easily into the gasket. I use white glue to secure it while leaving open the possibility of removing it in the future.
  7. runningdog

I press out the bulb from the front using something that is about 4mm in diameter. In my case I have a punch that is 5/32" diameter and it works well. The first press breaks the bulb. The next press pushes the base out towards the back. The gasket is usually hardened and I've not had one...
  8. runningdog

Marantz 2325 strength meter problem

The 2325 P300 FM MPX board has an adjustment for the signal strength meter. It is for setting the meter so that a very strong station just hits the red on the meter. This adjustment is not meant to try to make up for a weak signal reaching the meter. But you can try it and see. There is no...
  9. runningdog

Marantz 1060 right channel issue

Awesome!
  10. runningdog

Here's the picture with the arrows:
  11. runningdog

Thanks for the clear picture. It looks like solder joints may not be getting heated enough. There are several that look like the component lead was not hot enough for the solder to melt to it? The arrows on the picture are pointing to suspect solder joints. There is one with two arrows, this one...
  12. runningdog

Good work! I hate to ask for this, but a couple of clear pictures of the solder side of the preamplifier board? You know best whether there were any soldering issues as you went along. But another set of eyes might be good. :) What are you using to test the transistors you pulled out? I ask...
  13. runningdog

Question About A Couple of Marantz 1060s

Both are original. And both are in superb condition inside.
  14. runningdog

Heh. This is why I can never remember which side is the right/left channel. There is logic to it. When the amplifier is upside down, the left side of the board is on the right side of the chassis, when the chassis is not upside down.
  15. runningdog

Mmm. Here's a way with an ohmmeter. With the amplifier turned off, clip one lead to J406, the other lead to the inside contact on a Pre Out RCA jack. If no continuity, change to J405. One of them should show continuity.
  16. runningdog

It sounds like you can provide a 1K signal? You can apply it directly to the inputs on the preamplifier, first J401 and then J402. J403 is ground. See which speaker plays the tone. Note: you'll be bypassing the volume controls, so control the volume with your signal source.
  17. runningdog

We're assuming there are no soldering issues. No lifted traces etc. On that assumption, there is a reasonable likelihood one of the transistors is where the issue is. Without a scope or a tracker it's harder to isolate which one. I would be inclined to replace all four on the right channel side...
  18. runningdog

@Perkri I understand this would not explain just one channel sounding off. But let's see if there is any change in the sound after the caps are relocated?
  19. runningdog

Very clear, thanks. C414 and C415 are installed as the markings on the board indicate. But they need to be installed at an angle, sharing a hole with C410 and C411. The board layout in the service manual shows it. There is a trick to making the two leads fit. Bend one lead of both C411 and...
  20. runningdog

Could you provide some clear pictures of the component side of the preamp board? It won't hurt to have another set of eyes check it.
  21. runningdog

2250b main in power out rca housing broken

As @dankik mentions, some models have internal jumpers to connect the Pre Out to the Main In when nothing is plugged into them. Without the switches, external jumpers have to be plugged in. So it's nice to have ones with the switches. Many 22xx Pre In/Main Out jacks will physically fit your...
  22. runningdog

Need help with 1060

The two black leads twisted together connect the negative terminal of the cap to the negative R and L remote speaker terminal posts. So as you said, there are 5 connections to the negative terminal of the power cap.
  23. runningdog

Need help with 1060

This photo shows the leads connected to the 1060 power transformer. 1. A black lead connects the bridge rectifier to the negative terminal of the cap. 2. A red lead connects the bridge rectifier to the positive terminal of the cap. 3. A black lead connects the negative terminal of the cap to...
  24. runningdog

2235B Makes Loud Pop Sound at Switching Off

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/cornell-dubilier-electronics-cde/104M06QC100/2503688 or https://www.onlinecomponents.com/en/cornell-dubilier-mallory/104m06qc100-52533729.html or https://www.onlinecomponents.com/en/paktron/104m06qc100-54305196.html Some people use a 10 cent capacitor...
  25. runningdog

2245 Power Transformer

That's so awesome! Good to hear you got it installed and it is working correctly. And now you are prepared should ever move to , say, New Zealand.
Back
Top Bottom