Search results

1. T

Nakamichi TA Series (TA-3A, TA-2A) - Remotes Interchangeable?

My TA-3A receiver no longer puts out sound, guessing it's a power capacitor or whatever, probably as much to fix as a new (old) receiver (I'm no stereo technician), so looking at 2As and 3As and of course some don't have a remote. Will my 3A remote work with a 2A? Guessing it will but would...
  2. T

CHROMECAST AUDIO

Does anyone know what bitrate the paid Pandora stream is on CCA? From the web: "Pandora on the Web plays 64k AAC+ for free listeners and 192kbps for Pandora One subscribers. All in-home devices play 128kbps audio, and mobile devices receive a variety of different rates depending on the...
  3. T

Amazon Echo Dot

Interesting. Although I have definitely heard differences in other components such as CD players and receivers that are obvious even when not level matched. And of course streams with different bitrates (for example, Pandora obviously sounds worse through the CCA than Spotify due to the 64 kbps...
  4. T

Amazon Echo Dot

To answer my own question, I found one guy on AVS who compared the Dot and Chromecast Audio and finds the CCA much better. (Would still be interested in another opinion.) http://www.avsforum.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=48494913 "I fell in love with the original Amazon Echo in my...
  5. T

Amazon Echo Dot

Can anyone comment on the Spotify sound quality between the Dot and the Chromecast Audio when hooked up to a stereo system? (I know that the Dot is analog only and I don't have an external DAC anyway so I am interested in the sound of each of them connected directly to a stereo input.) I know...
  6. T

Luxman R-117, Remote Volume Buttons Turn Unit Off And On - ???

Is that possible? Wouldn't it have to be the same exact size with the same connection? And if it were possible, would that likely solve the problem of the unit turning off and on, or might that be from something beyond the actual sensor? Incidentally I found a listing for an R-117 where it...
  7. T

That is a different jack, which is an output. There is also one for a "Remote/Multi Room Sensor". Provided I can even find a compatible sensor I'm thinking this may work, unless it ties into whatever is not working with the built-in sensor.
  8. T

If tightening the screws doesn't work (I will try it and appreciate the advice but I have a feeling the problem is in the remote sensor system itself), I noticed there is an input jack on the back labeled EXT REMOTE SENSOR. Would I be able to connect an external sensor to control the unit? If...
  9. T

Finally may have some time to deal with this. Do I need to remove the cover on the receiver, or just look for any screws that I can see on the outside of the receiver?
  10. T

The lighting was not a factor, unfortunately. Last night multiple buttons were causing it to turn off and on, again. To be clear, it does not happen by itself at random, but (sometimes) when I press buttons on the remote. I'll try opening the cover and tightening any screws I see, if I have a...
  11. T

Thanks. If I can't find another solution I will do this. Would seem odd since the receiver has not been moved since I hooked it up a few years ago.
  12. T

Thanks for the reply. When it happens, it happens with the both the programmed universal and the original remote (therefore, I don't think batteries will have an effect but I can check just in case). I use the receiver for both TV audio and music. A new twist: Now sometimes ANY button on the...
  13. T

I love this receiver but lately when I use the volume on the remote, the receiver will turn off and then on. Very aggravating. It started happening once it a while but now happens most of the time. Anyone have any ideas on what this could be?? Remote capability is a must for me. With this...
  14. T

Difference between these older Sony CDPs: CDP-CA70ES and CDP-CA80ES?

Think I found my answer. http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/34146/ca70es-and-denon-3801-analog-or-digital "The main differences between the two: the 80ES has seperate power transformers for analog/digital circuits the 80ES has an aluminum as opposed to ABS front panel on the CA70ES...
  15. T

Check the last sentence of the first paragraph in my my recent post above. :cool: I've been seriously considering a Bifrost. Part of me is just curious to compare a decent older changer to the new one for the heck of it. But, if the Sony gives similar performance to the 333 I may not need...
  16. T

I like changers but want one that works well and sounds good. I just snagged a 70ES for fairly cheap. Looks pretty beat up but is claimed to work. My SCD-C333ES stopped working recently and I replaced it with a new Yamaha CD-C600 but something seems missing with the sound compared to the 333, so...
  17. T

Does anyone know the difference between these 5-disc carousel players from the late 90s/early 2000s? They look the same from what I can see online, and I checked the manuals online and they each have identical (and very good) specs, and a list of CDP DACs and transports that I found lists the...
  18. T

Yamaha cd-c600 or Marantz c4003? Any opinions?

Bumping this just in case anyone has experience with both, since I am considering these same two players. Mainly concerned with sound quality, reliability, and speed of loading (for random play). I like the USB option on the Yamaha (even it is not implemented perfectly since it doesn't...
  19. T

Luxman R-115 cutting out intermittently - possible causes? $$$?

My R-115 has started coming on in only one channel once in a while, and now sometimes it happens with both channels not coming on. I can turn it off and on again and both channels will eventually come on, but today it took about 15 tries, which is more than it has taken before. (They both came...
  20. T

When Do SS Components Degrade?

Does anyone have an idea of ballpark cost for having a shop recap a SS receiver (say, ohhh, a NAD 7400 or Luxman R-115 :D)?
  21. T

Differences Between CD Players?

I know there are differences in CD players just by messing around with one - by changing the filter setting on my 333ES I can hear a difference, so if different players were to have different filters... For an extreme example, when that player was in the shop I had to use a the line out of a...
  22. T

Amplifier Selector

Unfortunately I have no advice for the OP but I may just pick up one of these just to compare my two recievers! I'd probably only use it for that and likely tough to resell but what the hell!
  23. T

does anyone here like the yamaha "loudness" control?

I forgot about the loudness knob on the Yamaha RX-495 that I had for a short period of time years ago. I liked it. As I recall you were supposed to set the volume at the max listening level and then use the loudness knob as the volume control. I also like the idea of variable loudness that...
  24. T

Luxman R115

Thanks. Found out about both through this site. They were e-pay finds as opposed to thrift store steals, but still for a total of $250 for both (incl shipping) I think they would be tough to beat for anywhere near the price. Looks like those Avid 102a's I snagged are pretty rare, too. I plan...
Back
Top Bottom