Search results

1. drillert450

Metal Oxide resistor over carbon in tube audio.... Any preferences???

I'm in the process of piecing together a list of parts for a project and am wondering if there would be any advantages in substituting the carbon resistors on my list with metal oxide. I've read a few article describing the noise levels involved with carbon resistors and from the info I've been...
  2. drillert450

I need help finding capacitors...

Hey all.... Well its 30 below here in Alaska right now... too cold to work. So I've finally got time to start on a project I've had in mind for a while.. My problem is I can't seem to find some Capacitors I've been looking for.. Actually I've only found one out of the twelve I need. One of...
  3. drillert450

Resistor Help..... Carbon film or Carbon Composistion

I'm getting ready to start a project amp and am in the process of ordering some parts. The schematics I'm going off of call for Carbon resistors but I'm not sure If they are calling for Carbon Film or Carbon Composition. Is there a difference or is it even important. Thanks in advance for any...
  4. drillert450

I May have spent too much but I don't care.

I've been looking to buy a nice Marantz amp now for a while but there just aren't any ever for sale in my area. Well today I found one.... a very nice 1060 for sale a few hours away so I got it... I found it on craigslist and it was listed for $195. It might be a little much but thats OK...
  5. drillert450

Bose Wave Radio.... What do you think??

I was listening to the radio at work the other day and I heard a commercial for the Bose Wave Radio. I'm sure everyone knows the Bose Wave Radio Claim that their product can replace your large component system.... Get that big Stereo sound in a little countertop Radio. Its been a while since...
  6. drillert450

Garage Sale Score...

Ok I know I've just posted a thread claiming I don't toot my own horn to often, but I'm left with little choice after todays find. Again this was discovered by my girlfriend. We have a Pioneer Spec 1 Preamplifier, A Pioneer RG-2 Dynamic processor, and A Pioneer SR-303 Reverberation...
  7. drillert450

$24 garage sale oscilloscope

I don't get on here to often and toot my own horn, but I thought this was a pretty cool find... My girlfriend stopped by a garage sale a few days ago, and knowing I like anything dealing with electronics I can play with she picked up a box with a whole bunch of parts simply labeled...
  8. drillert450

Riddle...... What gets wetter the more it dries??

The other forums are kinda slow so I figured I put up a simple riddle..... Sometimes I get these right away and sometimes I don't I can't believe I didn't. I'll post the answer If someone doesn't get it in the next few hours
  9. drillert450

Does anyone know where I can find MCS parts????

Hey all.. I've just picked up two MCS components, and am having a hard time finding parts for them. All I really need are the volume and balance pots for a 3845 integrated amp and an output level knob for a 3710 Tuner. I've searched several sites and Ebay for a while now with no luck, so...
  10. drillert450

MCS Meters... Need a little help

I've recently picked up a few MCS components ( I love these things ). I have a 3710 tuner and a 3845 integrated amplifier. Both of them were in need of cleaning which has been taken care of. My problem is that the signal meters on the tuner and the power meters on the amp aren't working...
  11. drillert450

Best looking Amplifier - Your pick??

Performance aside.. What Amp Integrated or Not in your opinion Is most Visually stunning??? I think my favorite based on its looks will have to be the Technics SE-A7000. It's just got a really Warm and classy look to it. Some of the other Models of course are black...... I wouldn't even...
  12. drillert450

Conventional and Electric flow - in schematics

I've been reading a few sites and have ran into Conventional and Electric flow, which I see discussed here from time to time. What I'm wondering is, When I'm reading a schematic and I see the symbol for a diode or a transistor, are the arrows in those symbols actually pointing in the direction...
  13. drillert450

Anyone know of a really good Electronics Text Book??

The internet is full of information but I still think you can't do better than a Good Book when you really want to learn something. I've spent countless hours gathering information on Electronic principles I can use to educate myself in Stero repair, while very helpful it hasn't been thorough...
  14. drillert450

Looking for a Variable Power Supply

I'm looking on Ebay for a Power Supply to run some test with. I will be using it for learning purposes but in the future I would like to use it on Amplifiers and other components.. Could anyone tell me what I should be looking for in a Voltage range. Any help would be very much appreciated...
  15. drillert450

What are the leading reasons Output Transistors Blow.

I'm working on a sansui au-4040 amplifier. When I picked it up the right output transistors were blown. I've just put in a new pair, and when I fired it up I blew out my power supply fuse. I can't find and shematics on this model, and I'm not really an expert so without the numbers I'm kind...
  16. drillert450

Are Benchtop Multimeters better??

I have a pretty nice handhelp multimeter I use for testing submersable pumps, and AC electrical ciruits in houses. Are the benchtop models more accurate, or are there any advantages to them, or is the handheld just fine for testing stereo equipment. I've been noticing these bench tops on Ebay...
  17. drillert450

B&K Tube tester on Ebay. Looks nice

I've been looking for a transistor tester on Ebay. Came across this Tube tester and thought maybe someone would be interested, I don't know much about Tube audio so I hope it worth posting this thread. Looks pretty cool to me...
  18. drillert450

Nooo!!!! Just lost on Ebay.

I just screwed up a bid on the Onkyo P-306RS preamplifer I've been looking for, for the last 4 months!!! Winning bidder got away with it for $130, not bad at all in my book, considering people have been paying as much as $350 for them. I think I'll go crawl into bed and sulk for a while. :tears:
  19. drillert450

Oscilliscope - What do I need?

I've been looking through ebay for Oscilliscopes, I'm shopping in the dark here. I'm in the process of educating myself in Stero repair, it's something I find fun and relaxing. I need an oscilliscope, but what do I need? I've also noticed that these things range in price from $75 to...
  20. drillert450

Alaska is a STATE. Why won't people ship here?

Is there anyone out there who can tell me why so many sellers on E-bay act like I live on the moon. I've been trying for a couple of months to buy a preamp, but a good majority of sellers will not ship to Alaska. Is there something suspicious about these sellers, or is it just to hard to...
  21. drillert450

How Many Systems in your House??

I'm just curious.... How many rooms in your house currently have a sound system in them. I've just finished off my office with a small sansui au-4400, with a pioneer tuner, got my computer hooked into the auxillary so I can really enjoy internet radio, as well as my songlist. Of course every...
  22. drillert450

Finding Transistor Matches

I was looking through some old threads in search of advise on matching an Output transistor that is no longer manufactured. Found this link to a site I found very helpful. Hopefully it can help some others out there too. http://nte01.nteinc.com/nte/NTExRefSemiProd.nsf/$$Search?OpenForm
  23. drillert450

sansui output transistor, where can I find just one.

I have a Sansui Au-4400 with a blown output transistor part number is 2sc1444. Can anyone tell me where I can pick up a few of these? The only places I can find are wholesalers who require a minimum order amount of $25. Thank for any help Jason
  24. drillert450

Pioneer SX-1010 $37. Any thoughts?

I just picked up a Pioneer SX-1010 Amp from a local shop. Cosmetically it needs a little help, but it powers up and everything works so far. I'm no expert so I was wondering if this thing deserves an overhaul or should it spend the rest of its days in my garage? The photo attached is the...
  25. drillert450

Pioneer SX-1010 $37. Good deal? Good amp?

I just picked up a pioneer SX-1010 from a local shop for $37. Cosmetically it needs a little help, But it powers up and functions so far. I'm no expert so I was wondering if anyone had any opinions regarding this unit. Is it something deserving an overhaul or should it spend the remainder of...
Back
Top Bottom