Search results

1. Alan NY

ADS Dude

Thanks
  2. Alan NY

ADS Dude

I need ads speaker repair. Cant remember his name. How can I reach him? Thanks, Alan
  3. Alan NY

Bozak Speakers, Concert series, in great condition and is $1800 a good deal?

In general Bozaks are big, and hard to sell, so this price is way high. I have a couple pairs. There is a very active Bozak Group. Some of the original design engineers are still around to explain the company history and mission. Its been a few years since I followed it regularly, but I...
  4. Alan NY

Which Cassette Deck?

Good choice. Looks alot like its Toscam brother. I need to get mine fixed.
  5. Alan NY

Integrated Amps

Integrated pics[ Edited to remove duplicate pictures.
  6. Alan NY

Integrated Amps

Kenwood 501-A Cleaned controls and everything works. Pioneer 8500. Everything but the power lighted worked when it hit the shelf, but now it powers up, and protection relays click in but no output. Power end works good when connected to a preamp. The internals look good, no noticable cap...
  7. Alan NY

Need to re subscribe and hit bartertown.

Need to re subscribe and hit bartertown.
  8. Alan NY

Sorting through the collection from stuff I accumulated 10 years ago.

Sorting through the collection from stuff I accumulated 10 years ago.
  9. Alan NY

Where have all the yammys monsters gone?

Marantz, Pioneer, and Sansuis everywhere. 3020s nowhere. Alan
  10. Alan NY

Yamaha CR2020

That there is why I resubscribed. I have a CR 2020 that has been a problem child. Time to get busy. thanks avionic Alan
  11. Alan NY

Taking the plunge today. give me your best, sarcastic, backwards a$$ advice for a lon

For a happy marriage Throw the wedding cake away. Proven to kill sex drive. They are not always right. Just tread very carefully Otherwise 33 great years. :beerchug:
  12. Alan NY

Is Your Collection Getting Darker As In BPC?

silver is way down There is much less good silver stuff to be found. I have an in at a couple of wealthy town transfer stations. It was great when HD was the rage, and they junked the old stuff. I am really disappointed in the quality of their junk these days. High end CD & DVD stuff, but...
  13. Alan NY

My Favorite Pink Floyd Song

That is a tough call. Floyd has so many great songs, but the one that really gets me there is Us and Them. Shine on You Crazy Diamond is a close second.
  14. Alan NY

will fans help with the yamaha R-9 in class A?

It gets hot I have had an R-9 for the last few years. I had some componants fail running at moderate levels in Class A, and had it repaired. My tech comented that it gets real hot in A. Anything that you do to keep it cool can only help. I really like the reciever, and it gets daily use...
  15. Alan NY

Vendor for restored/serviced vintage gear?

need serviced used goods 1) Subscribe to Audio Karma 2) Frequent Barter Town 3) Buy Serviced Used Gear Like most of us here I have somehow managed to accumulate quite a pile of gear. Some of us fix up gear and move it along regularly, some of us fix it up enough to use for a while...
  16. Alan NY

Marantz 2252B

Enough is enough. I have to get this little guy off of the bench. I pulled it out of the scrap box a couple of years ago. I had to wire around the switch to test it out. DC offset is real good. The Tuner and Phono Input Sections are sweet. Sounds real nice with a pair of re-crossed Bozak...
  17. Alan NY

Best back then....

The holy grail For me back in the 70s was Klipschhorns.
  18. Alan NY

Is it just me, or our we never content?

humbled up I was out of line. Sorry, Lou.
  19. Alan NY

Is it just me, or our we never content?

wtf? I hope that is a joke, cause otherwise it is way out of line! There is much more to the original question than just gear or music.
  20. Alan NY

N.E. Winter Doldrums Fest

got it Thanks Frank & Doug. What time is everyone/anyone planning to get there?
  21. Alan NY

N.E. Winter Doldrums Fest

when & where Need some more info for us outta-townies. Alan
  22. Alan NY

What Vintage Receiver to Get?

the point is moot The kids or crackheads that are most likely to steal it don't know or care if its mac or ratshack. Its all just a couple of hits, if they get to it, its gone. Any thrifter 30 wpc will do. If it gets jacked just get another. I'de sure be more worried about the Athenas...
  23. Alan NY

Cartridge break-in

just a thought Seems like every time I swap companants, cartridges, amps, speakers whatever, they don't sound right. After listening a while they just sound more natural. In my case, I think that my ears and expectations adjusting is at least as big a factor as warm up or break in of equipment.
  24. Alan NY

ok, I give up

twisted? I don't fully understand. Like cross over left/right, or just twist the wires around to partially rotate on the pins?
  25. Alan NY

ok, I give up

thanks guys I found the hum problem was caused by a couple of small wires from the ground side of the cable had gone astray and gotten too close to the positive solid wire. Cleaned up the job and the hum is gone. The ATL150 still hums through one channel, and the Grado hums when it gets set...
Back
Top Bottom