Search results

1. jberger

Anyone in the Albuquerque area?

Waking up this thread for 2024. Recently retired and moved from Long Beach CA to Albuquerque, in Uptown. Still getting settled in and set up.
  2. jberger

Heads-up sale thread - EstateSales and such

Home of the Collin Street Bakery, makers of the best fruitcake on the planet!
  3. jberger

Long Beach CA Infinity speakers with electrostatic tweeters, Dual & PF turntables, Yamaha electronics, early Pioneer receiver, JBL speakers

I know that neighborhood; lawyers and doctors and old money. Somebody will narc to the HOA, no doubt.
  4. jberger

Realistic Electrostatic speakers?

I wouldn't be surprised to see these used the same electrostatic drivers as the JansZens and RTRs of the era.
  5. jberger

Value of NOS Open Box Dual 1229?

It wouldn't have been subject to any wear, but the lubricants would still be aging and stiffening, so it would probably need a clean and relube.
  6. jberger

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

I curb-scored a pair of HPM-1500s once, where the mouse went in thru the port, and chewed his way out thru the carbon-fiber woofer cone. At least I was able to salvage the super-tweeters.
  7. jberger

Those would be great surround or Atmos speakers. They throw a very open image when put on a stand.
  8. jberger

Altec Model 19

Plus, of course, the transportation costs.
  9. jberger

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

A beautiful HH Scott LT-152B broadcast monitor tuner, and some records. Ran into @Rmac587 too!
  10. jberger

Are these white van clones of Bose 901`s ?

They stopped making them about a year ago. In my opinion they were killed by home theater receivers that do not have a tape monitor loop, so there is no place to plug in the EQ. If you have a separate power amp, you can still use them by putting the equalizer in line between the preamp and power amp
  11. jberger

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Loving this movie poster!
  12. jberger

Are these white van clones of Bose 901`s ?

I wonder how those would fare with a modern DSP added in place of the EQ.
  13. jberger

What's your latest audio purchase?

A pair of bullnose Large Advents from a large auction. Needs surrounds as expected, and some peeling veneer and a deep scratch on one top, but the tweeters work and the grills and faces look nice, and I paid more for the hamburgers I bought afterward, so I’m happy. Should have bought a second...
  14. jberger

Got a pair of Large Advents; cabinets a bit rough, and needs refoaming, but the price was right.
  15. jberger

As I recall, it's ten easily-accessed caps.
  16. jberger

Craigslist: Portland, OR

Haflers are really easy to work on, and all discrete, and there are lots of mods for them.
  17. jberger

Garden Grove CA tube trove Fisher Scott Sherwood Dyna

1. Was this an AK'er? Some of the pieces look familiar. 2. Was this an April 1 sale listing? :)
  18. jberger

DCM Time Window Speakers - What are they worth today

Scammer or jerk? Wow. Maybe he sold them to somebody else with fewer contingencies. Good luck with the hunt!
  19. jberger

Heads-up sale thread - EstateSales and such

That looks like a Heathkit AD-1013 scope/tone generator. Handy little bench unit for the kit builder of the day.
  20. jberger

Harbor City, CA McIntosh MR 78 Audio Research Tannoy Tandberg Nakamichi

In another photo they positioned the headphones near the adapter, so I think they know they belong together.
  21. jberger

Sansui G-22000 Amp Only

Don't these use a huge multi-pin connector to connect the tuner/preamp section to the power amp? I'd see this as a huge time and money sink unless you get both parts.
  22. jberger

I forgot that RCA had the Dimensia line....
  23. jberger

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

The Bass Gang. Five a capella basses.
  24. jberger

Today's Coolest Song In The World

OK, I cannot stop playing this amazing cover of Tears For Fears’ “Mad World" by the Bass Gang and Elliott Robinson. This is what the human voice can do. A capella bass singers who can hit a Bb1! Amazing head tones! Stellar production and dynamics. Listen all the way through without...
Back
Top Bottom