Search results

1. stratmel

Recommend a Preamp, please

My son just acquired a gorgeous B&K Reference 125.2 and is looking for a compatible pre. The B&K preamps (5s2 and PT5) are very nice, but do not have phono in, which he needs. Of course an outboard phono stage would work, but is an added expense. His budget is in the 300-400 range. Do any of...
  2. stratmel

Liquidating a 45rpm Record Collection

I want to liquidate a collection of approximately 2,000 45's. Any advice or ideas on how to efficiently accomplish this would be appreciated. I realize I won't be able to get near what they're worth, but that's ok to a reasonable extent. I have cleaned, listened to and posted a few on discogs...
  3. stratmel

Help with a dust cover on a Beogram 1700

I cannot figure out how this goes back together. I have thoroughly searched here, Beoworld, youtube , Google, and even the Steve Hoffman forums with no luck. I have the service manual which shows a diagram of the parts, but not specifically how the metal spring fits between the back of the...
  4. stratmel

Need some playlist help

Hey guys, I need some help making a playlist for a wedding shower. I need about 2-3 hours worth of music I'll burn to cds in mp3. The theme is sweets, sugar & candy. The lady is 27 yrs. and marrying my nephew, so my sisters and in-law women are throwing this shower for her at our annual family...
  5. stratmel

DCM TF350 help

I have a pair of these, but one of the tweeters is totally trashed. It is a Vifa D19TD-07. There's a guy on the bay selling a Vifa D19TD-05-08. It looks correct, but I was wondering if any of you Time Frame guys would know for sure. It doesn't seem like one would cover 4 different models of...
  6. stratmel

Which Cartridge for a GA212?

Bonehead move by me bent the stylus on my AT 440MLa. It's mounted on a Philips 212. I have a Shure M97xe and a Digitrac 200NE. Both are brand new. I also have an old but functional Ortofon OM body for use with the Digitrac stylus, if necessary. I only have one headshell for the 212, so which...
  7. stratmel

Playoff Football(s)

Here's a cool youtube on how they make footballs. It's a babefest:D http://www.reliableplant.com/View/21492/how-wilson-manufactures-nfl-game-footballs Enjoy the music, -Mark
  8. stratmel

Soundcraftsmen 3000A

Hi guys, Got a line on a Soundcraftsmen 3000A receiver. Anyone have one of these? This one looks like a nice little receiver, but has one weak channel. I don't know what the problem is, maybe just a cap. I didn't know Soundcraftsmen even made a receiver until I saw this one, and there...
  9. stratmel

Help - Philips GA-212 & Petra cables

Hi, guys, I'm attempting to replace the old L & R cables on my 212 with the Petra Video cables. This is my 1st try at any kind of a TT mod, and I've made a mess of it. These cables are so stiff that I have broken the little plastic sleeves for the metal pieces that connect the tonearm wires...
  10. stratmel

Vandersteen Model 1

I have a line on a pair of Vandersteen Model 1's. Not B's or C's. They are great looking, but I can't find much at all researching. Any of you guys have these? I 'd appreciate hearing what you think of them. The 'Gon & audioasylum guys say hold out for Model 2's in any of the...
  11. stratmel

Baby Room System

I'd like some opinions on a baby room setup. I'm gonna be a grandpa by autumn and would like to set up a small vintage system in our house in the baby room. The room is small (13x11), no carpet and stucco walls. One large window with a lighter density curtain. There'll be a crib, changing...
  12. stratmel

Sacramento Classic Rock Swap Meet

Just a heads up - There's a classic rock swap meet at R5 Records (16th & Broadway-original Tower Records store) in Sacramento on Saturday the 18th. Starts at 9AM. Here's a link for details: http://www.eagle969.com/Eagle-Swap-Meet-at-R5/4152372 I'm planning to be there early, so if any...
  13. stratmel

Menage 'a Trois

Found a terrific red wine - made by Folie a' Deux in Napa. It's a meritage - blend of Zinfandel, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon. I don't know if it's distributed nationally, but give it a try if you like reds. Slightly sweet, nice for just hanging out and sharing with friends or with just about...
  14. stratmel

HT speaker help

I'm trying to set up a HT system using vintage speakers, and would really appreciate any observations, comments or suggestions you guys may have. I have a nice core setup with a Denon 988, a Sony Bravia 37" LCD and a Sony BDP, all connected via HDMI. I also have a B&O TT hooked up. Currently...
  15. stratmel

Noise Cancelling headphones

Hi guys, was just wondering if anyone has tried the Dynaco DHS-1 headphones. I'm looking for cans my better half can pack easily and use on a plane. She spends some serious flying time and generally just grabs the crummy airline junk. She isn't as critical in her listening habits as I am, but...
  16. stratmel

Upgrade?

I have a chance at this on the bay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270234435100&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017 Do you guys think this would be an upgrade to an HK Cit 11-12 setup into a pair of refoamed and (soon to be) recapped Large Advent V2's, sourced with a...
  17. stratmel

Hi, I'm Mark from Sacramento

Hey guys, just wanted to say hello to eveyone, and thank the moderators for a great site. I've been into stereo gear since the 60's,when I bought a Sansui 2000A, a Dual 1019 and a pair of AR 4ax's, then started collecting records. My sister still has this system, and it's working great to...
Back
Top Bottom