Search results

1. Tinkerbelle

Changing profile info ...

Please don't create a new account. Per AK rules: Only one account per user. If you have an account problem, contact an administrator. Thank you.
  2. Tinkerbelle

Audiokarma Member of the Year 2023

WooHoo, congratulations, Heather!! Thank you for all you do to make Audiokarma the fun place we can all share and enjoy. Thank you and congratulations to all the other deserving nominees listed above.
  3. Tinkerbelle

RIP Terry DeWick

Rest in peace, Terry, and thank you for all your kindness and contributions. You will be missed.
  4. Tinkerbelle

Spring Peekskill, Blue Mtn. Lodge Meet. Saturday June 15th!

I usually try to make these, assuming the date aligns.
  5. Tinkerbelle

Tutorial: Tube amp build with layout steps and adoption of PCB circuit to point-to-point wiring?

It's threads like this that will help them to learn and maybe get interested to try. :thumbsup:
  6. Tinkerbelle

how to subscribe

Admin @Wardsweb has provided a Subscribe link under the Forums navigation bar. He also added a Subscribe link into the "Audiokarma Related Forums and Links" section in the middle of the forum list.
  7. Tinkerbelle

Rectifier for this RCA EL84 amp console pull?

From the transformer layout, possibly RS193
  8. Tinkerbelle

Rectifier for this RCA EL84 amp console pull?

I had an RCA SE similar to this that used a 5Y3 but not sure it's the same one. What's the chassis number to the right of 62122: RS1xxE?
  9. Tinkerbelle

Zenith console help!

Yes, from the pics and documents that's a transistor amp/preamp with a tube tuner. So, it's your choice of SS or Tubes forum depending on what issues you need help with. You say that the issues are the same with either tuner input or phono input, which might imply that the main signal loss...
  10. Tinkerbelle

EL84 reviews? What do you guys like?

Also, there's a .pdf datasheet posted in this thread post.
  11. Tinkerbelle

Is a VOM model 812 a good one to gut from a bad cab?

It should be good when updated, is relatively easy to work on plus a good layout for making stand-alone; has push-pull 6V6 OP tubes and decent OP transformers, so probably 12W or so. I had a similar EL84/6BQ5 version console that I enjoyed. If needed, looks like the schematic is in this thread...
  12. Tinkerbelle

Motorola HS-778, best place to find schematic with parts list

Try Radiomuseum: https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/motorola_sk35wsk_35_ch_hs_776_hs.html Scroll down a little to the Schematics tab
  13. Tinkerbelle

My New Fisher 500c Project

That looks like it will clean up well. Good luck with the restore and hopefully rewarded with years of enjoyment. Is your tech doing the restore or just the check up with you doing the restore?
  14. Tinkerbelle

Fisher 700T or Marantz 2230 Receiver

I've owned and enjoyed both. For collectability, both have their following. As mentioned above, it comes down to personal preference on aesthetics and sound - the sonics part you just really have to taste and try in your system and with your music choices. Functionally they both provide much of...
  15. Tinkerbelle

Is there some kind of table that shows synonymous names for TUBES?

Another useful resource is the tdsl.duncanamps site. Use the search function for the tube you're interested in and it provides the basic data, identical, close or different rating types along with links to their respective data sheets.
  16. Tinkerbelle

Pilot 610

I believe that has 6GW8/ECL86, combo Triode/w/Pentode output tubes, which has a similar sound to the well liked EL84/6BQ5 tube but a little less power. I had a similar Pilot console receiver, which was enjoyable on quality efficient speakers. Cost and other considerations: Is it in known...
  17. Tinkerbelle

Dave's G's well spoken info.

Untapped Potential: Heath's W-5M
  18. Tinkerbelle

Fisher TA-600 Enclosure

I had a TA-600 with a nice wood cabinet. I think it might have originally been a Marantz receiver cabinet though, so could be worth checking the dimensions to see if that's an option for you.
  19. Tinkerbelle

Requesting Input from Forum Members After 2023 Update

As mentioned, the Advanced search does allow you to specify the forum on that second tab, i.e., your current forum can be selected in the "Search in forums" box, which is equivalent to providing the "This Forum" option. Yes, the equivalent of "This thread" option is not in the advanced search...
  20. Tinkerbelle

Requesting Input from Forum Members After 2023 Update

As luvvinvinyl said, the Advanced search has multiple more search pages/tabs with added search field options. The search pages/tabs: Search everything Additional options for Newer than / Older than dates Additional option to search either by Relevance or by Date Search threads Added options...
  21. Tinkerbelle

Albany NY

Glenn is member @GD70 . The last meet was in May, thread here. Have you tried Hudson Valley HiFi in Cornwall NY? (No personal affiliation - they are a previous AK sponsor).
  22. Tinkerbelle

Cheap tube preamp

I would think you might get a console tube preamp with volume & tone controls.
  23. Tinkerbelle

Member Nelson Calvo has passed

Condolences, prayers and deepest sympathy for his family, friends and all who knew and loved him. Rest sweetly in peace, Nelson Calvo. We will look to add his memory to AudioKarma's Memorial Wall thread.
  24. Tinkerbelle

Looking for reliable shop to fix SX780

Another option might be Hudson Valley HiFi in Cornwall, NY. I have no affiliation with them.
  25. Tinkerbelle

where is my banner ad????????

Thank you, Ernie. Yes, similar to the screenshot djnagle posted in #7 above.
Back
Top Bottom