Search results

1. d-roby

AVID thread

Hello everyone, i am restoring a couple of Avid Model 130. Of course woofers needed to be re-foamed, but also one of the tweteer was dead:(. I repared it, but there was another problem. The coil is cooled with ferrofluid: first i filled with about 0.25 ml of liquid, but the impedence curve...
  2. d-roby

Servicing a SONY DAT machine (Pictorial)

If i reduce the "torque" with the trimmer, the tit-tic is less frequent , or disappear, but ,of course, the speed of rewinding is low.... It is a pity, as record and playback is fine.( i tested again).and the sound is very good, too
  3. d-roby

I checked the reels , brakes and clutch..everything seems to be fine.. But the problem is still present: expecialy in rewind, the tape, as you suspected, is trembling, and i think the tic-tic is a solenoid,.. may be like a fast "start and stop" that of course change the speed of the tape...
  4. d-roby

Thank you, but i would like to fix it ;-) i noticed that the right reel turned by hand has a little friction ( and it should be correct) but the left one turns freely.. Brakes?
  5. d-roby

yes.. but i was talking about dismanting if i want to investigate the problem.. i suppose brakes. or .there is a "clutch" inside the reels, right? Or some point that need lubrification (what kind of lubrificant? very small quantity of lithium grease or what? (generally speaking)?
  6. d-roby

Many thanks..i will take a look i suppose i will have to dismant the whole mechanics.. ;-)
  7. d-roby

Thank you.. so ..do you think it is a problem of FWD back tension adjustment? (on the side of the mechanics)
  8. d-roby

Hello... thank you VERY much for detailled explanations.. I have a 59ES DAT that had some transport problems...it was very slow and sometimes it stopped.. then i took it apart and i changed the spooling motor. I checked the old one an it was not ok, very low power Replacement motor is...
  9. d-roby

HELP needed with Teac X-1000R

Hello.. Did you check the capstain belt...? If the problem is the belt, replace it only with a genuine teac one.
  10. d-roby

Looking at Tascam 34B, good buy?

Hello.. Still interested..:thmbsp:
  11. d-roby

Teac x1000 Sound issues poor Hi frequency response (please read)

Right!.. so, it is probably that the heads are magnetized.. you should get a de-magnetizer, it is a very useful tool for RTR.. You should buy one specific for RTR, the little ones for cassette recorders are not good
  12. d-roby

Teac x1000 Sound issues poor Hi frequency response (please read)

If the heads are worn out, well you should realize that.. Can you post a pic of the heads? If are not worn out (and if a month ago the recorder worked fine the heads should be ok), they could be magnetized
  13. d-roby

Sendust Heads

Are you talking about Akai "GX" heads? Thanks
  14. d-roby

Panasonic v 3700 - dat recorder player

I agree 100% !!!!!
  15. d-roby

Fostex dat - help !!!

I am sorry.. i cannot help you.. i am not sure that the D5 has separate playback and record heads... i hope you will fix the problem
  16. d-roby

Fostex dat - help !!!

Wich model of Fostex Dat ?
  17. d-roby

How many members use reel to reel decks here ?

Hey! What a beautiful decks!!!
  18. d-roby

Ciao Marco ho letto il tuo post sul 112 Io ho un 122 MKIII che mi ha dato un amico in prova...

Ciao Marco ho letto il tuo post sul 112 Io ho un 122 MKIII che mi ha dato un amico in prova. Putroppo ha le testine ossidate, quindi devo valutare se prenderlo e sostituire le testine (il resto e' perfettissimo, non riesco a capire come possa essere successo) Per quel che sapevo io, Tascam...
  19. d-roby

New to R2R

Congratulations! I have a Tascam 34B and they are very good machines! you should use channel 1 and 3, so you will have the compatibilty with consumer 2 tracks RTR
  20. d-roby

New to R2R

I have a Tascam 34B (4 tracks) and it is really good However i have also a simple Akai GX-215D and i can recommend it as "starter" RTR.. If well calibrated, the sound is surprisingly good
  21. d-roby

i subscribed to the mailing list, and i receive e-mails.. but i am not able to post.. Do you know why? Thanks Roberto
  22. d-roby

D5 is similar to Tascam D20 and to a Pioneer model (i cannot remember the exact name) Same machines, exchangeable parts, Fostex added XRL in/out. Wellcome in the "Dat owner's club", Dat is a grat format, wonderful sound. Back-up from vinyls are fantastic I have a Fostex D-20B and a sony...
  23. d-roby

Do you clean sealed records before playing?

I agree!!
  24. d-roby

AKAI GX-630DB wrong output values

Bias settings may be a cause.., as you are getting lower output at high frequency.. and may be a slight difference in output settings for the left channel. If you have the service manuale and some instruments (an oscilloscope-but you can use also the v-meters) you can check.. In order to...
  25. d-roby

How many members use reel to reel decks here ?

I have a tascam 34B, an Akai GX215-D and a Sony Tc-377.. I use them, mostly the Akai and the Tascam. The Sony 377 is nice looking deck, but the sound is not so excellent (it is aligned and calibrated , like the others..) It is due to the age of the project, i suppose. But i want to investigate...
Back
Top Bottom