Search results

1. udors

10 hours later, a "new" SX-1250 emerges

Scratches I'd call the scratches "patina" and brag about them. :D
  2. udors

SX-950 Relay issue

Do not remove wires from pins Do not try to untwist the wires from the circuit board pins. You'll never get them wound on again. Carefully move the circuit boards away from the chassis, moving and relocating the various wires. It's easier to do than to describe. If a wire totally prevents you...
  3. udors

Made in Poland circa 1978????

Audio Lab AL-60 Here's the link to a thread I started asking about some Polish speakers I picked up. I have refoamed them and they are now part of the collection. Sound great. http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=161585&highlight=udors
  4. udors

Pioneer Tuning Fork Service Guide

Please, more. They are going into my Audio Library and Reference Data
  5. udors

9090 overhaul

I ran into similar questions when recapping my Pioneer SX-1250. The small colored balls mounted where the schematic shows a electrolytic capacitor are tantalum capacitors. If you inspect them with a magnifying glass you should be able to see polarity marked with a "+" on one leg. Replace them...
  6. udors

pioneer sx-1980 mica insulators!

I was able to get mica insulators from Mouser when I refurbished my SX-1250. Worth a try.
  7. udors

Pictures Of Our Motorcycles-2009

1967 tr6c Thought you'd get a giggle from this one. Restored her a few years ago. Yes, she gets exercised often.
  8. udors

Pioneer SA-8800ii recap

I recommend that when you order the caps you also get a couple of rolls of fluxed desoldering braid. For me it works much better than a desoldering iron or other suction device.
  9. udors

SX-1250 DC off-set & volume

Hey Mark. Again, you nailed it. On the flat amp, C-27+ side there was a break in the foil. Hard to see because it's right under some wires. A drop of solder across the break and the problems are gone. DC offset is now L 6.5mV, R 8.0mV, both sides steady, no noise, equal sound at both speakers...
  10. udors

Good Morning Mark, Thanks for the reply. I'll follow your suggestions tonight and post the results. Things are making more sense now. Udo
  11. udors

I started over Wasn't getting anywhere on this, so I decided to start over. I didn't do a good evaluation of problems before re-capping, (me bad, broke #1 rule), so am now assuming problems were already there. First, figured out that by pressing down on protection relay I was actually...
  12. udors

I verified polarity of all the caps, cleaned up a solder repair where the solder pad had come off the foil. Still same problem on DC-offset wandering. While poking around I got the rushing noise in the left channel to stop by putting pressure on the protection relay. So, cleaned the contacts...
  13. udors

Got to looking/testing further. Noticed another symptom I had failed to mention. The problem channel (left) is emitting a constant "rushing" sound out of the left speaker. The sound is there no matter what position ANY of the controls are set. The volume (medium intensity) does not change with...
  14. udors

Thanks Mark. Got a heavy schedule at the shop today. I'll get back to this tonight or over the weekend. Udo
  15. udors

Hey Mark. I crossed the pre-amp to amp with some RCA cables. The problem moved to the right channel. Slightly lower volume right speaker, left off set 6.8 mV steady, right off set wandering.
  16. udors

I finally finished recapping my SX-1250 and now seem to have a little problem. The left channel plays at about 3/4 of the volume compared to the right channel. This happens with the balance set in the middle, any of the speaker outputs, middle volume. The quality of the sound is good, just lower...
  17. udors

SX-1250 original caps??

The originals are 2" (50mm), both Nichicon and Xicon are 32mm. The leads on either should be ok. This Mouser catalog is a wealth of information. Use it with their web site info and you can learn most anything about their parts. Thanks, Udo
  18. udors

SX-1250 original caps??

I already have the Nichicon UPW's for those positions, so I'll use them. Check on polarity. Question - what advantage/disadvantage using film caps over high temp electrolytics when replacing the tantalums? Looking at the power supply board (the one with the fuses, under the chassis) I find...
  19. udors

SX-1250 original caps??

Thank you EW. I was hoping you'd say that.
  20. udors

SX-1250 original caps??

Non-electrolytic variations?? Now working on the AWG-042 and AWG-041 boards that contain various switches and potentiometers. I'm running across ceramic type (tear drop shaped) non-polarized capacitors where the service manual calls for electrolytics. On the AWG-041A board C-44, C-4 and C-2 are...
  21. udors

Picked up some New Large Advents

Had the same happen to me. When I looked at them at the seller's place they sounded and felt good, but a few minutes of playing at home and the woofer foam was gone. I refoamed and recapped them and now they sing, driven by a Sansui 9090DB.
  22. udors

SX-1250 original caps??

Some food for thought here. I checked the caps I have against the various data sheets and think I'm OK. Mostly Nichicon UPW, UKT UPM. All low impedance with a wide temperature range. Thank you, Udo
  23. udors

SX-1250 original caps??

I've reworked an SX-850 and an SX-1010 and have found both to have all black Nippon original caps on the various boards. Now I'm in the middle of recapping my SX-1250 and am running into some variations. On the AWE-068 tuner and the AWE-021 equilizer I'm finding mostly black Nippon caps, but...
  24. udors

SX-1250 AWM-091 transistors

Hello Mark, Was hoping you'd see this. Got a few of these last order, so I'm set. Just wanted to be sure to not screw this project up. Thank you, Udo
  25. udors

SX-1250 AWM-091 transistors

I'm refurbishing a SX-1250 and wish to confirm the proper transistor replacements on the AWM-091 protection board. The service manual specifies Q4 is a 2SC945A-Q (2SC1647-P) and Q5 is a 2SC1166-Y (2SC1384-Q). From an old posting by Mark, I find: " There would be a few more parts for beefing...
Back
Top Bottom