Search results

1. Bradrock

AT150mlx vs/ AT-vm760slc?

It will be a few more weeks. We have a small old house & burn wood all winter. The dry air, static & dust puts the turntable on vacation. We run humidifiers, but still I can see dust landing on the LP's right while I'm trying to clean them! I also have to move my speakers away from the prime...
  2. Bradrock

Denon cartridge alignment jig question

When those jigs do come up on ebay, they have been selling for $70.00 & up. I spend money foolishly often. But I have not been able to pull the trigger on that little piece of plastic...........................yet............
  3. Bradrock

Threaded cartridge screw holes, Proof the screws should go in from the top.

When cutting bolts I like to put on TWO nuts first. Then I can tighten/lock them together making a guide for the cutting wheel at correct length.
  4. Bradrock

Why is only choice Zerostat?

Yep; By all rights, the Zstadt should cost less than a nice grill lighter. Right?? Heh..Heh
  5. Bradrock

Why is only choice Zerostat?

I have looked at a DIY unit on Youtube. He converts a $25.00 piezo gun for lighting gas grills. Not many details.......but I may give it a shot. We heat with wood & I have issues with both static & dust. Even with two large humidifiers going. Search for DIY anti static gun or some such.
  6. Bradrock

I can't buy a 'Best Tractor' for my DP59L. Why?

Thank you. I have a couple protractors now. I wanted to buy what other folks thought was the 'Best' on the market. Heh...Heh
  7. Bradrock

The Dr. Feickert protractor has an extension arm with scale ,to measure the tonearm pivot to spindle distance. It's used to set up non 'built in' tonearms. I have a 'built in' tonearm & being Mr. Thrifty, hate to pay for 'functions' I don't need. I researched set up protractors for some time &...
  8. Bradrock

I recently went through the order process & received a very short reply. " I can't make one for your TT" I asked why & never heard back. I'm just curious to know why. I guess I'll buy the Dr. Feickert now. I was avoiding that only because at this time I have no use for the pivot to spindle...
  9. Bradrock

Cartridge joy from the Mailman today!

I'm referring to the ATN-150MLX stylus at LP ear.
  10. Bradrock

Sellers handle is blowitouttahere ( sp?) They have other AT carts, but all at the common prices. Odd thing was as the 'number available' went down down down, the number 'sold' was lower. I wondered if their employees were grabbing them up.
  11. Bradrock

I wonder how many replacement stylus LP Gear has sold for $600.00? AT's bean counters might notice things like that. That Boron cantilever scares the crap out of me! I can't even see it's there without my cheaters on! I thought the stone was missing until I put on my 7x Optivisors .
  12. Bradrock

High gain opamp based preamp for low output MC cartridges.

If the outlet you use for your system is on an exterior wall, you could drive an 8' ground rod in as close as possible outside & run a copper ground wire to the outlet. If your in a strict code area maybe not. Just a thought. I've done it here. But we have no codes, permits or inspections.
  13. Bradrock

Discwasher " propaganda " ?

I have a 99 also & I think it is one of the nicest driving cars ever made. I'm 64 and have owned quite a variety over the years. 62Caddy has rolling museum pieces. Stunning beauty. I've been using the mofi flat brushes & I slowly slide them out to the edge since I can't roll them. I swear I can...
  14. Bradrock

"What year of Caddy, Bradrock?" 77 Coupe
  15. Bradrock

To finish with the Discwasher, do you roll & lift ? Or slide it outward until off the record? I've used one since the seventies & still don't really know the correct method. I have Mofi brushes also & they are flat. So I slowly slide it outward while spinning the platter.
  16. Bradrock

GAS gets instantly deflated

I showed my wife the carts first & then the mega buck power cords.
  17. Bradrock

I was suspect of the deal until I actually opened the box and confirmed it had a cantilever! Heh...Heh By then they were long gone. I'd hate to lead my brothers & sisters into a scam. I also have the impression that ebay links are a NO NO here? Because if not, there is another seller with silly...
  18. Bradrock

One of the big ebay sellers had 10 of them listed for $240.00 & they went real quick.
  19. Bradrock

I spent several weeks searching high & low waiting for the right price to come along. And yes, I feel I was very lucky price wise on both of them. I feel like I stole the 33EV. But I'm good with that! Heh...Heh The MLX is practically a unicorn these days it seems.
  20. Bradrock

I'm saving these until I gain some more experience with set up. I just buy what I can when I can. And the when I can is not very often! Heh....Heh
  21. Bradrock

Mobile Fidelity Record Cleaning Brush Opinions?

I use two of them. One just for final dust off & one for wet clean. Then I use my vinyl vac tube to clean them off.
  22. Bradrock

Just retipped the original stylus on my vintage Grado

This is something I'd like to play around with. I see at least one of the re-tippers on the bay offers to install NEW Boron cantilevers. I've been trying to find a retail source for new cantilevers & stones with no luck. Must be somewhat of a trade secret or I'm just not searching the correct...
  23. Bradrock

High gain opamp based preamp for low output MC cartridges.

I bought my boards for a cold dark days of winter project. I'll be ordering the components soon. I just bought my first MC cart to try with this pre. An AT33EV. My Classe' DR5 preamp is supposed to have a very nice MC section according to Harry Pearsons review. So It should be a fun comparison...
  24. Bradrock

I've had great luck with several Japan vendors. I just received a rare Gary Moore album from Tokyo in 5 days! A recent LP purchase from Ebay seller 'moviemars' took FOUR WEEKS! And they are just across the river from Mo. I was a bit nervous at first. But now I really like buying from Japan...
  25. Bradrock

I know. They are all in my cart! Heh..Heh I have at least 2 Ebay pages up around the clock, as I sit here monitoring my wife. I don't think I miss much. The nicer Denon headshells are about the same price as those sweet looking Yammamoto sp? wood headshells. I guess I'll get some of both when...
Back
Top Bottom