Search results

1. Scott W

Sta-84

Here's a little background on it if you are interested http://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/catalog_directory.html This is also a nice reference site if you are looking for info on other models.
  2. Scott W

What's your latest audio purchase?

Almost forgot about these Pioneer SX-1000TW ($25) & Polk Audio R-50's ($75). Both were same day garage sale finds about a month ago :yes:
  3. Scott W

Fosgate Audionics FAP-T1 Preamp/Processor. I haven't tried "everthing" with it yet, but I'm very pleased so far. These are the original pics from the CL ad, I'll do my own in better lighting later.
  4. Scott W

Anyone recognize this Magnavox console?

I just recently got a free "Astro Sonic" from a co-worker. I too, was hoping it would be a tube stereo, but it was not. The cabinet is a different front style, but the front speaker placement, receiver and cabinet size are almost identical to the pics posted by the other member here. Hope that helps
  5. Scott W

Anybody using gear 30+ years old that hasn't been restored?

Pioneer SX1000TW that I bought from the original owner a few months ago. As far as I can tell everything works perfectly even though they we first sold in the late 60s. Beautiful sounding old receiver, but I couldn't see myself spending possibly hundreds to have it restored after having only...
  6. Scott W

To the Technics bashers...

Great post, I own both the Realistic STA 2300 & 2000D and love them. The 2300 is on par with Pioneer SX 1050 or 1080 or even Marantz 2325 which I have owned and done a side by side with.
  7. Scott W

Out of control stereo

Laughing my freakin ass off
  8. Scott W

This is my system. What is the "weak link"?

I'm a little disappointed in some of the newer klipsch, it's why I suggested these 8os-90s models, plenty of oomph
  9. Scott W

Really bad or embarrassing albums you actually secretely love

Lots Kenny G, Mariah Cary, Vanessa Williams, Celine Dion. Hey if it sounds great on my system(s) It's gonna get some play time.I burn my own discs of favorite tracks and you will find a few by those artists, I rarely like "every" song on even some of my favorite artists albums.
  10. Scott W

This is my system. What is the "weak link"?

If budget is still an issue I'd personally suggest some used Klipsch, I've owned several pair of the less expensive models and believe they can be a very good deal.In my area there are usually lots on craigslist.I like the KG series myself KG3.5, 3.2, 4s, 4.2 all can be found for $200 or...
  11. Scott W

The End of AudioKarma

Funny (odd) The guy who speaks of your generalizations has a few of his own :thumbsdn: Enjoy the hobby & ignore the negative BS
  12. Scott W

It was a trade actually Traded some Bose 901s series V for Klipsch KG 4s.I've owned two pair of the KG4s in the past so I knew who was getting the better part of the deal :music:
  13. Scott W

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Mix of smooth jazz On a Realistic STA 2300 driving Klipsch KG5.5s
  14. Scott W

awesome speakers!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
  15. Scott W

Hi-end Finds in MA

New, unopened in the box? I see that too often on CL, Why would someone spend $1500 on speakers, never open them & take a $500 loss :screwy:
  16. Scott W

Drugs are bad. Mkay? Infinity RSM's

Woofers or passive radiators? Those look an awful lot like passives from some Polks :scratch2:
  17. Scott W

Realistic Optimus t-100

You can have mine for free :) That's what I paid for them.Best part though was the Realistic SA 1001 integrated & TM 1001 tuner that came free too, from a garage sale where they just wanted them gone.Guy said the amp didn't work, well he was half right (one channel).Amaziing what some contact...
  18. Scott W

Pro Audio gear, what are you using?

2 Yamaha P2500S power amps For Magnepan SMGAs & MMGs
  19. Scott W

Denon AVR-3805 - good deal?

Provided it works properly I'd jump on it for that price myself.I have an AVR 3300 that works great as a preamp.I'm not really a home theater guy but a lot of these models have 2 & 5 and even 7 channel stereo.No remote would be a bummer because as some one else mentioned, so many of the set-up...
  20. Scott W

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Almost 10 year old thread, how cool is that Realistic STA 2300, must have been at least 15 years ago I bought it for $50 at Goodwill.I've cleaned the controls half a dozen times since but she's still working great, not even a bulb out :thmbsp:
  21. Scott W

Back in rotation...Fluroscan gear...

Nice Rack :) I'm jealous of all those purdy blue lights :yes:
  22. Scott W

Have you ever feel you were done ?

Or 3 or 4 I'm poor,I can't afford better than the best that I have BUT I can afford more :yes: I usually keep 3 systems hooked up and even the lesser price/quality gear gets listened to on a regular basis :music:
  23. Scott W

The mother load of Pioneer Cassette decks!!

I feel a relapse coming on, probably tomorrow:yes:
  24. Scott W

Pioneer cs-99a

Wow, that's high Saw 2 pair near me on CL a little over a year ago for $225 each pair.I bought some 77As last year for $60.Not sure how much better the 99As sound but I felt like I paid only a fair price based on how they sound to me.Love the cabinets though.
  25. Scott W

Pioneer SX980-Might Pull The Trigger For $300

If the cosmetics are decent and EVERYTHING functions normal it will be worth it to me.Now that we have that part out of the way :) What are some of your opinions on the price.
Back
Top Bottom