Search results

1. samosui

Dirty contacts on B-2 speaker on/off switch?

On order from Mouser. Thanks again to the both of you!
  2. samosui

I don’t follow. Will also PM you on a topic related to my experimenting.
  3. samosui

Agreed. I’ll order two. Thanks much. I took your advice this morning and after only getting either the R or L channel working (using speaker A terminals) I decided to try one additional thing. With the R channel working, I put the balance control on the preamp all the way to “L”, and then...
  4. samosui

I can probably handle replacement, if that’s what you’re suggesting, rottalpha.
  5. samosui

It’s puzzling (to me). I moved the speaker wires from the speaker A terminals to the speaker B terminals and the behavior was different. The R channel would play more often when changing the position of the speaker on/off button from off to on. While playing, sometimes the sound would drop out...
  6. samosui

I haven’t used my B-2 power amp in several years and am now experiencing issues getting output to the speakers. Turning the switch to the off position works as designed. Turning it to the on position usually does nothing. Repeating the on/off cycle multiple times will sometimes case the L...
  7. samosui

CX-1000 button replacement

Thanks, John. Sounds like a good solution.
  8. samosui

I’m guessing that it’s flat. Never seen a power button that wasn’t already attached and in place. The measurements I made were on a button “cover” that was still attached to the power button on my CX-1000. I did see a detached iinput select button cover off of a CX-2000 though. It was flat.
  9. samosui

25mm x 9mm Or approximately 31/32 x 3/8 (inches) as best as I can tell. How many can you make?
  10. samosui

Any chance that once set up for printing they can print a few? If so, that would be great. Which button(s) are you needing? I can get you l x w dimensions but will estimate the thickness. Will that work? To measure the thickness accurately one would have to remove an existing button. The glue...
  11. samosui

A Sansui engineer's account of Sansui history and a continuation of Sansui's legacy

pete_mac ..... thank you for posting the info that you came across over at Facebook.
  12. samosui

CX-2000 owners

I used Elmer’s white glue to reattach my input select button cover. There was still some hard glue residue on both the plastic button front surface and the button cover and I chose to leave it there. Not sure if that was from the original assembly of the CX-2000 or a previous owner’s re-glueing...
  13. samosui

CX-2000 owners

I think I’ll be able to help. PM incoming.
  14. samosui

Why are there no review for Yamaha subs?

Very nice and congratulations! And shaking things up? I have a couple of the Soavo-900SW (connected to different systems) and it’s only got 60% of the power yours has. And they’re pretty good when it comes to volumetric efficiency ;)
  15. samosui

Yamaha preamp. Best choice?

Yes, that pretty much tells it like it is. And interpretation shouldn’t add color and should be faithful to what the source (and recording engineer and delivery) truly is. You mentioned control especially of the bass. Here’s another vote for the C-80 (an related models). It features ”parametric...
  16. samosui

Yamaha SPS-500 Stands for NS-1000M

Yes, welcome to AK, Carl. And thanks for the video link. Very interesting. Question to all: So decoupling the speakers from the floor, as Vint Age mentioned in his post, is a good thing? Or better or just different? Cheers, John
  17. samosui

‘70s vs ‘80s Yamaha

Those two sound as good as they look IMHO. Nice having a remote and meters large enough to see from across the room.
  18. samosui

Yamaha CX-1000U Preamp Refurbish Project

I was looking for one off and on for several years and would sometimes learn that one had sold for a great price. Oh well. Then there was one for sale in Canada and the seller wasn’t willing to ship. After a couple of months I couldn’t stand it anymore so I bought tickets and picked it up. It’s...
  19. samosui

Yamaha CX-1000U Preamp Refurbish Project

“CX-1000 in a pretty dress. CX-2000” Gorgeous. With pretty copper coated underwear too. If you have an MX-2000, it’s longing for a matching mate. The two belong together.
  20. samosui

Those rare outputs

One set still available (see re-listing).
  21. samosui

SL1200G incoming

Chris, congrats on your new TT. We’re all looking forward to your comparison. Cheers, John
  22. samosui

R.I.P. Casey Harrison aka nosirrah

Rest In Peace, Casey. And heartfelt condolences to Karen and family. Cheers, John "The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you." - Werner Heisenberg - Nobel Prize, Physics
  23. samosui

NS-1000 Speaker Stands

My favorites too, Vint Age. Plus, pretty difficult for the speakers to shake themselves free ;)
  24. samosui

Show us your cartridges and/or tonearms!

Beautiful SR-929 TT Cheers, John
Back
Top Bottom