Search results

1. 2uberoller

MCD301 vs. MCD500: to upgrade or not to upgrade - this is the q...

The MCD500 plays better SACD Redbook MCD500 and MDA1000 are about the same.
  2. 2uberoller

The McPub is open.

It's just that if you don't subscribe to the new forum ie no pay your posts are subject to a moderator and chat is limited . Pay money and you can chat without a moderator. Am I missing something ?
  3. 2uberoller

The McPub is open.

:screwy:
  4. 2uberoller

MA 7000 Review

The MA7000 is nice looking and is supposed to perform like a MC252/c46 :thmbsp: At $5000 which is closer to what this probably sells for it is no doubt the nicest integrated amp. or receiver. I would love to put some of those love handles on my MC252 :)
  5. 2uberoller

Music servers: MS300 & 750 vs Sonos, etc?

The MCD500 uses a ram buffer for cd playback, I assume it does for its DAC inputs as well.
  6. 2uberoller

Your wrong, what you are saying is just not true. The airport express does not do the same thing for $300 less; about the only thing the airport express does is stream music from your itunes library. Go to http://sonos.com/howitworks/music/default.aspx and read.
  7. 2uberoller

McIntosh Integrated with Remote?

6900 has more power because of the autoformers. MA6500 is 120 watts at 8 ohms and 200 watts at 4 ohms. The MA6900 is 200 watts period. When you change the impedance on the 6500 without autoformers, the available power changes. Get the amp with autoformers as the price difference is not...
  8. 2uberoller

New MX 150...Will it used advanced video scaling?

My $300 sony blu ray player using the optical output to my surround sound receiver sounds excellant. It is amazing how good the picture and sound quality is even on a inexpensive blu ray player for watching movies and concerts.
  9. 2uberoller

A computer + sonos or network hard drive + sonos = Music Server:yes:
  10. 2uberoller

MCD500 initial impressions

Are you talking about me or you :D
  11. 2uberoller

MCD-201 vs. MVP-861

The short answer to your question is get the MVP861 not the MCD201. The MVP861 also plays multichannel or 2 channel DVD audio, DVD, DIVX, DVDr, DVDrw, CDr, Cdrw, mulitchannel SACD or 2 channel SACD etc. I had to make the same decision last year. I could have purchased either the MCD201 or...
  12. 2uberoller

I seek advice from the McIntosh Masters!!

Sonus Faber speakers do not require much power. Mine are 91 db at 1 watt. I have a MC252 and rarely go over 25 watts.
  13. 2uberoller

McIntosh Integrated with Remote?

6900 or you will be saying to yourself later, why didn't I .....
  14. 2uberoller

McIntosh vs Linn Warranty

That' because most rich guys that have them only keep them for 24 months:D
  15. 2uberoller

New MX 150...Will it used advanced video scaling?

Mcintosh is a great audio company. Video is obviously a after thought, which is why they still have no blu ray player, no video movie server, no hi end scaler in the MX150. What is the difference between the MX150 and MX136 ? ? I bet a hi end denon HD receiver used as just a surround...
  16. 2uberoller

I don't know where you came up with the sonos not sounding good ? I am using the digital out on the sonos going to the DAC input on my MCD500 and playing music from network hard drive wireless through the sonos sounds every bit as good as the original cd. The sonos also has a host of features...
  17. 2uberoller

Are C220 and C2300 any better than c46?

i think the point of a pre amp is not to color the sound unless you use the tone controls to correct for a problem with the recording.
  18. 2uberoller

McCrack ... I can't turn the darn thing off

That is like saying a women is a little pregnant.
  19. 2uberoller

666th Post and a big Thank You to AudioKarma

Nice system. You have been on Ak 4 years and have not lost interest, congrats on that. You need to start posting more and less lurking :)
  20. 2uberoller

Japanese technology withheld over the years

Sorry guys, I don't buy the iphone analogy. The iphone is the most advanced cell phone period. When you consider the touch screen, ease of use, all the applications for this phone and all the other built in features every cell phone company 2 years later has not been able to catch up with a...
  21. 2uberoller

Hard drive upgrade on MS300

I dont have a MS300 or MS750, I am not sure why Mcintosh would care if you wanted to upgrade the internal hard drive ? What is the difference whether you have a external hard drive running fireball software vs having a bigger internal hard drive ?
  22. 2uberoller

60th Anniversary set is home!

:worthlessCrack open that C22 box and snap a few pictures
  23. 2uberoller

Are C220 and C2300 any better than c46?

I have a feeling our sense of what sounds good are very simillar given the fact that we both like the sound of the C220/MC252 and Sonus Faber. However, I do not feel that I am lacking resolution or that my bass is not tight. It is actually quite the opposite especially with the MCD500...
  24. 2uberoller

McCrack ... I can't turn the darn thing off

Look on the positive side, being addicted to listening to your system is a lot more manageable and less expensive than having the other disease you coined...."the Lu Flu". It is time for your next publication on management of the upgrade bug. Fortunately for you Alberto your addiction to...
  25. 2uberoller

What was the system you saw or heard that got you hooked on being a audiophile?

I had a citation 21 pre amp and 22 amp. for 20 years. Just replaced it last year with my present set up. Fortunately for my wallet, my case is much less severe :D My father planted the audiophile bug in me. In the 1960's he had a tube setup, I believe it was Sherwood and Dual turntable...
Back
Top Bottom