Search results

1. jdwk

Painted McIntosh 2250?

doesn't look bad, not mine no affiliation etc...
  2. jdwk

a tale of two Technics Epa 250 arms ( a question)

there are two screws under the sticker on the bottom of the base, the sticker has to carefully be removed and you can take them out I believe, had to have that done to mine.
  3. jdwk

McIntosh C55 and C2800

even though I love the C 2300 compared to the c 50 , Some times on certain recordings, the bass is a little light, I have heard this criticism of telefunken tubes from some people , over all they are better than stock tubes, perhaps another tube might serve me better as I have only had originals...
  4. jdwk

McIntosh C55 and C2800

yeah they put the processor loop feature back in because of the new EQ they just launched (:
  5. jdwk

McIntosh C55 and C2800

lots of people, you can just not use ones you don't need, if you need them and they aren't there, there is no workaround for that
  6. jdwk

have you heard the legendary Telefunken 803s?

how does it fare when compared to standard NOS tele's? I've read somewhere that another tube manufacturer cloned it, if you have any experience with that, post it as well.
  7. jdwk

RIP Terry DeWick

he was the nicest repair guy I ever met. Always helpful, answered audio questions and chatted with me many times when he wasn't even working on a piece for me. As others have said a wealth of knowledge. I had over ten pieces of Mc gear serviced by him and a pioneer HR 100 (: R.I.P. the...
  8. jdwk

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

denon DL 103 is a conical stylus, I almost bought one, but according to the manual, the cart is too heavy for it. I realize this is a 1200 you are talking about, but I would suggest a an AT 33 SA. yes, it costs alot more, but on my SP 15, it sounds GREAT . I have heard a DL 103 on a Technics...
  9. jdwk

Post office Misconduct question relating to audio

They've been doing that for years, they have done this to me and I have witnessed it too. They know.
  10. jdwk

USPS delivery "mishap"

inside the post office.
  11. jdwk

USPS delivery "mishap"

I wouldn't doubt it, but I thought one of the rules would be "send it where it's addressed (:
  12. jdwk

USPS delivery "mishap"

I get what you mean, But if they really wanted to help me, they would have sent it where I asked them to....
  13. jdwk

USPS delivery "mishap"

so , Notice mishap is in quotes. I have the strangest mail mis delivery story EVER, I have NEVER heard of this happening. I order a lot of cd's from one particular seller on ebay, at times, almost weekly. My SO just got a PO box because we have had packages stolen. Last week I ordered one CD...
  14. jdwk

do you have either a Tascam 44 Reel deck, or a manual? I have a question I need to ask you.

I have an A 7300. I need rack ears for it. I have seen ATR 700 decks with rack ears. these ears look to be the same size as what might go on an A 7300. I either need you to measure the sides of the deck, or better yet look in your manual and tell me what it says the measurements of the deck are...
  15. jdwk

Happy Birthday jdwk!

never thought of it that way before, but.....I should have lol. thanks!
  16. jdwk

Happy Birthday jdwk!

thanks to all my fellow akers! you remembered!
  17. jdwk

List of AK'ers with a Technics SL1200/SL1210

Very Nice!
  18. jdwk

Just found out about fed ex and there new "Liability limits" For Ground shipments

Fed ex will only pay you $1000 dollars maximum if they break any electronic thing you send them REGARDLESS of its actual value. I cannot believe this is even allowed. Lucily I found out before I got ****ed by this new rule, but I am just surprised. thats even if it is in original packaging, so...
  19. jdwk

SONY TA-N77ES THAT GOOD???

they aren't bad, but I guarantee you McIntosh is better, remember people have paid 4K for a Pioneer SX 1980. Would you? also, sansui CA 3000 and BA 5000 go for McIntosh money now, and they need alot of work if not serviced and there is no company to back it up. Factors other than sound or...
  20. jdwk

Found a cool You Tube vid, sadly I cannot speak russian

if anyone knows anything about the subject of this video, looks like a lathe to me, but I am unsure of the model. i
  21. jdwk

C2300 tube rolling

so put in telefunkens......big improvements in the mids, it's very apparent to me. well worth the switch. Very worth the time, I love the c 2300 more now. yes the stock tubes do not sound bad, but the vintage ones are better, they just took it to a new level. you wanna know how to get the lid...
  22. jdwk

C2300 tube rolling

turns out there is a gasket that becomes glue after 10 years and prevents the cover from coming off. now to figure out how to loosen it some so as not to have to get a hernia puling on the lid.....check your c 2300's my fellow akers, you will have to replace a tube eventually.........if your...
  23. jdwk

C2300 tube rolling

not a bad idea........didn't think of that. thanks.
  24. jdwk

C2300 tube rolling

the lid on mine doesn't budge even with all the screws out, which I thought was odd, it just lifts off the c 50, I didnt want to stick a screwdriver in a crevice and risk scratching it. A fellow aker even lent me six tele's to try, but the lid doesn't move and I didn't want to spend three hours...
Back
Top Bottom