Search results

1. M

Denon DP-75/ Micro Seiki MA-505/ VPI HW-2 Plinth

If you followed Mr Pigs thread re his DP-75 that finally went home to Harry/VPI showroom you might be interested in this table. Spotted on the bay, local pickup in South Carolina which narrows the field of potential bidders. Only 400 of these sold by VPI, both a collectors item and table that...
  2. M

Who Are The Bell & Howell Of Audio Today?

Can anyone name some well known audio companies long out of business whos name was bought up or stolen and the present company is now offering far inferior audio products hoping that sales will be generated based solely on a familiar name. The original company mfg 35mm movie cameras for the...
  3. M

Victory At Sea

You'd never know it was Veterans Day reading all the threads/posts on AK/turntables, looking back the last 23 hours not a mention. I couldn't think of a better record album than Victory At Sea composed by Richard Rodgers on the RCA label to listen to in honor of our heroic Veterans.
  4. M

Atlanta CL

Spotted a TOTL Denon CD player, DCD-3520, seller asking $100, draw doesn't open, looks to me all it needs is a replacement belt and it should be good to go. If you get it check to see if the seller has the remote, manual etc. If I was close to Atlanta it would of been under my roof six days ago.
  5. M

Dust Magnet

As much as I tried my records have turned into a dust magnet. It must be global warming going on, it was 20 this am and probably warmer than many places in the northeast. The humidifier can't keep up with it and I'm not turning the heat down. FL sure looks mighty inviting, what's the...
  6. M

Grado Gold/8MZ

Just saw on AA Trader, owner probably didn't have enough hours on it to break in. No connection to seller, should sound very close to my 8MZ cartridge/stylus that's excellent. Tough to beat for $149.
  7. M

Grado 8MZ Cartridge

When I saw a Grado 8MZ cartridge with broken stylus today on Ebay listed only a couple hours before with four people watching already I knew that it would end up going over the BIN price or sold within the hour for the BIN price. I didn't hesitate, it was mine, next step is a new 8MZ stylus...
  8. M

Denon Turntable in Virginia

If it wasn't such a long ride I'd be on this one. Check US Audio Mart analog/turntables Denon DP-75 VPI plinth Magnepan Unitrac 1 tonearm with cartridge all for the princely sum of $575. This is a local pickup only in Virginia. Then Denon DP-75 motor unit alone is easly worth the price of...
  9. M

Getting Organized

Thanks to the generosity of Paul/thedelihaus I have two beautiful cartridge storage boxes for my spare cartridges/headshells. Paul is an excellent craftsman and he did a beautiful job of building these cartridge/headshell boxes and put the finishing touch on them with a custom name plate. Now I...
  10. M

Turntable

Anyone local to Northern Verginia and has $500 to spend on a turntable check Audio Asylum classifieds. Tough to beat combo of table/arm/cartridge.
  11. M

Who Won The SL-150Mk2?

Who was the winning bidder and paid $100 for the SL-150Mk2? Any idea what tonearm your going to install?
  12. M

Boston CL

CL Checking Boston CL electronics /vintage saw I nice looking pair of JBL L19 for $100, if within distance worth checking out. My pair from years ago are still going strong with my neice who lives on Nantucket.
  13. M

Grace F9 Replacement Stylus

SoundSmith Grace F9 replacement stylus recently became available, Peter has about a half dozen models ranging in price. JICO missed the boat on this one.
  14. M

The First JBL Monitor Blue?

I'm being a bit lazy and figure I'd ask when did JBL first introduce the monitors with the JBL blue baffleboard. These should of been the walnut veneer and blue grill cloth models. The monitors also came in industrial gray cabinets with black grill cloth.
  15. M

Technics SP-15

I recently purchased a SP-15 from AKs BT, the seller described the SP-15 as non functioning and the only sign of life was that it would power on. The turntable arrived very well packaged and I went to work cleaning the controls that were all jammed solid, the on/off/pitch-speed lock lever...
  16. M

johnt1969 Comes Thru Again

The SP-15 arrived today and it's in perfect shape due to Johns excellent+ packaging. The SP-15 was exactly as described and I couldn't be happier. If you see one of Johns items that your interested in purchasing don't hesitate, he's proved himself to be as good as it comes on AK.
  17. M

lwrs10 Great AK Seller

Purchased a vintage Sony Walkman and tickled pink with it. lwrs10 was a pleasure to deal with and I'll be back if he has any more goodies like the Walkman. Rich.
  18. M

AK Barter Town Sale by johnt1969

Purchased an AT ATP12T tonearm cable from John (johnt1969) and it was an excellent transaction. The cable was well packaged, shipped/received quickly and is in excellent condition as described/pictured. No hestitation in highly recommending John to other AK members. Rich (majick47).
  19. M

Just Shipped

Last week I shipped a big heavy amp weighing 62 lbs east to west coast. The final total weight was 82 lbs for the amp, innner and outer box, close to two sheets of 4'x8' 2" styrafoam for the outer box, styrafoam and bubble wrap for the inner box. The outer box was rated for 96 lbs and a few...
  20. M

Technics SP-25 Turntable

No connection with the seller but if anyone is interested there's a Technics SP-25 listed for sale on Audio Asylum in the classifieds. It's installed in a custom plinth and includes a tonearm. Looks like a good deal to me, check it out.
  21. M

Stanton 681SE Stylus Priceing

I'm wondering what a "fair" asking price would be for this OEM Stanton 681SE stylus that looks to be in unused condition. From info provided by AK members this was a desirable DJ stylus probably mfg in Plinview NY, it could also be used in broadcast applications. The 681SE stylus was installed...
  22. M

Stanton 681 Red Ball Stylus

Recently purchased a Audio Technics AT-H headshell with a Stanton 681 cartridge with serial number but no sticker. The black stylus assembly is marked Stanton with a ball in red, the Stanton lettering is also in red. I'm quite certain the stylus is OEM Stanton and probably a broadcast model but...
  23. M

Ak/la/ca

Any AK member in the Los Angeles CA area looking for a turntable and cartridge? Not mine or anyone I know but it might be worth a shot. PM me for info.
  24. M

AKs 1%

Reading a number of posts on AK one might get the impression that 99% of AK members turntables, cartridges etc are old, unloved rejects from thrift stores, curbside, dunpsters, attics, garages, basements purchased for $10 or less. Who's in the 1% that purchased a current/new turntable, cartridge...
  25. M

Jimmy Seville R.I.P.

Going thru todays obits I saw that Jimmy Seville has passed away at age 84. The name should ring a bell with our UK and EU members as a long time UK entertainer and disc jockey on radio Luxembourg. Jimmy claimed to be the first DJ in the world to use two turntables and pioneered the use of...
Back
Top Bottom