Search results

1. 2long4u

sx 3900 losing sound

I have a sx 3900 that is losing sound. When I power it up normally there is one click, then another click when the power comes on. I think this is a timer cap to make sure everything is up to the correct voltage before it allows it to fully come on. Now it will click and lose sound but the...
  2. 2long4u

Where to get a fine tip for my Weller soldering iron???

My local Fry's has them. I'm not sure, but I would think Radio Shack would have them too.
  3. 2long4u

What would be a good kit for Headphone Amp

I'm going to give this a shot. It will be my first time making a pcb out of copper clad, but the rest should be pretty easy. I'm going to stretch out some of the traces so I can fit heatsinks in there.
  4. 2long4u

best in-ears for $100 or less?

Okay these things sound sick. They don't feel really sturdy and I can't tell you how long they will last, but the sound quality is worth it. :music:
  5. 2long4u

I just pulled the trigger on these. http://www.sennheiserusa.com/over-ear-headphones-acoustic-headphones_504633
  6. 2long4u

My next headphones are going to be a nice set of circumaurals. Any recommendations? I just got done with my cMoy amp tonight. It works awesome for a line out to a receiver.
  7. 2long4u

Right now I have these Sony's. The bass is pretty awesome. They are 6-23,000hz. I know you can't hear below 20hz but you can feel it and it's great. They cancel noise pretty good too. They are the best I've heard so far but I don't buy new ones every month looking for something better...
  8. 2long4u

What age will toddler stop hurting speakers?

Five minutes alone and my 2and a half year old pushed in the dust cover of my HPM-100 woofer. He also did my advent bookshelf speakers a while ago. Is there any way to fix them? I was thinking a small round tupperware and a vacuum.
  9. 2long4u

Pioneer SX-3900

It's not as nice as my 1250. :thmbsp:
  10. 2long4u

Pioneer SX-3900

I might go the LED route I have a box of 100 of the ultra bright green ones. What about for the stereo and lock lights. Where can I get them and what part numbers?
  11. 2long4u

Pioneer SX-3900

I didn't even know there were lights there. looks like the FM light and Phono 1 light's are out too. So what's the fix? Just replacing some light bulbs??
  12. 2long4u

Pioneer SX-3900

Yea I know they look nothing alike. The little advents have some pretty rich bass for their size.
  13. 2long4u

Pioneer SX-3900

Oh I forgot, I got something else with it too. :D
  14. 2long4u

Pioneer SX-3900

So I heard this was the newer version of a 1050.
  15. 2long4u

Pioneer SX-3900

Sorry, I'll get pics up soon. I've been pretty busy. I have it on a pair of advent bookshelf speakers right now and it sounds pretty good but not like my 1250 with HPM-100's. I think I'm going to use the 3900 for my computer, I have over 350 gigs of audio.
  16. 2long4u

Pioneer SX-3900

I just scored one for free... :D Now what speakers to get for it????
  17. 2long4u

Bokeh! show it off

I hate to pick on ya but this is a good example of bad bokeh. The background looks harsh. The lower left has the condom looking circles. If you look closely they are all over. This lens would have good foreground bokeh.
  18. 2long4u

A picture I took

I'll post one tomorrow, I'm at work. Wait never mind, top pic in post 7.
  19. 2long4u

Bokeh! show it off

This image is cool. Did you use a tilt-shift lens or adapter?
  20. 2long4u

A picture I took

Went to the Lodi zoo. Yes the Lodi from the song. I was getting really crappy shots like the first pic then I started messing around with the metering. I changed it to spot metering and set it at the bright grass behind the thing I had it on continuous AF and recomposed on the critter, had my...
  21. 2long4u

Bokeh! show it off

That frog's on rosemary.
  22. 2long4u

Bokeh! show it off

Here's one from my other thread that has some out of focus material in the foreground. I don't think it looks that bad. There is also some nice little circles in the background.
  23. 2long4u

Bokeh! show it off

I know a lot of people don't like him but he's knowledgeable about many things. Sure he might be a little biased but that makes him stand out.
  24. 2long4u

Bokeh! show it off

The pink thing was a bucket. Bokeh doesn't have to be little spheres, it could be anything as long as hard lines are softened. The spider pic had some corrugated roofing material in the background and if you notice the darker part going through it the edges are softened. Granted the background...
  25. 2long4u

Bokeh! show it off

Good bokeh is when the edges are softer then the center. I'll post up some example pics and link. Fig. 1. Poor Bokeh. This is a greatly magnified blur circle showing very poor bokeh. A blur circle is how an out-of-focus point of light is rendered. Note how the edge is sharply defined and...
Back
Top Bottom