Search results

1. L

Canadian Members?

Replying to Bigerik Hey! I'm in SW Scarborough. I enjoy my AIWA separates (110 series) I can DX my fave comm'l FM stn., WLKK-FM, 107.7 The Lake. My Sansui 771 rcvr. could not do this, so it's up for sale -- $140, needs light bulbs. Visit it at Audio Oasis, Queen E. just W of Coxwl, N side...
  2. L

What is it with Cats and Audio???

Neis kitiy! In the '50s and early '60s we had a Siamese cat who would nod her head up and down slightly to anything with a clearly defined beat, i.e. Sonny Boy Williamson II, Dale Hawkins, etc...
  3. L

What is it with Cats and Audio???

Neis kitiy! In the '50s and early '60s we had a Siamese... ...cat who would nod her head up and down slightly to anything with a clearly defined beat, i.e. Sonny Boy Williamson II, Dale Hawkins, etc...
  4. L

Most Obscure Equipment Ever Owned

BDlrs ask TOO MUCH $ for Bell Carillon series in Toronto, Can. Long may those BELLs gather dust, I say. Can we see/hear more E-Vs, or even hi-end Audio Reflex?
  5. L

Most Obscure Equipment Ever Owned

my ELECTRA 3000X rcvr. case is SO styled like your... ...Concord cassette deck: same Japanese mfr.? Diff-runt badges for diff. U.S. wholesalers, like elec. guitars? ~ 3000X's amp sounds grt for table, Pioneer Pd-5700 CD player, hi-end cass. decks but tuner is CRAP.
  6. L

Strange (kinda) GW find

AIWA! ultimo mini-'ponents were TX-110 tuner, GX-110 preamp, mighty BX- 110 power amp: 60 W/ ch. ! ...toroidal xfmr! Complex cassette deck of the series was prone to early breakdown. Replace devil-deck with gold TEAC R-H500. With not too much force it'll fit in the space in Aiwa's dedicated...
  7. L

Decent "cheap" electric guitar?

Fotno has it right! P.S. Gtr w/ "bolt-on" neck is more durable. ~~~~~~~~~~~and as long-ago car dealer said,"It pays to buy used." ~L~
  8. L

Caution: Teenage Party Ahead

"In the days of my youth I found out what it means to be a man." [In my best Robert Plant voice] ...but they'll probably play pounding and / or growling music. Shut all windows, crank up air cond., invite your beloved to dance to the pounding. L
  9. L

Find the felon in your neighborhood

I spend my summers in a vintage trailer at the end of... an undeveloped road NEAR the golf course. A.C. power: stolen. Operating: Sansui 771, AIWA TX, GX, BX digital slimlines, modern fridge, hotplate, 20" flat screen TV. I bathe at the gym. I drink ... water. Other than the stolen A.C...
  10. L

Vintage Sleeper List - anything to add?

Sleeping: What about Korean-made H.H. Scott R-357 receiver? 60 W/ch...
  11. L

Monster Receiver Club

Lady A., I see a vector-wheel. What does it do, TUNE?? !!!
  12. L

Monster Receiver Club

SO, Fisher-Dave, where did you find these RS and how long have you owned them? leevanleer
  13. L

Audio Reflex brand stereo/hi-fi products

Members, please supply any info you have on this make. Some product seems to be mfd. in Japan, some in Korea. I'm especially intrigued with model AR-164 receiver... presets, approx. 60W/ch.
  14. L

Welcome to the Solid State Forum!

RetroStereo, please help! How do I start a new thread? Harman-Kardon 330i, other 3XXi: Do they Sound Good?? How will I like them compared to my beloved Sansui 771? Opinions from any and all, pls. What makes 'em endearing? And what do they lack? They are, of course, the slim, streamlined S.S...
  15. L

Can anyone ID this Hammond Please?

...and the first year M3 [1955] had fluted legs. Subsequent years had plain round legs. Mfd. '55-'63 there are many M-3s out there. M-100 and L-100 came out in '61.
  16. L

Buying CD Player

Lady Ayeka, you have the right idea: Old SINGLE DISC CD players! I'd never seen that hi-end Denon 'til now, so I use Pioneer PD-5700. I am content. I prob' paid $50 for it used, with a Warranty!
  17. L

Anyone got a Sansui 771?

I seem to recall that 771 is 35W / ch . I've had two. Sold this one to a music store for $30 when hard-up. Years later, store went belly up, sold it back to me same price. In total, I've had it for YEARS, and keep it for its SOUND.
  18. L

Hallman Organ?

To: Bolly ~ What is that, uh, MECHANISM [moving image] that appears near the bottom of your posts? L.
  19. L

Hallman Organ?

Yes, I saw one same color as yours in the late '60s. I think I also saw a hallman tone cabinet with "paddle-wheels" in front of 12" spkrs. for a Leslie-like effect. Please help me find a working Kinsman or Electrohome organ in S. Ontario, Can. for way cheap. Appearance unimportant...
  20. L

What an experience! SX-626

Vintage SS guys & gals, which do YOU think sounds better, Sansui 771, H. H. Scott stuff, Fisher whatsis-500, or Harman Kardon? All I can say is that when I got my 771 and listened, I sold my Marantz 2235 faster than a speeding bullet! Does anyone on AK care anything for original Luxman...
Back
Top Bottom