Search results

1. John EH

Fisher 500 Alignment MAD MAD MAD MAD MAD What would you do?

Also.....Did I mention that we prearranged this? He told me he was home and waiting on me. He wasn't. John
  2. John EH

I can handle it. It's not like I don't have other stereos I drove way the hell out of my way to meet this guy and he wasn't there. I waited 15 minutes and it was at least another 10-15 before he called me back. I've got better things to do. John
  3. John EH

No he was home.....Said he ran over to a neighbors and forgot about me when he remembered he ran home and by that time I was gone. It was raining bad and I had to backtrack through San Diego and Oceanside traffic for 45 in the late afternoon. 15 minutes was plenty considering how far...
  4. John EH

gyusher.....Part of my problem is that I'm moving in a month and a half to Okinawa. The Fisher alignment was something I wanted done before I left and I travel frequently to San Diego from about 3 hours away. I hit the message boards at AA (Yuck) and this guy came highly recommended. He...
  5. John EH

Paul G did my 500B I got a BEAUTIFUL 500B off eBay.....I couldn't believe how nice it was. Got it and checked the bias voltage and it was hotter than Michael Jackson in Kids R Us. Sent it to Paul and had him do some upgrades, etc. In short it's amazing! Paul is everything you said he...
  6. John EH

McIntosh Stickers

No worries..... they're not for sale. I'll mount one on black and frame it for my "Wall of Fame" John
  7. John EH

Found a guy in San Diego who I could hand carry my amp to for an alignment. Called him and set it up. Left my family early as he's about 45 minutes out of the way from my final destination. Did I mention it was raining. San Diego Traffic+Rain= Sucks He called me from the road and we...
  8. John EH

"Insider" Bose info.

Ovenmaster......Your tax dollars at work..... I work for Uncle Sam and frequently stay in Base Lodging such as the Bachelors Officers Quarters. There has been a big push in years past to upgrade the BOQ's. I guess nice quarters attract meetings and conferences, etc. Most every BOQ I've...
  9. John EH

McIntosh Stickers

Found some more corporate logos on the net and I got a program called CoCut for my vinyl cutter. Was messing around to see how many logos I could cut in how small a space, etc, etc........etc. Now I've got 'em but don't know what to do with 'em John
  10. John EH

EBAY or no way ?

Ebay used to be a buyers paradise. Now its a sellers paradise. I hope it continues to be as I'm selling my old vinyl cutter on there now. John
  11. John EH

"Insider" Bose info.

Actually, I owe it all to Bose I lived in Iwakuni Japan and they had the Lifestyle systems. Several people I know bought them and loved them. It was a status symbol to walk out of the exchange with a BOSE system. Anyway, I hemmed and hawed and just couldn't force myself to buy one. At...
  12. John EH

"Insider" Bose info.

Stereo's are.......... Electronic circuits in a box. Without a doubt some are done better and better looking than others but they're just a circuit in a box. I laugh my head off everytime I see a $25,000 amp in a magazine. :yes: John
  13. John EH

Yet another reason to own your own stencil machine

CELT buddy.....In order to send the Bottlehead Amp all I need is your checking account number, routing number, Social Security number, address and you mothers maiden name. That should about do it. John
  14. John EH

I think most stuff is silkscreened and tossing 2 mil vinyl might look different and have a different feel. I considered it for my ST70 since I had the chassis re nickeled but never have done it. Heck, I'll try anything. Any idea of the font? John
  15. John EH

Joe....This new machine I got can cut stuff pretty darn small. I made a Steelers decal for somebody the other day and I'd say the "Steelers" part was smaller than a 1/4" I can probably cut accurately smaller than that but weeding it out of the vinyl is a bear for a pair of 43 year old...
  16. John EH

Just put the finishing touches on my Bottlehead Single End Experimenters Amp. I likes it! I likes it a lot! John
  17. John EH

A Challenge!

Okay ..... You got me..... But I'm easily twice the asshole as most of you guys so I donated $10. I got so mad at AA that I'll never go there again (with the exception of Bottlehead) AudioKarma has a much better......errrrr......Karma....... John
  18. John EH

Cutting Vintage Logos Part Deux

Here's the latest incarnation of my vinyl cutter that I managed to come up with. This one is going to look good framed and will take up a home right over my 500B and 500C. Sick, Sick, I am. John
  19. John EH

Messing around with a sign maker

Sellers on ebay that sell trademarked items? I don't doubt it. I hardly use my sign machine anymore but I used the heck out of it in Japan, making "for sale" signs for car windows and I had a contract to make decals for a used car dealer to put in the corner of windows. Got work on the base...
  20. John EH

Deoxit, I am a believer.

Also there is a commerical product out there called ACF-50 which may or may not be cheaper than DeOxIt and certainly does the same thing. Also after reading my post it kind of implies I still work in the Materials Program. I don't. I'm a tech rep for aircraft expeditionary visual landing...
  21. John EH

Deoxit, I am a believer.

Raining on this parade I used to work for the gov't (still do actually) on the aircraft corrosion control program in the Materials Technology Program. We used some stuff called Mil-Prf-81309 Corrosion Preventive Compound, Water Displacing. It was 75% Naptha (lighter fluid), 20% propellant...
  22. John EH

Well.....It's a tempting thought but certainly one mired in copyright issues. I'm sure RCA and Pioneer don't mind me making a "pride" sign to hang on my wall but they might take exception to me making money off of their trademark and not giving them a cut. John
  23. John EH

Whoops only one photo.....Here's the other one..... John
  24. John EH

I've got a Roland Stika Vinyl Cutter machine and I found a great site that has encapsulated post script files.....Brands of the World or something like that. Anyway, I've done this kind of thing before but it's so much easier with the proper kind of graphic. Next I'll cut these out at 8...
  25. John EH

HELP picking Pioneer Receiver

Thanks Eric.......I just kind of want one because I kind of want one I still think I'll get my main fix from tubes but some of these 70's receiver were asthetically pleasing to say the least. I'll pass on the $130 SX-780 on your recommendations. Sometimes I just wake up with the urge to buy...
Back
Top Bottom