Search results

1. John EH

Fisher 500 Alignment MAD MAD MAD MAD MAD What would you do?

Found a guy in San Diego who I could hand carry my amp to for an alignment. Called him and set it up. Left my family early as he's about 45 minutes out of the way from my final destination. Did I mention it was raining. San Diego Traffic+Rain= Sucks He called me from the road and we...
  2. John EH

McIntosh Stickers

Found some more corporate logos on the net and I got a program called CoCut for my vinyl cutter. Was messing around to see how many logos I could cut in how small a space, etc, etc........etc. Now I've got 'em but don't know what to do with 'em John
  3. John EH

Yet another reason to own your own stencil machine

Just put the finishing touches on my Bottlehead Single End Experimenters Amp. I likes it! I likes it a lot! John
  4. John EH

Cutting Vintage Logos Part Deux

Here's the latest incarnation of my vinyl cutter that I managed to come up with. This one is going to look good framed and will take up a home right over my 500B and 500C. Sick, Sick, I am. John
  5. John EH

Messing around with a sign maker

I've got a Roland Stika Vinyl Cutter machine and I found a great site that has encapsulated post script files.....Brands of the World or something like that. Anyway, I've done this kind of thing before but it's so much easier with the proper kind of graphic. Next I'll cut these out at 8...
  6. John EH

HELP picking Pioneer Receiver

Years ago I was a kid and my older brother always had a big old Pioneer. I guess it was something I could never get which explains why I want one now. I'm a tube head and shocked that I'm even considering a SS amp/tuner. What I want is recommendations for a Pioneer receiver. There is a...
  7. John EH

Fisher 500C Shocking Story and A Great New Start to Fixing It

I have this Fisher 500C I've been working on. Thought I had it very nicely under control then I touched it one day and got a shock. Put a voltmeter on the case and measured a little less than 3 Volts AC. My 4 screw terminal strips on the back were coming out of the phenolic, mostly because...
  8. John EH

More on my Fisher 500C mission

Picked up a pair of JJ7591's to save my GE original 7591's. No doubt the GE's sound better but the getter flashing looks dark. Rode hard and old, I guess. While I was gone on a business trip I ordered some .047 uf Auricaps for the coupling caps which were previously Orange Drops. I...
  9. John EH

Fisher 500C Photo

Took a front shot of my 500C yesterday. It cleaned up nicely. I'm working on the chassis. It doesn't look all that great. John
  10. John EH

Long Fisher 500C story

Got a Fisher 500C off the bay a few years ago. The seller said it had been checked by a tech but when I got it, it only worked on one side. Put a sig generator on it and the first test point, the tranny was bad. Had to order a new tranny and I put it in and got the channel back. Real...
  11. John EH

Last Dynaco Restoration Photo - I Promise!

Action Photo! New Dynaco with my Bottlehead Foreplay. Note the good tubes this time. John
  12. John EH

Dynaco Restoration Guts Photo

Here are the internals. If you notice the 10 ohm resistors that go to the preamp sockets from the pc board are stock. I goofed and forgot to order them. Soon as I go back in to replace them I'm also going to take some lacing cord and tie up some of the bigger messes of wire. No matter...
  13. John EH

Dynaco Project - Done?

Well, I finished wiring up the beast and the only thing I'm lacking is a power cord. Figured I'd wake up at 7, do breakfast, solder a bit and then hit the hardware store. Wrong. Up at 5 done soldering by 6. No way am I going to wait to test it out so I cut a small extension cord. The...
  14. John EH

Dynaco New Output Binding Posts

I am dangerously close to being done with the ST70 Restoration. The final touch was to make some new boards to put 5 way binding posts in. Tomorrow I finish the final assembly steps, just hooking up those output strips and then it's ready for a fuse and some AC voltage. Wish me luck. John
  15. John EH

Dynaco 70 Restoration - Internals - First Sitting

Here's what it looks like so far with the trannies wired in. I especially like the heat shrink machine I got and so far I've labelled each wire. Should make troubleshooting easy for the next guy who does this 40 years from now. Almost done! John
  16. John EH

ST 70 Restoration

Here's what it looks like. The guts haven't been wired yet. Should be done in a few more sessions. John
  17. John EH

Solder Slinger Extraordinaire

Check out the quad cap I took out of my ST70. This guy must have been getting paid by the ounce of solder used. The replacement quad cap is the little one on the left. John
  18. John EH

Dynaco ST70 Bias

I can tell you very little about the man that built or worked on my Dynaco ST70 before me but I can tell you one thing. The man loved solder. He loved it a lot. Just look at his solder joints on the bias board. John
  19. John EH

And yet another ST70 project photo

Dropped the chassis off today for nickel plating. I'm having the cage plated as well. Got around to cleaning up and painting the trannies today. Looks a bit better. John
  20. John EH

And yet more ST70 Photos

This is really going to happen. My new heat shrink machine has come in handy as you can see.
  21. John EH

More ST70 Photos

Photos of the completed PC3 board, cut the leads on one auricap too short but I plan on replacing the four coupling caps with 600v caps anyway. Enjoy. John
  22. John EH

Dynaco ST70 Restoration......First Steps

Started working on the Driver Board Today. Managed to get the sockets installed along with all the Resistors. I sprung for Riken Carbon Comps throughout with the exception of the 1.5M's which are tantalum. Got them because I couldn't find the Rikens in that value. All the caps, except the...
  23. John EH

Dynaco ST70 rebuild....It's begun

Last week I picked up a new ST70 on eBay. It arrived intact an works. So far I've ordered: A new Quad Cap from Antique Electric Supply New tube sockets New replacement restoration driver board All Riken Carbon Comp resistors (except a 1.5M, tantalum for that) Auricaps throughout...
  24. John EH

Amperex Brown Base DD EL34's

After looking for well over a year for another pair I finally got them in the mail today. I had been running Electro Harmonix EL34's which I loved but these Amperex's really rock. They have holes in the guide pin which make me think they may have been made by Mullard. I also picked up...
  25. John EH

How do you like my new tubes?

I just picked up the sweetest NIB Telefunken ECC801S tubes that I ever saw. They are absolutely pristine and sound even better. John
Back
Top Bottom