Search results

1. SubWolfer

Hi Dan, I posted in the tape forum asking for help with restoring my RX-505 and a member...

Hi Dan, I posted in the tape forum asking for help with restoring my RX-505 and a member suggested contacting you. I sent you a private message but I see I should have tried contacting you here first. I'm in the Detroit area and would like to know if you're interested in restoring my Nak RX-505...
  2. SubWolfer

Nakamichi RX-505 Restoration Needed

Thanks for the link to Willy. Well, I tried starting a conversation with member @nakmandan and sent him my contact info but he didn't reply. Perhaps he's too busy or maybe he doesn't accept messages on here from folks he doesn't know. Is there another way I should try contacting him or is...
  3. SubWolfer

That's what concerns me. He is very good at repairing things and I I was thinking after watching some YouTube vids or other instructions he could do the work. But like I said, he is not a tech. So it sounds like this deck likely needs a complete restore service performed.
  4. SubWolfer

I have had this deck for probably 20 years. Bought it off eBay back in the early 2000s. Has been in storage for at least ten years and everything worked before I stored her in a closet in the basement. But not anymore. Powers on, but doesn't play. So I have a buddy who's quite mechanically...
  5. SubWolfer

Wife wants old speakers gone! What to do?

Wow, I asked for suggestions and you guys really came through! Let me answer a couple questions that was asked earlier: As for the Polk speakers and why they're not being used, the need some work. They're in really nice shape cosmetically but I noticed they don't sound so great. After doing...
  6. SubWolfer

Despite being a member for years, I haven't posted on here in quite awhile. I read a lot of the posts but don't comment unless I have something positive or helpful to add. My wife is going through some tough times right now. She had to have surgery on her shoulder and she's in a lot of pain. I...
  7. SubWolfer

As mentioned in my original post, the model # is 302A URBAN. There's a set on eBay right now that look just like mine and he's asking $347 with local pickup Bozak 302A URBAN EDIT: If you'll notice in the first pic, there's a set of Polk speakers in boxes that are also her mother's garage...
  8. SubWolfer

She doesn't want them in our house. Hence, the reason they're in her mother's garage.
  9. SubWolfer

I have an old set of Bozak speakers that are currently stored in my wife's mother's garage and I was told they need to go. They worked the last time I hooked them up but that was about 10 years ago. I think they say 302A URBAN on the back. The veneer is worn and there's some chips in the wood...
  10. SubWolfer

Plastic Stem broke off In Tube Socket

I think I'm going to ask one of my friends that have steadier hands and better eye-sight to help me out with gluing the part back on. I did a dry run and the way it broke off, it lines up perfectly. Should be an easy fix like y'all are suggesting. But which JB Weld product? I ask because...
  11. SubWolfer

@gadget73 that's good to know, thank you for that. The tube seems to be fine, I'm just trying to figure out if I need to glue that part back on or if it's OK to use the tube as is while making sure it's inserted in the correct position. I know most folks would glue it back on but my eyes aren't...
  12. SubWolfer

Thanks for all the advice guys. Just wanted to ask, so I shouldn't be concerned about about leaks in the tube with the base being compromised? @Lavane Where did you find those new base and keyway covers? And one last thing, I can see where the key is still. Is it advised to glue that broken...
  13. SubWolfer

I used a small thin Allen wrench to grab it underneath and pull it out. Now the question is can I reuse the tube?
  14. SubWolfer

I assume this the pic set you're referring too? https://www.harborfreight.com/mini-pick-and-hook-set-63697.html BTW, it an EL-34 power tube Here's a pic of the stem that's broke off in the socket
  15. SubWolfer

While I was moving my amp I accidentally caused one of the tubes to become dislodged. When I went to remove it, the stem in the center that guides the tube in the proper orientation broke off and part of it is still in the socket. It's one of four large tubes that look identical so I assume...
  16. SubWolfer

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

Thanks, however, not a single table currently available for ~ $300 on the Bay. Surprising, considering the state of the economy
  17. SubWolfer

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

So I'm itching to get back into vinyl and been considering the SL-1200. Handsome looking table but the prices are all over the place. Not looking for the deal of the century but don't want to get taken, either. Seen some really nice ones on eBay. What would ya say is a fair price for one in good...
  18. SubWolfer

Speaker Suggestions for EL-34 20-watt Integrated Tube Amp?

I see the Elac Debut B6 speakers recently dropped in price ($200 for a pair). Probably because there's a new version out: Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2 I read reviews that speak highly of the Debut B6 and that they work well with tube amps, but I kinda got the feeling that some reviews seemed to...
  19. SubWolfer

I came across the SVS line of bookshelf speakers that look interesting. I know they make great Subs but never heard any of their speakers. SVS Ultra bookshelf speaker specs: Rated bandwidth: 45 Hz-32 kHz (+/-3 dB) Nominal impedance: 8 ohms Sensitivity: 87 dB (2.83V @ 1 meter full-space...
  20. SubWolfer

Just wanted to ask for some suggestions. I have a MastersounD integrated tube amp, got it about 8 years ago. It's 20 watt and has taps for 4 and 8 Ohms. Right now I have a pair of Triangle Titus XS mini-bookshelf speakers and they sound pretty good, just not on certain types of music. Like...
  21. SubWolfer

Sub connection help/advice needed

You have helped. I thanked you and said I appreciate it. I'm just pointing out the conflicting info I've found while doing research and being cautious because it seems these adapters are made specifically for car audio. It would be nice to know how REL implements their High-level input. Could...
  22. SubWolfer

Thanks I appreciate the help but I'm getting conflicting info on those Speaker to line level converters. I looked at quite a few of these adapters and they all seem like they designed to be used for car audio. I did find someone asking the exact same question I'm asking about these adapters and...
  23. SubWolfer

Well I'm no expert on this stuff which is why I came here to ask. Here's the forum thread I was referring to that advises NOT connecting a ground to both negative speaker terminals. https://www.avforums.com/threads/neutrik-speakon-wiring-for-rel-quake-hows-it-work.525929/ (specifically read...
  24. SubWolfer

Bent cantilever. Can I just bend it back?

Thanks, just updated my profile.
  25. SubWolfer

Yes, I think you're right. I get things backwards all the time! But I just thought of something. The REL cable has THREE bare leads. One for the + right speaker connection, one for the + left and ONE ground/common lead. I remember reading somewhere about someone who wanted to make there own...
Back
Top Bottom