Search results

1. wianieq

I have a Setton receiver with no knobs.....long shot request

Hi all, I have a Setton rs220 receiver that is missing all it's knobs. If you are familiar with these then you know that the knobs are fairly unique. I work at a library and we have a significant 3d printing setup and a newly acquired structured light scanner. I know it's a long shot but...
  2. wianieq

Need some elp troubleshooting Millett DCPP Engineer's amp.

That was what I measured with the transformer unconnected entirely. It is on its way back to Edcor in any case, they are sending a replacement. I hope that is the issue.
  3. wianieq

Ack. I unconnected the red B+ leads and blue and brown plate leads since while connected I couldn't get them to stop jumping around all over the place. Blue to red on both transformers then read 198ohms. Red to brown on the right was 173ohms and the left transformer read 0.F. So its looking...
  4. wianieq

Hello everyone, I just finished wiring up the engineer's amp board with the recommended Edcor outputs. While trying to make the bias and balance adjustments I discovered an issue. I had checked the b+ before trying to adjust and it was okay. I could not get the left channel current test...
  5. wianieq

fused, switched power entry module wiring

That's what I thought. I didn't want to deal with that if I didn't have to. I have four leads on the transformer and need to tie two together to make 120v or 240v. I was thinking that further down the road when I may have to replace a fuse and I put the drawer in the wrong way and cause...
  6. wianieq

fused, switched power entry module wiring

Hi everyone, I am starting to wire up an amp with this iec module. https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/qualtek/763-00-001/?qs=jRuttqqUwMTf1RoMWQ6wPg%3d%3d&countrycode=US&currencycode=USD Apparently I have to wire all the separate components together myself. It looks as though the fuse...
  7. wianieq

Anywhere to buy fuses?

Thanks for the replies. I've dealt with Surplus Sales before. Weird experience and I don't think you can really just walk in and select items. You order and they call you back and you go to this sketchy warehouse back door and pick it up. It looks like Ace, Home Depot and Lowes are the only...
  8. wianieq

Anywhere to buy fuses?

Hi everyone, I was hoping to get some fuses quickly. Normally, that would have been a reason to go to Radioshack but they have all closed in Omaha. I know that Home Depot, Lowe's and Ace carry some, but they usually don't have a wide selection and usually not what I'm looking for. I thought...
  9. wianieq

HQMC Phono Stage and Simple PSU Help Desk

Any idea how easy or hard it would be to remove them from the boards and resolder them to the correct adapters? I don't like the surface mount devices. Has anyone used the ones from Hong Kong?
  10. wianieq

HQMC Phono Stage and Simple PSU Help Desk

Hi everyone. I bought these boards years ago. I just finished getting them stuffed, just waiting on a couple of 2k trim pots that I missed ordering. I realize that I bought the dual LME49990 amps. If I were to remove the bottom from each would they still work?
  11. wianieq

Sansui 1000 repair

It looked from the pinout that 1 was not connected to anything. I'm going to have to learn to read the datasheets better.
  12. wianieq

Sansui 1000 repair

You were right. I reversed it back to original. I couldn't use pin 6 because it was already being used for that purpose by pin 5. I'm going to have to come up with another scheme. 8 is right next to the socket screws so I suppose I could use a 2 terminal strip thing on each one. I checked...
  13. wianieq

Sansui 1000 repair

Well, I decided to start putting in the 10r cathode to ground resistors last night. I lifted the ground wires from all of the number 8 pins on the pl-36's, soldered the resistors from pin 8 to the empty pin 1 and re-attached the ground wires to pin #1. I also replaced r35, which is the 1r...
  14. wianieq

Sansui 1000 repair

I was looking at the schematics of the 1000a and this 1000 for the bias mod. I think I have what I need to do at the tube sockets down but I'm not sure about the power supply portion. I have posted some doctored schematics of what I was thinking I had to do. Can anyone point to what is wrong...
  15. wianieq

Sansui 1000 repair

I have finished all the caps and deoxiting this. I think the intermittent lost right channel might have actually been the tube. I ended up swapping them and the channel disapeared on the left. After triple checking I had the speakers wired up the same it would have to be the tube. It tested...
  16. wianieq

Sansui 1000 repair

I was examining it again and decided to swap the 6an8's to see if I might have killed the tube. Both channels worked again. I guess it dirty sockets? Cleaned those a bit with deoxit and those little tooth pipe cleaner brushes but I think the brushes were a bit too small to be effective...
  17. wianieq

Sansui 1000 repair

Well, I had a brief moment of happiness with this. I finally saw what my problem was, I had the two 200uf 180v caps reversed. The old caps designated a number 1 as positive and 2 as negative. You can barely read the markings at the base and I mistook the 1 for being a minus sign. It did not...
  18. wianieq

Sansui 1000 repair

I finally received my order from Amplified Parts. I got spoiled with Digikey and receiving orders in 2 days. Amplified Parts sent my order with UPS and after traveling around to several cities going the wrong way they handed it off to the USPS and they held on to it for another 3 days. People...
  19. wianieq

Sansui 1000 repair

Well, I looked at it and as far as I could my cap replacements are good. I was checking out C38. The manual I got off HifiEngine makes C38 appear to be a single cap but it is actually a 20/20/20/20 multi-section cap with 2 of them wired in parallel. I will just hook the sections up as is but...
  20. wianieq

Sansui 1000 repair

The only can cap left to check is C38, which I will do tonight. All other caps were replaced or re-stuffed. I will check the ones I stuffed to make sure I didn't goof up there.
  21. wianieq

Sansui 1000 repair

Okay, it is C37. There is a C31 listed in the parts list at 20uf 300v lug terminal, but I can't find it anywhere else. Anyway, I have replaced all those in question except C38. Looking for multicap replacement for C37/39, I can find 50/50uf. Is that okay in place of 40/40uf? How critical are...
  22. wianieq

Sansui 1000 repair

I haven't done anything to c38 yet.
  23. wianieq

Sansui 1000 repair

Sorry to keep bringing this up but are you fairly confident that my power transformer is okay then? If so I may go ahead and order the proper multisection can caps for the 20/20/20/20 and 40/40 since I have already replaced those, but I'm not necessarily happy with my job of restuffing and...
  24. wianieq

Sansui 1000 repair

Going by the schematic R35 is connected to the power transformer and C40 and C41 and is that a choke? Since I replaced C40, C41 I am pretty confident I can rule those out. Does that mean the choke or one(or more) of the 25E5's are bad since after the choke it goes to pin4 of the 25E5's. Or is...
  25. wianieq

Sansui 1000 repair

I will check that. Thanks.
Back
Top Bottom