Search results

1. F

Warning! MX110 -- POP -- Then No Sound Is Infected With Malware

Probably one of the links or pictures in this article is infected with malware according to the latest version of Malwarebytes. Be very careful about opening this article! If I click on the Page 1 of the article, Malwarebytes puts up it's "dire warning" message about malware and blocks the...
  2. F

Gotten Sick Of Choosing Between Home Theatre and 2 Channel Tube Sound

This is probably audiophile sacrilege but... I've taken my C2300 and MC-275 Mk VI out of my system leaving me with the following setup: Phono system (where I do most of my listening): MT-5 (with MT-10 cartridge installed) -->MP-1100 Vacuum Tube Phono Preamp--> MX-121-> bridged MC-7106->XLS-340...
  3. F

Question On MC-275 Mk VI 12AX7A Tube Swapping V3 & V5

Hi... I fired up my MX-275 Mk VI last night and unfortunately noticed that the left channel was dead (actually, playing extremely low). Suspecting tubes, I started to swap the various 12AT7's and 12AX7's. I found that when I swapped the 12AX7A's in V3 (marked on the chassis as being for the...
  4. F

Sticky Remote Problem Fixed In Replacement Remotes From McIntosh

My MVP-891's remote was starting to get gooey and sticky, so I called McIntosh to buy a replacement. The Parts department representative told me that they have replaced the old MVP-891's remote (a remote in the HR070 family -- used on most McIntosh devices from the 2000's and had the...
  5. F

MR88 Users (and others who have Sirius/XM Radios -- XM Is Free Till Memorial Day

MR-88 users. If you hookup your XM receiver unit and antenna to your MR-88 and go into Setup (press the Mono button for a few seconds) and enable XM, you can listen for free till Memorial Day. This applies to all Sirius-XM radios.... I think that XM sounds much better on my MR88 than it...
  6. F

MR-88 Firmware: Current Version Is v1.11

McIntosh now has a later release of the MR-88 Firmware that fixes a software bug that I was having with "ghosts" of the tuning indicator being left on the screen as I turned the tuning dial. I was previously using v1.10 which was necessary for XM reception. v1.11 seems to now be common with...
  7. F

Shipping McIntosh For Service -- Do You Insure The Shipment?

I have to send my MR-88 tuner to Audio Classics for some service. I have the original McIntosh packaging for the tuner. I am probably going to ship it UPS Ground. For those of you who have done this before, would you insure the package for the full replacement value (which I believe is...
  8. F

MR-88 Problem -- Anyone Else Have Problems With The Bar Tuning Indicator?

I have a 6 year old MR-88 that just started an irritating yet non-fatal symptom. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this issue. I have had the MR-88 apart and have unplugged and re-plugged all of the various connectors etc on all of the boards as well as doing a "reset" by pressing the...
  9. F

Just Bought A Used C2300 -- A Couple of Questions???

Hi, I just bought a used C2300 for $3500 (I took everybody's advice here and chose the C2300 over the C2200). It'll be arriving on Tuesday.... I'm going to be using it to replace the 2 font channels on my MX-121 Home Theater Controller for my MVP-891 BluRay player, MLD-7020 LaserDisc...
  10. F

Opinions On the C2200 -- Does It Have a "Vacuum Tube" Sound?

There's a C2200 up for auction on E-Bay. I was thinking about replacing the front two channels of my MX-121 so that I'd have an "all tube" path from my phono (MT-5 with MT-10 cartridge feeding a vacuum tube McIntosh MP-1100 phono preamp) to my MC-275 (in stereo mode) amp. Forgive me for not...
  11. F

MVP-891 -- My YouTube No Longer Works -- Does Yours?

Can someone with an MVP-891 try out YouTube and see if they can connect to it? My MVP-891 YouTube never gets past the "connecting" screen.
  12. F

Running XLS-340 Speakers With Two Different Amps -- Will It Help Me?

I am running my McIntosh XLS-340 front speakers from my beloved MC-275 Mark VI amp. I have an extra MC-7100 stereo transistorized amp lying unused in my closet. The XLS-340 speakers have two sets of connectors on each speaker, one for the lows and one for the highs (I guess this is called...
  13. F

MC-275 Mark VI Bias Adjustment

As you may have read in another thread on the board, I had some problems with two blown 220 ohm wire-wound plate resistors. You can read all about it on that thread. On this thread, I wanted to talk about the KT88 tube bias adjustment. The MC-275 Mark VI does not make this a "user-friendly"...
  14. F

MC-275 Mark VI Service Manual...

Due to my problem with the wire-wound 220 ohm plate resistors on my MC-275 Mark VI amp, I obtained a service manual for this model. Most of the ones circulating on the Internet are for the Mark IV. Unfortunately, it's too big to upload to AudioKarma.... If you want a copy, please PM me.
  15. F

MC-275 Mark VI -- Left Channel Distorting

This morning, I noticed that my 1.5 year old MC-275 VI (with all stock tubes) had horrible distortion (mostly in the treble) on the left channel. After doing the normal diagnosis procedures (switch the right & left speakers, switch the right & left inputs from the preamp, switch the right &...
  16. F

Static Cautions For McIntosh Equipment During Winter....

As a result of my own bad experience with my old MX-119, I want to caution you all about preventing static electricity damage to your treasured systems during low-humidity winters.... Here's what I've done and the caution that I take before touching my equipment... 1) Put in a whole house...
  17. F

Just Bought A McIntosh MP-1100 (Phono Stage) To Replace My MP-100

It'll arrive tomorrow. I'm trading in the MP-100 to Audio Classics (great people to do business with BTW). The MP-100 was a fine phono stage and sounded great, but I have a huge collection of early '50's LP's and old '78's and the MP-100 just wasn't flexible enough to handle non-RIAA...
  18. F

How Does McIntosh Put the Little Green Light "Tube Ready" Indicators On the MC-275 Mk VI?

McIntosh, on their MC-275 Mark VI tube amp, puts little indicators that seem to come from inside the 12AT7 and 12AX7 tubes. The indicators start out with a dark orange color when the amp is first turned on and then they progress to a gold color and finally, when the amp is ready to play, the...
  19. F

Damn You MC-275 Mk VI -- Why Do You Entice Me Back To Tubes????

I just replaced the front two channels of my all-McIntosh surround system with a new MC-275 Mk VI (my system consisted of the MX-121, MR-88, MT-5, MP-100 Phono Preamp, and MVP-891, bridged MC-7106 for the front three channels -- the MC-7106 now handles the center and two back channels). The...
  20. F

Has Anyone Seen Or Heard the New McIntosh Tube Phono Preamp???

I believe the model number is MP-1100. It's supposed to be the end-all of phono preamps with the ability to properly equalize early 45's/LP's that weren't recorded with the RIAA Equalization curve and 78's as well. I believe that it's priced at $8000. I bought the model that they introduced...
  21. F

The Power Amplifiers MC-7100 and MC-7106

I decided to bridge channels on my MC-7106 amplifier resulting in 3 mono channels of 200 watts apiece which I'm using for my Front-Left, Front-Right, and Front-Center channels (I mostly listen to 2 channel stuff anyway). I was thinking of buying another amplifier, the two-channel MC-7100 to...
  22. F

Bridging McIntosh 7106 6 Channel Amp -- Can I Combine The Back Channels?

I have a McIntosh MX-121 feeding a McIntosh MC-7106 6 channel amp and five loudspeakers (no subwoofer). The vast majority of my listening is stereo CD's and stereo LP's. I only occasionally play surround sound movies. I do not have, nor do I want a subwoofer (I am very sensitive to bass and...
  23. F

The New MP-100 And Dealer Availability...

I didn't know this, but there seems to be a "class" of McIntosh dealers that are allowed to sell McIntosh models such as the new phono preamp MP-100 new and with warranty via mail-order. I was unaware of this and was under the impression that McIntosh forced a customer to buy from his local...
  24. F

New McIntosh Phono Preamp MP-100 Literature Is Available On Their Website

http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/us/Products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=phonopreamplifiers&ProductId=MP100 This product seems like a dream device for people who have a turntable. The ability to switch to mono and the variable "loading" for MM and MC cartridges are really exciting. I can't...
  25. F

What Is the Cartridge On the McIntosh MT-10 Turntable?

I know it's a ClearAudio made cartridge, but I'm curious if it was designed and manufactured specifically for the MT-10, or whether it can be purchased separately. Thanks for any info that you might be able to provide...
Back
Top Bottom