Search results

1. Doug The Dog

Re-introduction

Hi everyone! This is my first time back on AK in 4 years! (Almost to the day), I originally joined in November of 2004 and was quite active in 70's vintage Pioneer, Kenwood, Yamaha and Sansui audio. I took a little break and dove in head first to another passion of mine. I'm restoring a 1973...
  2. Doug The Dog

How many speakers do you own?

OK... Let's see.... Pioneer HPM-100 (4 pair) KEF 104/2 (2 pair) JBL L36 Smaller Advents Boston Acoustics A70 Polk Audio Atrium 55 (2 pair) Polk Audio RC65i Polk Audio RC60i Polk Audio TC65i (center channel) Miller & Kriesel V2B Miller & Kriesel V3B That's 29 speakers! Dang!
  3. Doug The Dog

New to me Boston Acoustics A70's

Definitely a nice score! I think the A70's are one of the finest "low budget" speakers around! I got mine at a yard sale for $10.00 also! Had to refoam the woofers too! Keep them as my test speakers! The irony goes on!
  4. Doug The Dog

My Large Advents up And Running!!!!

Nice job! You'll enjoy them!
  5. Doug The Dog

KEF 104/2 Tweeter replacement

The coils are shot. Oh well. I read that the Morel MDT29 will work as a replacement as well as Tubed recommendation for Audix tweets. I will contemplate that but knowing how anal I am I think I'll wait for a pair on ePay. This will be a back up pair any way as I aready have a set of 104/2s on my...
  6. Doug The Dog

Good call! The voice coils actually look OK but the ferrofluid is hard and sticky. What should I use to remove it and should I re-assemble the tweeter dry?
  7. Doug The Dog

Hi all! long time no posts! I recently had a pair of KEF 104/2 speakers given to me and they are in good condition except the tweeters are blown. The T33 tweeter from KEF is discontinued. Anyone have any replacement stories to share???
  8. Doug The Dog

Impressive SX-1250

If I had the extra money right now I'd buy it! That's without a doubt one of the nicest restoration/restomods I've ever seen!
  9. Doug The Dog

Possible SX-950 deal?

I agree.... I bought an SX-950 a couple of months ago that was in great shape for a hundred bucks. be patient. there are still lots of good deals out there! Travis http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260047588316
  10. Doug The Dog

Where to buy Deoxit?

I like the D5. Tried and True!:thmbsp:
  11. Doug The Dog

Does your GARAGE ROCK?

I also spend a lot of time in my garage. I have two systems depending on my listening mood. 1st is a Pioneer SX-1050 powering 4 HPM-100's, Pioneer PL-600 TT, Pioneer CTF-9191 Cassette, AKAI GX-77 RTR and a Nakamichi OMS-5AII CD player. My second system is a Yamaha CR-1000 receiver powering...
  12. Doug The Dog

What Christmas Audio Karma are you giving or getting?

My son-in-law appreciates vintage equipment but is too busy raising my three grandkids to afford it so I got him a Pioneer SX-950 (almost perfect), a pair of Technics SB-5000A speakers (just like new and still in the original boxes with the original packing) and a spool of monster cable. Hope he...
  13. Doug The Dog

Marantz speaker owners???

The very first pair of speakers I purchased (when I was thirteen) was a pair of Imperial 7's. I still have them 31 years later and they still sound like new!
  14. Doug The Dog

Bose VI opinions

Always remember the "State of the art" equipment is what's in the back room. That's the lesson I learned selling stereo equipment for 10 years. Travis
  15. Doug The Dog

New SX-950/SX-980 All Hardwood Cover project.

Mike: Here's a link to a cabinet project I did earlier this year. It's a very fun project and I have had no problems using hardwood instead of plywood. Good luck and keep us posted! Travis http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=60623
  16. Doug The Dog

your computer stereo

Tell me more about your sound card. How much improvement is there over the standard sound card. I'm not trying to hijack this thread....Just curious.:scratch2: My system for my computer consists of a Pioneer SX-1010 and stacked Advents. Travis :guitar:
  17. Doug The Dog

Who uses a sub in your two channel system

I use a Miller & Kreisel V2B powered subwoofer with my KEF 104/2's :guitar:
  18. Doug The Dog

Mystery Monster Receiver

Yamaha CR-1020/1040?
  19. Doug The Dog

Rescued a pair of JBL Horizon L166's today!

I can hardly wait to get them finished! I've read comments that they sound smoother than the L100's. Should be interesting. Travis
  20. Doug The Dog

I keep this in my favorites!
  21. Doug The Dog

Thanks! That's awsome and just what I need! As luck would have it there is a pair of grills on ebay right now... How lucky can you get? Travis
  22. Doug The Dog

The lower left corner of one of the grills is messed up and the speakers on the bottom are not JBL's but rather some no name cheapo's (believe me, if they were JBL's, they'ed be mine now!)
  23. Doug The Dog

As I was checking out the Las Vegas Craigslist yesterday (which usually has nothing but cel phones and X-boxes) I came across an ad for "Home Speakers, $20" I figured it would be a pair of Fisher or Yorx speakers from an old rack system but what did my eyes see? a pair of JBL speakers. I emailed...
  24. Doug The Dog

Receiver Collectors: Raise Your Hands!!!

After thinning out the herd a little this is what's left. Pioneer: SX-1050 (2) SX-1010 (2) SX-939 (2) SX-838 (2) SX-737 (2) SX-636 SX-535 SX-434 SX-980 SX-424 Yamaha: CR-1000 Travis :guitar:
  25. Doug The Dog

Your w-i-d-e-s-t amp/reciever

My Yamaha CR-2020. Spent a small fortune to make it perfect and then the damned thing didn't fit in to the cabinet (kept the cabinet to keep my wife happy, used a Pioneer SX-1050 in place of the CR-2020). Finally wound up selling the CR-2020 to a fellow AK'er. :tears: Travis
Back
Top Bottom