Search results

1. jwcullison

PRV D2200Ph & ZXPC 18x10 Horn

Can you post a picture here or elsewhere of those big tractrix type horns that are bigger than the volti horns
  2. jwcullison

PRV D2200Ph & ZXPC 18x10 Horn

That was at the end of 2004 and I was exchanging messages with Bob. That box did not have the internal volume or any kind of simulator to the Cornwall as he was just building a test box. Just after that I released a full plan of what a Cornscala should be for the exact Port measurements and also...
  3. jwcullison

Two MC275's used as mono amps

I've heard the 2301's on the XRT1K and monoblocked MC275's.....The MC275 sounded a little better......also better than my MC1201's. Although there are may be an advantage of more power giving more dynamics. Of note is that the 2301 demo I heard was not my room but at the dealer. So different...
  4. jwcullison

Two MC275's used as mono amps

Yep...I as well give thumbs up on monoed MC275's. jc
  5. jwcullison

Technics SL-1200 and Ortofon Corncorde Gold

This is great info. I'm gonna make these changes tonight and get back. Yea...the cart is DJ stuff I know....I may change it in the future and get some recs from you guys. That Concorde was known to be an easy install and this all was a shotgun purchase as my wife needed to buy me...
  6. jwcullison

OK....I'll set them both to 3 tonight.... will see what happens..thanks... jc
  7. jwcullison

Got new Technics SL-1200MK2PK and Ortofon Concorde Gold. Just got back into the TT game....forgotten a whole heck of alot about setting up and balancing. I balanced the arm then added about 1.5 grams. Don't laugh...but I searched out Concorde weight preference on youtube and other stuff...
  8. jwcullison

Led upgrade on 1201's

Do you have to turn the amp on its side or upside down to install the LED's?
  9. jwcullison

K-31

Yes you can get them from Klipsch Parts. I think they are more than 122 but not by much. jc
  10. jwcullison

Bi-amping using tube and solid state

Sorry late back to this. No...a horn system that had no internal XO. jc
  11. jwcullison

ARG!! :tears:
  12. jwcullison

Ron. I know the release date for the MEN220 is in October.......can it be narrowed down to something more exact....please...please.... jc
  13. jwcullison

I am using it for a system w/o the use of passives. I have a TrueRTA program setup in which I run pink noise curves. I then balance the output that way and actaully a little EQ too. The unit isn't "grainy" and doesn't seem to steal the love of the music away. All Analog with XLR...
  14. jwcullison

I use an Ashly XR-2001 and am very happy with it.
  15. jwcullison

Short Comment about Bob Crites

Bob and Michael are awesome. period. jc
  16. jwcullison

Best amp for the La Scala under $500?

I have a D-75 and like the sound. Pushing some Cornscalas right now. For the scalas...best bang for the buck is the McIntosh MC250. I actually like the way they sounded on my late scalas better than my Band new MC275...which I sold soon after. It was neck and neck with My late MC252 (also...
  17. jwcullison

MC250 compared to an MC60

JMA preamps and the MC250 is a match made in heaven. Works very well with horns.
  18. jwcullison

mcintosh speakers vs any other

ditto
  19. jwcullison

I'm far from having ear fatigue with my XRT1K. I actually listen louder with these for longer periods of time. Yep...everyone is different. I never thought I would have anything but horns and then I ended up with these. I thought the Wilson Sophia's sounded pretty good. I didn't get...
  20. jwcullison

I have demoed the top of the line B&W's excluding the nautilus, the wilson sophia's, and klipsch palladiums at the same store. All of these with the reference lineup of MAC electronics. I ended up hearing the Mcintosh XRT1K's on a goof really. There was a private show in which the reps of...
  21. jwcullison

New C500, New Housing

That is the issue I have. Mine are brought out of the cubby. I get a more open sound that way. More in the cubby...more punch. But...bass isn't a problem with these XRT's.....I'm now gonna have to reinforce my walls. Everything is vibrating to all he11. Never had that before until now. jc
  22. jwcullison

New C500, New Housing

hkval. Wanted to run something by you. I have a similar setup in which there is a "stereo/tv box" between the speakers. If I were to build a house again, I would leave this out and put a tv screen on the wall and equipment on a nice rack down low. I have found that I have to pull the...
  23. jwcullison

Change preamp from C2200 to MDA1000

Everyone has a different ear or room. I tried the C220 with teles and I didn't like it between my MDA and the amps. Sold the C220 today. I had the same experience with the C2300 with stock tubes. So I'm a no preamp guy or down the road try the C500 or C1000. I'm in no rush though...
  24. jwcullison

Tube Amps

Pyro. If you biamp the Khorns using the internal passive (passive biamping), won't you need some sort of "active solution" in front of the MC275 since it will only be playing 450Hz and up? O... BTW. There is no overkill when it comes to McIntosh equipment jc
  25. jwcullison

C220 review w/ and w/o stock tubes

Hmm. I hadn't even considered that. I didn't think they had enough power. I just think for some reason the 250 works well with the horns. If I get to messin with the cables gain...I may try. The MDA to 1201 to my XRT will be hard to beat. I'm still droppin my jaw on that combo. jc
Back
Top Bottom