1. adpopulum

The Horror!!!

Blech!!
  2. adpopulum

My humble downstairs system

Bastard!
  3. adpopulum

Just acquired - 1960s Stromberg Carlson console

Nice console. Glad to hear you are going to keep her intact. So many of these iconic statements of style and luxury have been lost over the years. Watching with interest!
  4. adpopulum

Primare Systems PRIME Flat Inter-Connects & Speaker Cables

Yup, they sure would be nice if you had to run them under a rug too. BTW, when you say "them" do you mean the Primare branded cables or Nordost branded?
  5. adpopulum

Guess these are rare as hen's teeth then...
  6. adpopulum

Anybody remember these? They are give or take 20 years old IIRC. They came in a Gold tin (inter-connects pictured) and are completely flat. Reached out to Mofi Distributions (Primare's Canadian distributer) who reached out to Primare and neither have any recollection of ever manufacturing or...
  7. adpopulum

Can bipolar capacitors be used instead of polar capacitors?

With due respect It ain't trivial, it might be simple or easy but it is the farthest thing from trivial.
  8. adpopulum

Genesis II's just followed me home...

Recently picked up a good pair of Genesis II speakers (vinyl veneer, utility cabs) in need of new surrounds. While I have some generic 8" & 10" surrounds on hand they differ substantially to the original "filleted" surrounds. I have done some EPIs and even a pair of Genesis IIs years ago with...
  9. adpopulum

Help identifying old speakers

tis a strange orientation of the tweet tho!
  10. adpopulum

Fisher Cathedral Radio? Online Auction - Toronto

If you're lucky maybe some kind of console hack job. If you are unlucky a fisher dial with god knows what inside.
  11. adpopulum

Who Says All Canadians Are Nice & Peaceful?

hmmm, I've got a dog I don't particularly like that looks alot like a wart hog. I wonder...
  12. adpopulum

Who Says All Canadians Are Nice & Peaceful?

As Dad used to say at the diner table... Tasty Piggy! Boohhahhahh
  13. adpopulum

I want to get into Classical music. Where do I start?

IMHO the best way to introduce yourself to the genre is via single instrument or quartet recordings (but that might just be my bias) and explore composers and artists that you like from there. Here are a few I think would be universally well regarded: Bach: Sonatas & Partitas for Unaccompanied...
  14. adpopulum

HOLY CRAP!!!!!

Funny thing is it is often cheaper to ship to the US than it is on the other side of Toronto! And that involves a hand off to the USPS. We are being fleeced up here in Kanada
  15. adpopulum

Bands Named After A Part of the Body?

Bad Brains
  16. adpopulum

The 4 Skins
  17. adpopulum

Sex Pistols
  18. adpopulum

Little Feat
  19. adpopulum

The Members
  20. adpopulum

Stiff Little Fingers
  21. adpopulum

Come on, I know you want these

awesome, just... awesome.
  22. adpopulum

difference between sony ES and non-ES?

The difference between the bonafide ES gear and run of the mill Sony gear is huge. There is a pretend ES line that is IMHO marketing nonesense, but I have owned some outstanding 80's and early 90's ES gear.
  23. adpopulum

The Sony DVP-N900V and the curious case of the cold IC!

I agree. My thinking is that it is a faulty chip as opposed to a cold solder. Anyhow, here is a pic of the IC in question (IC104).
  24. adpopulum

The Sony DVP-N900V and the curious case of the cold IC!

Picked up a minty Sony DVP-N900V the other week for free knowing that it was not working. The issue is when I power up the unit it turns on for about three seconds (green light) then goes into standby mode (red light). When in standby mode pressing “play”, “open” etc. will start the cycle over...
Back
Top Bottom