Search results

1. redcoates7

Kenwood Owners Show Us Your Kenwoods!

It's your fault I got it connected again! Glad I did- jamming to the low power college station that I can't pick up worth a damn on my other tuners!
  2. redcoates7

Kenwood Owners Show Us Your Kenwoods!

Time to give the 700T a rest and listen to the mighty L-02T for a bit. What a fabulous tuner!
  3. redcoates7

Top 15 Kenwood tuners ?

I've owned most of the tuners on this list at one time or another, and generally agree- you simply can't beat the L-02T. I own a KT-815 that RadioX Tuners cleaned up and modified and that's anther favorite- can't get close to the L-02T with weak stations, but it sounds wonderful...and I...
  4. redcoates7

Happy Birthday redcoates7!

you AKers are great Thank you!
  5. redcoates7

I thought once you've paid, you did your part as the buyer...

when I make packaging requests, I back it up with an offer to pay for materials. Most sellers have no idea how to properly package, and especially if it's a deal from a junk dealer, they are NOT going to spend another $20 on boxes, foam, and wrap to get something to you safely.
  6. redcoates7

Add another Kenwood KA series for 4 channel bi-amp or replace?

You could have some fun with this- I wouldn't necessarily get another KA-8300, but you certainly could get a second amplifier and bi-amp the system if your speaker allows it. Whatever you decide, there's a good chance that the two amplifiers will have different sensitivity (product a different...
  7. redcoates7

Kenwood L-08M Restoration + L-08PS!!!

Really fantastic. I see these are 100V Japanese market models- were you able to convert them to 120V, or do you use a large step down transformer?
  8. redcoates7

Another Fyne deal from Suncoast Audio - Fyne F502SPs ordered

Were you able to audition and purchase them from the same dealer? That's pretty excellent if so- fewer really great stocking dealers around these days!
  9. redcoates7

Membership renwewed!

Membership renwewed!
  10. redcoates7

Pro-Ject Tuner Box S- no DXer, but a cool solution

I've really been enjoying this compact tuner over the past few days- FM only in a solid metal case. Only about 4" wide by 4" deep and an inch tall...even comes with a remote! Performance on local strong stations up and down the band has been impressive- very good sound quality, especially...
  11. redcoates7

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Bruce Springsteen "House of 1000 Guitars" on KUTX in Austin...nice to hear new music from The Boss
  12. redcoates7

Pro-Ject Tube Box S2

The Tube Box S2 is a killer preamp- very low noise, and a tone of flexibility for different cartridge loading. The stock tubes are custom- labeled Russian models, not sure of the original manufacturer. Have fun, it's a great phono pre!
  13. redcoates7

Battle of the looks - Kenwood 700 vs Sansui 3000

I'm biased of course, but the symmetrical look of the Kenwood gear is very appealing to me
  14. redcoates7

Using a Record to Lift

You're likely better off replacing the second LP with a mat- there are a few good options out there, but with the AT-LP120's fairly resonant metal platter a nice 3 mm rubber or cork mat should do the trick! The Pro-Ject Cork It is a nice option...
  15. redcoates7

a/d/s Atelier Home Stereo W/1290 Speakers - $500 Northville, MI

Solid deal on a really great sounding setup! The speakers alone are worth a pickup...
  16. redcoates7

Kenwood KT-7001/KA-7002?

This series is quite good- until recently, I was using the KM-8002 power amplifier from this system and it was excellent sounding!
  17. redcoates7

Pangea Audio Stand. Anyone use Them?

The Pangea stands are a great option for short money- they're really well braced, and once loaded with equipment are very stable. If you're talking speaker stands, they're also solid. Nothing fancy cosmetically, but rock-solid and well built
  18. redcoates7

Redcoates7. Excellent seller, went way above and beyond.

Thanks @Ds2000 I appreciate the kind words. Looking forward to seeing your restoration threads!
  19. redcoates7

New Kenwood L-06M's

Wow, that's even more than I even knew about them! I truly wasn't aware of any operational issues with these- I'm sorry they're acting strangely, but am so glad they're making music! Photos look great.
  20. redcoates7

New Kenwood L-06M's

Hey Hackwhite I've never been able to find a bit of paperwork (marketing/service/whatever) on them, and I've been looking for quite some time...I don't think they ever made it out of Japan, so the usual European and North American service centers never received any documentation. That's just...
  21. redcoates7

Reluctant

Welcome to AK Kybronco! Good advice on this thread so far about starting slow and not jumping in on a project you care about before you're ready- "letting the magic smoke out" of a piece of gear you care about it is a real bummer, and hurting yourself working on the 120V AC Mains side of a...
  22. redcoates7

Enjoying My Nines

Those wood sides on the L-07cII look amazing! Well done
  23. redcoates7

Kenwood at-70 audio timer doesn't work? Help!

Welcome satrlight! Love when old threads get closed with good instructions!
  24. redcoates7

MC452 - is it the new Classic?

I"d have to agree with this sentiment- the MC452 (and the new MC462) are more amplifier than most of us will ever need, and should be one of those "cross int off the list" purchases...if you've got an MC452, you pretty much have the power amp thing covered for life ...can't wait to upgrade from...
  25. redcoates7

Powering NHT Classic 3's

The Classic 3s are very special. Enjoy the heck out of them! I've heard them with a whole host of amplifier- from basic AV receivers, up to 400 watt/ch McIntosh, and they always manage to shine. The nice thing about this speaker IMO is its ability to rise to the performance of the equipment...
Back
Top Bottom