Search results

1. KSMike

2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

Thanks Pete!
  2. KSMike

I'm just curious, there are a number of G8700DB entries in the DB, but only a couple in this thread (including mine). What are the other inputs to the DB? Sorry, I'm just getting back to AK after a long absence.
  3. KSMike

G8700DB,810020029,KSMike
  4. KSMike

Did you ever get an answer to your question? I’m sorry I didn’t see it.

Did you ever get an answer to your question? I’m sorry I didn’t see it.
  5. KSMike

Justin, Good grief I had no idea I had messages from anyone. I’ll have to look for a way to...

Justin, Good grief I had no idea I had messages from anyone. I’ll have to look for a way to get notified. I assume, 6 years later, that you found an answer? Sorry I missed you!
  6. KSMike

Volume pot for Sansui G8700DB

Thanks SO much. After going to all the trouble to get the tone board out, it's going to be hard to resist re-capping it now, even if it doesn't appear to need it. But of course, then where do you stop...
  7. KSMike

I'm still in the planning stage for tearing into this. If the tone board needs any new caps (I believe there are roughly 10 total on the board) - can someone recommend a brand/type? I understand the relevant electrical characteristics, but I find the material choices bewildering. If I end up...
  8. KSMike

Already tried Faderlube several times without much/any change. It may be awhile before I can tear back into this due to some family stuff going on at the moment. I do still wonder, if the pot(s) are gone, if there's any way to find suitable replacements.
  9. KSMike

Thank you again!
  10. KSMike

Thank you Tom, I'll do that. What sort of voltage levels are we talking about that can have that effect? Just want to be sure I'm looking correctly.
  11. KSMike

Does anyone know of a source for a suitable replacement? I've tried Deoxit and lots of exercise but it's still loaded with noise and now I'm even getting some squeal. Schematic: Of course it's not just the electrical specs that matter, but also the old/heavy feel. Any help would be...
  12. KSMike

D/A noob - please help me get started?

By the way, I'm not a "new member," I just haven't been around in quite awhile - since before the (apparent) site re-design.
  13. KSMike

D/A noob - please help me get started?

Something tells me I'm the last vintage audio owner on the planet to add digital streaming capabilities. It would be nice if I could stream audio from iOS, OSX, and Win7 to my Sansui G8700DB. I've seen a suggestion for Apple Airport Express, but that seems to primarily be a router - and I'm...
  14. KSMike

Peavey 400SC amp hum

Hi all, it's been some time since I posted here... if I'm putting this in the wrong forum please let me know where to move it. I'll try to make this as clear as I can. I recently took on the job of helping with the equipment for my kids' high school marching band. One of the pieces is a large...
  15. KSMike

Teac A-4010s

Ugh, somebody got to 'em before I did. Maybe just as well, my wife would've had my head if I'd dragged 3 of those home. Thanks for everyone's quick input anyway, I appreciate it.
  16. KSMike

Teac A-4010s

Sorry to drag up an OLD thread, but I was just offered three 4010s' for the cost of my gas & time to pick them up locally. The owner says they worked fine the last time he turned them on 25 years ago and he's had them ever since. Complete with owners' and service manuals. Any thoughts on...
  17. KSMike

Yet another Bose 901 Re-foam project completed

I can't even tell you how much. Talk about a stroke of major good fortune!
  18. KSMike

I appreciate all the comments! No offense taken on the Bose thing... I'll be the first to admit that they'd be doorstops without the EQ and careful placement. However, with those things, a person could do a lot worse :yes: :D Mike
  19. KSMike

Thanks! Fletch, you were wise on the 901's. They're doorstops without the EQ in my opinion. You can buy the EQ on ebay, but it looks like they're going for $100-200 depending, and then they may need work. Sandpaper - I didn't really sand them per se, I used some 000 synthetic steel wool to...
  20. KSMike

Rather than glom onto threads from Avguytx and others, I thought I'd better make this one my own. However, I owe him, Whaleman, and EchoWars a huge debt of gratitude for their help and support on this project (and, in the case of EchoWars, making time to replace the drivers and finals in my...
  21. KSMike

Broken G-8700DB

Imagine my shock when I realized a couple of days ago that EchoWars and I live about 35 minutes from each other. And my elation when he said he was waiting on some parts on another job and could fit my receiver into his schedule right then! :banana: . 48 hours later I'm back up and running...
  22. KSMike

Broken G-8700DB

OK - Thanks!
  23. KSMike

Broken G-8700DB

Thank you, John!
  24. KSMike

Broken G-8700DB

I much appreciate the replies! I've spent the last couple of hours digesting the Sansui stickies and the links therein. Thanks for the suggestion - I hadn't seen them before, as I found this thread using the search function rather than going to the Sansui forum first. Anyway... I'm...
  25. KSMike

Broken G-8700DB

Update - I've got the driver amp board (F-3074) sitting in front of me with two burned resistors, R33 & R34. These are both specified in the manual as: 56 Ohm, 1W, N.I.R. No problem, and easy to get to, but what is "N.I.R.?" And, I see that these are both connected to the transistors on the...
Back
Top Bottom