Search results

1. AstroZon

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

The Foriegn Exchange - Come Around (Instrumental) Nice mellow vibe.
  2. AstroZon

Anyone hear of the return of group recording is back?

I hope it sticks around as it would be a great return to form. As a former group musician I can tell you first hand that playing together and practicing at home are almost two separate things. Playing with 3 or 4 other musicians makes you focus in a very different way than practicing alone...
  3. AstroZon

Nintendo Gameboy Advance IPS Screen Mod

I've built 2 of these so far. The IPS screen is so much better than the original TFT. It really makes the 20 year old system fun again. The only original part is the GBA motherboard, so you have to find a working donor (they used to be cheap but not any more.) The screen, ribbon cable/...
  4. AstroZon

You can only keep ONE synth...

I've owned a lot of synths over the years. I still have a few, but I usually use my iPad with soft synths now. Korg Module is my favorite as there is just so much on it. My first hardware synth was a Yamaha CS-10. I sold it and then bought another a few years later. I suppose that if I...
  5. AstroZon

Got Lucky on CL today.......Niiiiice!

Ohhh.. Heresy II, nice! And if you have any "recorded live" CDs, now's the time.
  6. AstroZon

Post your photography!!

Jeep J10 pickup. It was tightly parked between 2 cars, so this was the only angle I could get.
  7. AstroZon

Post your photography!!

Truss Bridge over the Colorado River, Yuma AZ.
  8. AstroZon

Teac V-95RX Cassette Deck in Colorado Springs

Thanks for all the responses. I have enough repair projects at the moment, so I'll pass. But what a great looking deck!
  9. AstroZon

Post your photography!!

Twenty One Steak along the Pueblo Riverwalk (Pueblo, Colorado)
  10. AstroZon

Teac V-95RX Cassette Deck in Colorado Springs

There's a Teac V-95RX Cassette Deck for sale on Colorado Springs CL for $35, but the seller says that one capstan doesn't turn. Does anyone have experience repairing one of these? Thanks https://cosprings.craigslist.org/ele/d/colorado-springs-teac-95rx-auto-reverse/7296015043.html
  11. AstroZon

The Secret Life of Machines, 1988-1993 a Fantastic British educational TV series

Transmaster> Thanks for the high quality video link. Much clearer. The very last minute of the last episode is one of my favorite memories of this show - a pyramid of TV sets turned on and set on fire. Magnificent!
  12. AstroZon

List of Absurd Prices for Items - Fun thread for obviously enthusiastic expectations

Wow, guess I'm out of touch with the current market values.
  13. AstroZon

The Secret Life of Machines, 1988-1993 a Fantastic British educational TV series

I just watched the episode on video recorders. It was the first one I saw back in the 90s when it ran on Discovery (via BBC 4.) I was hooked immediately and watched it religiously every week. I love the pace of this show.
  14. AstroZon

List of Absurd Prices for Items - Fun thread for obviously enthusiastic expectations

Marantz Model 4400 Receiver - $2400 https://cosprings.craigslist.org/ele/d/denver-marantz-4400-stereo-receiver/7286952892.html TOTL for its day, but still - $2400? Jeez. I remember seeing one about 5 years ago for $800 and thinking that it was too expensive.
  15. AstroZon

SONY FH-7 MKIII

I had an FH-7 MKIII exactly like that one. Bought it new in 1985 for $250. As far as I know, the only difference between it and the MKII was the speakers changing from 2 way to 3 way. Sounded great.
  16. AstroZon

Nikko history, info...

Another Nikko fan here. I have an NR-819 receiver, and I never get tired of listening to it. It just sounds musical.
  17. AstroZon

Teac TT-1 Audio Timer

Another look at the PCB. 14 diodes, 4 Zeners, 4 bridge rectifier ICs, etc. All transistors are marked BCE - almost like a kit. I wish modern electronics were laid out this nicely! The Japanese markings on the pins are the wire colors.
  18. AstroZon

Teac TT-1 Audio Timer

Great! I may just do the same thing. I haven't removed the PCB on this Teac, but looking down from the top I cannot find a crystal. It's just unusual in a digital clock circuit not to see one. I suppose that it's using the AC cycle as a reference. Also no backup power whatsoever...
  19. AstroZon

1968 McAfee guitar identification help

I agree with all who said USA made, small output luthier. There were a surprising number of acoustic guitar makers in the US from the mid 60s to late 70s. Colorado had several including a friend of mine's dad (can't remember what his guitars were called though.)
  20. AstroZon

Teac TT-1 Audio Timer

No issues - it works fine. Just wanted to post a pic of the insides. I get a kick out of how well made this ordinary audio timer is. No way would anyone now put a hefty relay, transformer, that nice circuit board, and thick aluminum faceplate on something as pedestrian as a timer...
  21. AstroZon

Post your photography!!

Cleaning up some of my old film cameras, Pentax ME Super (foreground) and K1000.
  22. AstroZon

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Pandora (again) on one of my mix stations. Last 5 songs: Zero 7 - In The Waiting Line Stereolab - Metronomic Underground David Bowie - Modern Love Eddie Grant - Electric Avenue Neil Young - Harvest Moon
  23. AstroZon

Other Bands' or Artists' "Sergeant Pepper" Albums

Some from the 80s: Pretenders - Pretenders Human League - Dare Madonna - Madonna Michael Jackson - Thriller Roxy Music - Avalon
  24. AstroZon

Other Bands' or Artists' "Sergeant Pepper" Albums

I knew that would appear. :music:
Back
Top Bottom