Search results

1. wingzam

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Those Mini-Mokes are worth a fortune. Restored they're bringing $40-60K
  2. wingzam

Altec Flamenco 848A

Yes I checked them out. Their blue is too light for my liking, but thanks for the link.
  3. wingzam

Refinishing Flamenco's

I used some Howards dark walnut restorer, which is not a stain, followed by Howards beeswax. Turned out pretty good. Have to be careful cleaning these old speakers cabinets. There came a point where what I thought was dirt and dust was actually the original stain coming off. To re-stain the wood...
  4. wingzam

Refinishing Flamenco's

It's me again. Now that I've got the grills off these Flamenco's I'd like to give them a makeover. Right now I'm thinking navy blue fabric because the original orange is discolored, and retaining the grills, or a black/charcoal/dark grey grill cloth without grills. Hopefully I can get away...
  5. wingzam

Altec Flamenco 848A

Oh good, I think I'll start looking for fabric then! I'm thinking dark navy blue and retain the grills or a more transparent black grill cloth and leave off the grills.
  6. wingzam

Altec Flamenco 848A

Seems to be glued on. To change the grill cloth looks like a fair amount of work, depending on how much glue was used to put it together.
  7. wingzam

Altec Flamenco Grill Removal

I'd like to change the grill cloth on mine. It's pretty discolored. Maybe a very thin loose cloth so the drivers can be seen and no grill, or dark navy blue with grills?
  8. wingzam

A-Z They Just Go Together Perfectly

Facebook Marketplace and "Is this still available?"
  9. wingzam

Altec Flamenco 848A

These are nailed straight on, no grooves. The little nail heads are hard to see and impossible to remove from the front without marring the surface. I used a curved/hooked tool to pull the grill away. There are three nails down the middle and two on each side towards the corners. These are...
  10. wingzam

Altec Flamenco Grill Removal

I was hoping to just pop these grills out and clean them up, but they feel as solidly mounted as the vault doors at Ft Knox! I'm guessing I'll have to take the backs off and unscrew them? Of course the next question is does leaving them off improve dispersion and lessen distortion? Thanks!
  11. wingzam

Altec Flamenco 848A

I can't find any nails in these grills and I'm pretty good at nailing girls! I have to admit defeat and talk to those guys at Lansing Legacy...thanks...
  12. wingzam

Altec Flamenco 848A

Good morning! I'm wanting to clean up these speakers but can't figure out how to get the grills off. Anybody know how to remove them? Thanks
  13. wingzam

What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

People, even 30-40 yr olds, who don't articulate the letter 't' within a word. As an example the word button. They say (hard to describe in writing) bu uh on. This is 5-10 year old talk, not adults!
  14. wingzam

Looking for Pioneer HPM-1500 cabinet hardware

Wow, this thread goes back to 2012! How time flies After all that searching and matching I couldn't find a cam lock that fit quite right and didn't want to alter anything. I lucked out when a short time later a guy was parting his 1500's on eBay and I asked if he had this hardware. Being that...
  15. wingzam

CS-88A Foam Surrounds - Brown Foam?

Yeah doesn't look bad but, well, ya know...keeping them looking original wouldn't be a bad thing..
  16. wingzam

CS-88A Foam Surrounds - Brown Foam?

Hey Guys I bought foam surrounds for the small mid-range (tweeter?) drivers from Simply Speakers but the originals are brown. Are brown surrounds available for these speakers?
  17. wingzam

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

My dentist sold me three van loads of stuff. I got things like this -
  18. wingzam

Yamaha YP-D4 Cuing/Auto Return Adjustment

Did some more bending, screwing and tweaking and actually got it fixed! A bit anticlimactic after all the BS..
  19. wingzam

Well, that did absolutely nothing...back to the drawing board - or scrap yard..
  20. wingzam

I've got some of that automotive sound deadener, maybe I'll put some in here. Here's my lever. The plastic is from a Planters peanut can, we'll see how it works
  21. wingzam

Nice! I like the feet too. Here is the matching receiver, CR-840. Be a shame to split them up, although I'm not so impressed with the engineering of the cuing and autoreturn mechanisms.
  22. wingzam

I've adjusted the damnable thing every which way from Sunday. The previous owner had the arm set too high. I bent the lever this way and that, turned the screws numerous times, disassembled it, studied its motions, tweaked it and tweaked it and all I managed to do was return it to spec. I'll...
  23. wingzam

Adjusting this end with the screw should have taken care of that shouldn't it?
  24. wingzam

I'm about to scrap this turntable it's driving me that crazy! I'm the second owner of this TT and think it has been tampered with. I've adjusted the cuing height but when the tonearm returns the needle scratches all the back to the rest. I just can't figure out what the problem is. Can anyone...
  25. wingzam

HAFLER P500 - DH500 difference

Yes, I was excited when I got this amp because of the reviews and that there's a lot of upgrades for it but I wasn't aware of the rarity of the MOSFETS..There's always something..
Back
Top Bottom