Search results

1. fdwrench

4270 pop when turned on

I have cleaned the relay points, Replaced C808 and checked R815, no help Could H806 or H807 be the problem? If the volume is up when I turn it on the pop is barley noticeable. Not sure how big of a problem this is. It did sound louder the other night with my hearing aids installed.
  2. fdwrench

4270 pop when turned on

DC offset seems fine. The relay clicks about 2 seconds after the power button is pushed on. Maybe it is a timing issue. I will take a look at R815 and C808. Thank you Ed
  3. fdwrench

4270 pop when turned on

I had a pop when I turned this 4270 on and off. I changed C806 from 33 to a 10uF. The pop when I turned it off went away but I still have it when I turn it on. Any suggestions Thank you
  4. fdwrench

Past the point of no return 4270

I have been going over the links and the thread they belong to. Very interesting, thank you. The Power Amp P700 seems to be very close to the one in my 4270. I may try to follow your lead and recap P700. I am a retired mechanic with very little knowledge of electronics. Any advice would be...
  5. fdwrench

Past the point of no return 4270

I think I did it now. Only a couple of problems when I started. I would loose the right rear channel on occasion. Deox seemed to help for a short time. I decided to go for the relays. Got the cover off of the relays and fluffed them up with 2000 wet and dry. It would drift off of the FM...
  6. fdwrench

2285B Re-cap which caps?

Hi, Did you compare it to this on in the database? http://akdatabase.com/AKview/albums/userpics/10004/2285B.txt
  7. fdwrench

Recap list 4270?

Hello, Anyone have a recap list for a 4270 or how to figure out the right cap for the right application? I look up caps at Mouser but just too many to pick from. Thank you Ed
  8. fdwrench

QX-646 Decoder Capacitor

learned something today. Its a good day.
  9. fdwrench

QX-646 Decoder Capacitor

Thank you
  10. fdwrench

QX-646 Decoder Capacitor

Hello, Still playing with my QX-646 I am having a hard time figure out the right replacement capacitors for C32-37 Pioneer CEA 2r2m 25NP on AWM-031-A decoder board. I am not sure what to look for. It seems to be a bipolar cap. Any help would be appreciated. Ed
  11. fdwrench

On the hunt for atf-016 low pass filter

I am looking for a low pass filter atf-016 for my Qx-646. There are a couple boards on Ebay but they are really proud of them and no guarantee. I have it bypassed for now and not sure exactly what it does. The one that I removed would drop the right channel. I sent it to Markthefixer to...
  12. fdwrench

Lights QX646

Thank you! I was wondering if that white stuff was rubber at one time.
  13. fdwrench

Lights QX646

Hello, Trying to replace the FM and stereo lights. Can not figure out how remove them from the socket. I do have the front end dial apart. Ed
  14. fdwrench

Still Working on a QX-646

Yes the volume does not change now that I have bypassed the filter. I will most likely ship this tomorrow. I have done as much damage as I can.
  15. fdwrench

I think that it may be irrecoverable now. I destroyed one of the coils. Any use to you now? I did bypass it. Played a couple of LPs. I did not notice any ill effects. I did notice that the right front channel stayed put.
  16. fdwrench

Definitely a pita. Markthefixer, If you are interested in it send me a pm. I don't know what to do with it. I will try bypassing it too see what ill effects might be, but I really want 4 channel. There is a QX-646 local but he wants too much for it. I may make him an offer. Ed
  17. fdwrench

Well, There was a problem with the ground on the RCA jack for the right side. I got a bigger hammer. Seems to be ok now. I replaced the caps and transistors in the Equalizer and matrix board AWM-045-0. Still have the same problem. Volume drops in the right front speaker when on phono. I have a...
  18. fdwrench

You Get The Last Word!

Receiver is worse than giver
  19. fdwrench

Can not see sponsors

I can not see the featured sponsor any more. I miss the lady with the tubes. Firefox
  20. fdwrench

Before I go further, if you have time to check my list. Thank you Ed Parts List QX- 646 Equalizer and Matrix Circuit Assembly (AWM-045-0) C1 1 25 Electrolytic CSSA 010M 25 647-UKL1H010KDDANA C2 1 25 Electrolytic CSSA 010M 25 647-UKL1H010KDDANA C5 470 6 Electrolytic CEA 471p 6...
  21. fdwrench

I have recapped, replaced transistors and a resistor or two in the power amps. One was smoked. Just got it running a short time ago.
  22. fdwrench

QX-646 Listening to an lp the right front speaker volume would drop very low. I could bring it back by pulling and replacing the right cable from the tt at the back of the receiver. I switched the phono cables left to right and the problem did not move. I switched speaker wires and it moved...
  23. fdwrench

Taken from a working turntable.

Is it just me or does this piss you off. People selling parts on epay and they describe it as taken from a working turntable. Why would you destroy a working unit? (I do know why.) I have a few Dual tts. One had a ruff time in shipping. I eventually got it running. I did not part it out. It...
  24. fdwrench

Messing with CD-4 quad

I heard that if a CD4 disk was ever played with a stereo stylus most likely the CD4 information has been lost. It may be hard to find one that has not been played with a stereo stylus.
  25. fdwrench

Best album covers to hang as artwork?

Brain Salad Surgery Emerson, Lake & Palmer
Back
Top Bottom