Search results

1. kve777

Who does Vintage Test Equipment Repair?

I have a Meguro MAK-6581 and a Sencore SG-80 I'd like gone though.(Never plugged in either one) I have no idea who to go to. I'm in NJ. I am willing to ship. Any thoughts? Experiences? Thank you.
  2. kve777

No Regrets!

Pulled the trigger on a preamp. Nope. Not the usual Carver. Conrad Johnson. Premier 17 LS2. Had one 10 or 11 years ago, before I joined AK. Sold it due to divorce. I did not have the rest of a system to properly support it. Even though I had Jeff Rowland Model 7 monoblocks, I only had Polk...
  3. kve777

Help with Proceed Modular DVD Transport- Drawer not opening.

I've got a friend's PMDT, the drawer does not open, pops out a little then throws failure error. Belts are NOT the issue, seems like the motor doesn't want to turn. Anybody have experience with these?
  4. kve777

Pioneer HPM-700's, $6.95?

I passed on a pair of HPM-700's for $6.95 at the GoodWill today. Need woofer refoaming, rough cabinets, etc. Should I go back?
  5. kve777

Klipsch or A/D/S/?

I have waaaay too many speakers... I also need to part out some of these speakers for cash to pay bills. I can: A) Part out Klipsch Heresy I (1981) and Heresy 1.5's(1985) or B) Part out A/D/S/ L730 and L810's. NONE of these have perfect cabinets, but all of the drivers are fine. I'm...
  6. kve777

Another pleasant transaction with soundmotor!

Tom's the best! No worries here!
  7. kve777

Capehart 112P Console purchase contemplated...

I'm thinking of buying/trading gear for a Capehart 112P console, circa 1941. I don't know a lot about these but it has "Chinoiserie" lacquer artwork. It's the artwork that intrigues me most. I think my Valerie would just love the look and could touch up the paint. Supposed to be very complete...
  8. kve777

Looking for info on Monogram 3000 Preamp

I just pulled the trigger on a preamp, so I don't have it in my possession yet. Item ID: 253267820794 Monogram model 3000. Looks pretty high end inside, but I know nothing about them. I hope it's a good one. Anybody here know anything about these?
  9. kve777

OHM F's or ESS AMT1B's? Both for sale locally. Both rebuilt at Miller.

I've been looking around for a nice pair of speakers to go with my Marantz PM-94. I really like the detail of the PM-94, especially at lower volume. Why not? It's Class A there. There are a bunch of nice speakers for sale nearby- Some big Polk's, some ESL-63's, but I really like the idea of...
  10. kve777

QUAD ESL-57's destroyed a Carver TFM-55x amplifier

I sold a Carver TFM-55x to a guy on another forum who tried to use it to power a pair of unrestored QUAD ESL-57 speakers. Amp quit rather quickly. Preliminary testing shows blown outputs, resistors and diodes across both amp sections as well as a blown 12A slo-blo fuse. Any idea what happened...
  11. kve777

Heathkit AP-1800- Worth owning?

I have a line on a Heathkit AP-1800 preamp. It's being sold AS-IS for $200, so I'm leery as I can't test it at this store. I kinda want to know if it's got 'audiophile sound' or if I should just pass on it. I have lots of preamps I like: Carver C-16, C-6, C-1, C11, Phase Linear 2000, 3000...
  12. kve777

EH SCOTT 510 Console tube amps to be modded as mono blocks.

Below is the schematic for the EH Scott 510 console. I have two amps, one tuner and two of the Jensen Coaxials. 1. I'm not going to use the tuner, so looking at the schematic and it appears I can eliminate the 25Z6 voltage doubler. Anyone disagree? 2. It looks like I should put another 6SN7...
  13. kve777

Replacement crossovers/caps for 1950's Jensen Coaxial K210S speakers?

I have always just replaced crossover caps with like parts. But here I have a cap that really doesn't seem to belong. Actually I didn't even know it was there until I took the 'hat' off. It just looked like Jensen didn't have a crossover at all. Obviously these caps were War Surplus. The pair of...
  14. kve777

Need Help with Speaker ID'ing...

Looking to ID the cherry wood speakers. Don't look like Polk, as they are advertised. Look like 10" full-range with phase plugs, might be 8". From a CL ad locally. Thanks.
  15. kve777

Dynaco PAS- Are you missing knobs? Running too hot?

I just wanted to pass along some tips for those who own Dynaco PAS preamps. 1. Missing knobs? My favorite look on the old Dyna aluminum faced gear is knobs from Tektronix 500 series 'scopes. You know, those huge green-blue monsters from the 60's. Knobs come up often on internet auction sites...
  16. kve777

Looking for Pin Out Voltages- Audio Alchemy CD Transport Power Supply

Hope fully someone who has an Audio Alchemy CD Transport and Controller can help me with building a Power Supply. These have a 5 pin DIN power connector. I need the pin out voltages to build my power supply. I thought I had the right one when I purchased these, but I didn't. Somehow I think it's...
  17. kve777

Quality of Crest Transformers Hoopeston, IL?

I have a pair of EL84 output transformers from Gulbransen Organ APS-4 amps, EIA Code 839 for Crest Transformer Hoopeston, Illinois. Circa 1960. Before I build an amp around them, I'm wondering if the quality was good or not. These are nice sized OPT's for P-P amps, like Dynaco ST-35, with end...
  18. kve777

Power Output Calculation and DC offset at full power. Questions.

I'm working on a Carver The Receiver 2000. It's rated at 200WPC. Low Rail voltage is 51VDC, High Rail is 69VDC. After a major recap, I hooked up my Hantek scope module into my Toughbook Laptop with a 1kHz 2V square wave output. I also have it hooked to a pair of 400 watt 7.5 ohm wire wound load...
  19. kve777

Rising DC Offset after recap

I recapped most of a Carver Receiver 2000(everything but noise reduction and tuner boards) and now have it going into protection when turning up the volume. High Rail voltage at 69.0V, Idle set to .004V, both channels. DC offset found equally on all emitter resistors and speaker terminals...
  20. kve777

MC2105 Left Channel Meter Reads Too High?

I thought I would post this odd issue while my meter batteries charge up. My MC2105's (SN 82M29), left meter starts at -7 when power is applied. DVOM readings of VDC and VAC were the same. I swapped meters, stayed on the left channel, so the meter it's self is OK. I swapped out the driver...
  21. kve777

Help with Weller EC2002BESD/EC1201PESD Solder Station.

I have broken wires inside my old Weller Solder Station. I found #2 and #4 terminals on the 5 pin socket had wires broken off. I have three wires not going anywhere. Does anyone have one of these? Can I get a pic or description of what I need to connect? If I get it fixed, I'll donate it to a...
  22. kve777

Canton GL-210 speakers, Info? Opinions?

I just picked up a pair of Canton GL-210's. Looked like white Minimus 7's. Apparently not. Anybody own some? What brings out the best in them? Not very valuable, so they might be just the thing for the kitchen. Just looking for opinions and experiences. Thanks.
  23. kve777

Anybody tried one of these DAC's? WM8805 + AD1955 + PCM2704 Coaxial + Fiber + USB DAC Kits

Has anyone experienced one of THESE? WM8805 + AD1955 + PCM2704 Coaxial + Fiber + USB DAC Kits I have purchased from this seller and he fixed an issue to my satisfaction, so I do trust him. He has the 115/220V transformer, too. Apparently you need a +/-15V and +/-9V transformer and three op...
  24. kve777

HH SCOTT 299 (A) Early Version- To Part Out or Restore? Decisions, Decisions!

I have an early Scott 299 (some call it 299A) with the output tubes running front to back. I paid $325.00 or so, a few years ago for it with the intention of fixing it and flipping it. Well, I haven't done it yet, and my tube system is going to be Dynaco with a PAS-3 and a pair of ST-70's, which...
  25. kve777

What kind of part is this E113? In Spectro Acoustics 217 Preamp

I'm at a loss as to what this part is, denoted E113.
Back
Top Bottom