Search results

1. wyceeric

Hans Zimmer; Dune II, with this soundtrack he becomes a Music God.

Sounds like you gave it a deep listen. And that you had the sort of experience we all hope for when we sit in the sweet spot.
  2. wyceeric

My humble little systems

Nice assortment of goodies. Would you say you have the sound about where you want it?
  3. wyceeric

My new rug - it really tied the room together

Saw the rug and heard Fela Kuti in my head. Cool.
  4. wyceeric

Anyone in Holland, Michigan, area?

Welcome, @Sonnyhad3. Still not much organized going on that I am aware of in West Michigan, but this is as close to social media as I get. Could easily miss it.
  5. wyceeric

Akai Oldy but goody

Good luck. Hope you get it squared away to your satisfaction.
  6. wyceeric

Theseus' Stereo

No TV. Nice setup.
  7. wyceeric

Akai Oldy but goody

How about some shots of the gear and the space?
  8. wyceeric

Worst setup on AK

Do you have a thread chronicling the remodel? If so, let's have a link. If not, maybe post here. Having done a fair amount of that sort of thing, and being in the middle of a slow moving project myself, I'm always curious to see where others start and end up, as well as the unique...
  9. wyceeric

Exterior lights overnight. Photocell, motion sensor, or manual switch?

May be scary to some, I suppose. Not to me. Coyotes, people, whatever. Regarding the second point, I did say this in my last post: Besides which, there is no chance anyone can hear my music. The distance is too great, and I just don't listen that loud because I have no desire to do so. I...
  10. wyceeric

Some interesting responses. Things seem to have gone a bit off the rails here. Just to be clear, as I stated above, I am talking rural. No neighborhood, no subdivision, and definitely no HOA. In those places I would expect to find lots of light. While I appreciate the responses from people...
  11. wyceeric

@hipine I don't disagree with anything you said; I might not even dislike your lighting arrangement were we neighbors. Not that it would matter, as it is your property and you may do as you wish. It sounds like you found an effective forum to share your findings with your neighbors, and help...
  12. wyceeric

@Bill S Those sound very reasonable, thanks for being a good neighbor. Maybe I could suggest them.
  13. wyceeric

Thanks for the replies so far, folks. @W9TR, I wouldn't say I know them really well, but we're friendly and do chat periodically. As I mentioned, we let them use the volleyball court for parties with friends. In addition, they have a fire pit, but not a lot of wood, so I told them they can...
  14. wyceeric

What I'm after here is for someone to explain to me what I'm missing. I'll just go ahead and reveal my bias up front. When we moved out here (July 4th weekend, 2019), a couple of the things we were after were quiet, and real darkness. After 20+ years in the 'burbs, the wife and I, who were...
  15. wyceeric

This is the ULTIMATE POWER in the Hifi universe?

(OTOH, a buddy just sold his SX1250, bought new in 1978, for $4000 and got his daughter a car. I doubt my AVR will fetch that, so if that's a throwaway then so be it.) :beerchug: I thought this was interesting. It occurred to me that adjusted for inflation, he probably about broke even...
  16. wyceeric

The next stage - ADS, B&K, Marantz, Focal, Technics, and Vaulted Ceiling

Wow, I almost fell to my death looking at the last couple of photos. How's the sound up there vs downstairs?
  17. wyceeric

CD time counter: up or down?

Well, it's useless if you don't have a use for it. Since I still use primarily physical media for my air shift, I find it very useful- hence the question. @Late Boomer -Yep, been at it since '93 in a bunch of different slots. Did day, evening, etc., overnights are the best. Definitely...
  18. wyceeric

CD time counter: up or down?

I looked for a thread on this topic, and couldn't find one, but I'd be surprised if this question has never been asked. Do you set your CD player's counter to count up or down? Why? I set mine to count down. The reason? Just shy of thirty years in non-comm radio, using physical media...
  19. wyceeric

Finally back on here messy divorce (I lost my Klipsch and the pool table)

At least you're back on the horse. Now with the freedom to have anything you want, stereo-wise.
  20. wyceeric

Ever demo your system for others?

I feel like the best ones are people who like music, but have never heard a really good setup. They tend to get it. Unlike the random "is that a radio?" guy who happens to be there for a family function, or some such.
  21. wyceeric

Pics of your listening space

Given what @cube-tube and @Hobie1dog said, I suspect it's more about choosing someone who is cool with your non negotiables, and you with hers/his. If part of the first date conversation is,"stereo is in the living room, with the speakers not crowded by the furniture", and s/he doesn't tell...
  22. wyceeric

Abel's system, San Pedro Sula

Interesting shelf system. By what means is the shelf attached to the uprights, as they are on opposite corners of the shelf? I'm guessing the shelf is sandwiched using some less visible method, or in a three sided bracket. Photos don't look like there is a dado in the uprights. Nice.
  23. wyceeric

Dream system

How about some photos of the setup and the room? Maybe a shot of your seating arrangement, while we're at it.
  24. wyceeric

A Vintage System with part DIY stuff

You're right about the need for something on the floor. Wood has a lot of visual appeal, but is not doing your sonic environment any favors. An area rug may be the best compromise, in that you still get the visual of the wood around the outside, but the benefit of the reflection damper in the...
  25. wyceeric

Have you heard a Sonic Boom?

Yep, that's why i said
Back
Top Bottom