Search results

1. cgoroo

Today's soundtrack recording.

Today's soundtrack recording for a 1960s French film which hasn't been made yet...
  2. cgoroo

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Happy to see a couple of Matt's fine beans on display!
  3. cgoroo

Phono preamp detectives needed

Would anyone know if this custom built 5 x 12ax7 phono preamp is a clone of a more famous preamp? Only info I have comes from these pics...
  4. cgoroo

Pics of your listening space

Mono room
  5. cgoroo

Let's see your cans!

I got both from Audeze UK (https://www.audeze.co.uk/collections/all). I had them ship to the US but well worth it as I was never able to source the the yoke replacement kit from Audeze US.
  6. cgoroo

Let's see your cans!

Sold the 2Cs, kept the Monolith 1060Cs but modified with Audeze LCD headband + yoke and added Dekoni pads.
  7. cgoroo

Let's see your cans!

8. cgoroo

Today's classical playlist

Mahler Symphony 2 The Philharmonia Orchestra and Chorus with Schwarzkopf, E. & Rossl-Majdan, H. under Otto Klemperer (FLAC 24/192)
  9. cgoroo

Let's see your cans!

I've never heard the original 1060's but see that the newer 1060C drivers measure differently (better control in the upper freq. range). I'm very happy with my 1060C's as well; the mod was just to scratch a curiosity itch as I do prefer to drive the headphones as designed instead of completely...
  10. cgoroo

Let's see your cans!

Monoprice M1060C Planar Magnetic Headphones (modified). The "C" in M1060C stands for closed back. 3D printed grill for open back listening. Self adhesive Velcro to reattach wood cups for (semi) closed back listening.
  11. cgoroo

Could you help me pick a mono cartridge for a Gray 108?

To increase your likelihood of finding these marvelous VR Goldrings and Tannoys you should include general terms such as "garrard headshell", "turnover cartridge", etc. in your search as these are often unknown to the seller (especially the Goldring 500/600 series). Also, I believe Recoton was...
  12. cgoroo

I wouldn't be surprised if this was true. I had asked a few people on various UK audio forums but nobody knew for certain. The body mold is very similar between the both.
  13. cgoroo

My favorite monophonic cartridge for my 108B is the Goldring 500/580 & 600. I have it mounted onto a 108 slider made by Serge Karmadon. You'll need to file the front to allow for the turn-over bracket fitment. The signal + ground pins on the Goldring will not line up properly to the copper...
  14. cgoroo

Garrard 301/401 owners club!

Yes, loosening the transit screws should re-align the idler wheel to the pulley step(s). If further adjustment is needed, you're correct again; loosen the top collar.
  15. cgoroo

Lenco L75 or.....

1. The speed will be slightly off each time you re-engage the idler wheel; severity dependent on the quality of the idler wheel bushing, ilder-arm linkage rubber grommet, et. al. Invest in something to check/fine tune the speed for each play...John Daniel's Keystrobe + stroboscopic disc became...
  16. cgoroo

AKG K702 Bass mod mod

I've had the K702 for nearly 20 years now and my favorite method for satisfactory bass response is from using EQ. More recently, my budget-friendly Fiio K3 usb dac has an excellent bass boost switch that doesn't take anything away from the amazing soundstage while giving the K702 a bass impact...
  17. cgoroo

Tonearm for Denon DL-103

I currently use the 103 with my Gray Research 108B. In the past, an AT 1501 mk1 (aka ATP 16T) with an Ortofon LH2000 (a 15.5 grams headshell).
  18. cgoroo

What Garrard 301 do I have here?

Hi HBTim, I wouldn't worry about the fact that it's been re-rivetted. It just means that the chassis has been re-painted and the person made the extra effort to remove the plates to perform a thorough job.
  19. cgoroo

I don't know the details of your purchase but I can appreciate your disappointment if you were led to believe that everything is original. I feel as though I've seen this very table posted here before and I had already commented on the same features as I see on your 301 (non original paint for...
  20. cgoroo

The black fascia on your 301 reminds me of PeakHiFi's replica plates made years ago. The (poor) rivet job at the top-left is too off center to have left Swindon in late 1957, which is the year that is suggested by your serial number [26xxx]. Looking forward to what the return email says.
  21. cgoroo

Anyone build a 3 gang pot...

My Fisher 50C's volume pot started acting up: gain jumps up several magnitudes in decibels around 10o'clock then becomes normal again afterwards. Too bad the Heathkit wap2 preamp didn't copy this triple gang pot over into "their" circuit as well since it would be so easy to source a replacement.
  22. cgoroo

What do you use for magnification doing cart setup?

+1 on using mobile phone. this pic was taken from where i wasn't able to place my head (multiple tonearm setup). saves from lower back ache and sore knees too ;0)
  23. cgoroo

TR 12 H Rek-O-Kut (ROK) Broadcast Transcription Table

Serge's 108 clone appears beautifully done. Are you using 600,000 cSt in the damping well? Also, may we know what VTF you're using for the M44E? My 108B was designed to track at 3 grams and up, which is fine because I am using an SC35C/SS35C at 4.5 grams and an M3D/N3D at the same 4.5.
  24. cgoroo

Why rip vinyl to digital?

As a fan of recorded classical and jazz from the mid 50s to mid 60s, some recent 24/192 files made from decades old tapes are simply different sounding from the same tapes that were 'fresh' back when they were used to cut the LPs during said period. I upload to youtube so that the community...
  25. cgoroo

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

The Wedding Present - Bizzaro (US pressing 1989)
Back
Top Bottom