Search results

1. tasha

Corporate Promotion Vinyl (Not Record Company Promos)

Curiosity has the cat on this record. Clark Equipment manufactured a variety of light and heavy machinery. Does it specify what type of equipment that it advertises? Clark had a forklift factory just a hop, skip and a jump from Toyota's Georgetown, KY, assembly plant. Their heavy equipment was...
  2. tasha

Inner Sleeves - What kind and where to buy?

Ditto here as well. I use the flap sealing outers with the "rice paper" inners. There is no surprise at check out since all prices include the shipping.
  3. tasha

Tora ! Tora ! Tora !

Congrats, Sandy!! When is the "buff new you" infomercial coming out?
  4. tasha

Oh no!!!!!

Toooooooooooo Laaaaaatttttteeeeeeeee. We're enablers in this! :worthless
  5. tasha

Quadraphonic Surround

Yes, stereo will feed through the aux or tape inputs on the back. Personally I'd used the aux input. Yes, but the movie will be in stereo not modern surround. All you will ever get inputting stereo into a quadraphonic amp/receiver is stereo output to the speakers. Many of the...
  6. tasha

Need help with Teac A-100

:thmbsp:Glad you found the problem!! :thumbsdn: Sorry you have to put on new belts. But ce la vie....
  7. tasha

Need help with Teac A-100

One cassette, or many different cassettes are doing this? One cassette = cassette problems, multiple cassettes appears to be transport problem. Cleaning and lubing the transport mechanism could be the solution. Then again, is this a belt drive? Could be the belt gumming up?
  8. tasha

Coal heat to stay warm?

Gotta love those BIG GE locomotives. Anytime I need to see one, it just a small walk. Coal trains have changed dramatically since the 80's. Used to be a unit train was a rare sight. Now it's an every day occurrence. The gons used to be steel, now we see a lot of aluminum cars. First service by...
  9. tasha

Pssst, It's Justen's Birthday

Happy Birthday!:beerchug:
  10. tasha

A Love Story... sorta

That gentlemen has much larger brass ones than I do for sure!
  11. tasha

EPI Installation Brochures

I think I can come up with one of the two original boxes. They were very sturdy in addition to foam etc on the inside.
  12. tasha

Coal heat to stay warm?

Okay Eric, here's the coal post. Bob, move to eastern Kentucky! You'll get more exercise picking up coal off the emergency lanes of the highway than ever before. Your wallet won't scream as you won't throw out ben franklins to pay $310 per ton if you do buy it. It's great when one the big rigs...
  13. tasha

EPI Installation Brochures

Yep, I got another set of speakers in the '70's. I've scanned and PDF'd the installation instructions that came with my model 70 EPI's in 1976. No pictures this time though. Here's the link http://sportsbil.com/stereo/epi/ Njord is hosting these, so thanks to Njord for helping to share...
  14. tasha

Cerwin Vega Brochures/Installation Instructions

For all of those who threw away all that great literature with your speakers, here is the link to Cerwin-Vega items which came in the box of model 24s. One other brochure was picked up to complete the set from Playback. These date from December 1975 and January 1976. Here's the link...
  15. tasha

tape/record to PC

Way to go, I've been doing the same thing. Please their little hearts, they mean well. I had no idea that the cue mark could do the track cut as well. Learn something everyday!!
  16. tasha

Over 1000 Vinyl Record Albums Mint Condition

Where's the energizer bunny when you need him........ No Sleeves? I'd give a quarter each after checking each one out.
  17. tasha

I am an idiot - my expensive ebay mistake

Where were you when I had my nightmare eBay sellers?? Love your honesty, it will come back to you when you least expect it.
  18. tasha

Technics SA-80 Service Manual and Schematic.

Looks like I've started something! Thanks for the post and there are a couple of owners manuals for Technics SL-1500 and SA-8500-X in the works.
  19. tasha

Time to go to battle

Steve; How comfortable is your sofa? :scratch2: And may I quote a semi-famous line from the TV show 7th Heaven - "Do you want to be right or do you want to be married?" :scratch2: Seek alternatives that you can slide in under the radar. Do something spectacular for her so she can't say no...
  20. tasha

Are we all infected?

Yep, we're enablers, and we have the worse known cases of this illness.... My illness specialty is LPs, then turntables, then receivers and finally tape decks. I just don't have room for speakers
  21. tasha

Technics / Ortofon advise

+1 My SL-1500 can handle about anything, just haven't tried another cartridge. Been keeping the original quadraphonic Empire playing the tunes.
  22. tasha

Brake Clean inside dirty receiver?

I use my DIY record cleaning solution for internal jobs. I use q-tips for the applicator. It seems to work quite well with no destruction of boards, lenses, plastics and so on. The first rule of cleaning vintage electronics is using a mild cleaning solution before you try anything else. Save...
  23. tasha

Anyone watch Brothers & Sisters

And tonight Ryan gets introduced. So that's another Walker? Or Walker wannabe?
  24. tasha

Do you think this will sell on Ebay ? (lol)

You're right Arkay, it ended a couple of weeks ago, same place, same pieces, same bull feathers. This setup was also the subject in another thread here juts can't remember where or subject line.
  25. tasha

Anyone watch Brothers & Sisters

Sally Fields prepped for her role as Nora Walker when she played the crazy mom of Carol Hathaway in ER (season 9 last appearance?). It was a simple change of character name. Edit: I meant Abby Lockhart's crazy mom, oooooppppssss
Back
Top Bottom