Search results

1. slowpat

New 1099-K tax thresholds (US) - is vintage gear on eBay and such about to get more scarce/pricey?

Nope, not happening for tax year 2023. So much push back from people using electronics payments for non-purchases, paying friends for a restaurant check, also gig workers. There are talks about upping the limit way past $600.
  2. slowpat

Updated - Memorial Information - Santa (Glen) has passed

Goodbye Glen, and RIP. Glen was a really nice guy and he rebuilt a pair of Dynaco MK III's for me. He and his wife were very gracious, and of course he was very proud of those mono amps he built and went through a couple iteration of the large JBL speakers with horns. He is greatly missed.
  3. slowpat

Can't post, Can't Edit, Permissions, etc... Please use this thread

1. Did you save your file as “.jpg”? If not, do so 2. While editing your post, when you click the picture icon in the menu bar within your post, you can either drag and drop the jpg file or click once more to open up file search , then go to the location and select
  4. slowpat

Pioneer Elite A-71

Congrats on the new home. It's a challenging market for buyers...but you made it!
  5. slowpat

Pioneer Elite A-71

LoL..that little corner is filling up again. Yea, looking at the rest of your components, it is a beast !!
  6. slowpat

Pioneer Elite A-71

It’s still with you! Looks fresh too!
  7. slowpat

Muse 175 Mono Block Amps

All your answers seemed to have been answered. I have a pair of the 175, which seems to be quite rare. There are more info on the 150, but I'm sure same design but higher wattage. With a Muse or other modern preamps, you will probably get better stereo separation, imaging and darker backgrounds...
  8. slowpat

Best place for used gear

I'm in the SFBay Area, and the CL prices are sky high...!! unlike a few years ago...
  9. slowpat

Infinity 8 kappa and Renaissance 80

I think the Kappa 8.1 would go for around $750-850 nowadays. I sold my 8.1 a few years back for $500. The Renaissance 80 , I have seen as low as $650 in So Cal, which was a great deal, but as high as $1200-1300 (this I think is in the Ren 90 territory,)
  10. slowpat

What's your latest audio purchase?

I hope to be in your place one of these days as I have a few large heavy pieces of gear as well. BTW, looks like that Naim is no slouch...
  11. slowpat

I’ve been looking at them on CL…how do they sound?
  12. slowpat

AU-719 Parts unit

Looks pretty complete, but who knows what else is wrong with it. Maybe a basket case already before the transformer is harvested.
  13. slowpat

Fair restoration cost for a Sansui AU-517?

The AU-517 is a nice one, solidly built and like blhagstrom said, as much work to restore as the AU-717. For Sansui, the gold standard in my books is to go to qrxrestore.com. They just raised their prices and wait times are long, but they learned all the tips and tricks from Jim who passed a...
  14. slowpat

When you have no idea what you're selling, but you know it's valuable...

those are Watkins. You can see the tinsels marks on opposite ends around the voice coil
  15. slowpat

interesting..! I drove mine with a Parasound HCA-1000 (100 wpc of John Curl design) and you can feel the extended lows when it’s in the music… it makes my head turn, like “wait , it’s from those tiny speakers?”
  16. slowpat

.1 and .2 had different Watkin woofer cones, grey vs clear poly. Modulus may have been new and higher end line but single voice coil woofer AFAIK…
  17. slowpat

David Culver the Scammer Alerts - Marantz 2270

A 2245 with black faceplate for $325 is his signature listings. No question about it - and just joined this month too…
  18. slowpat

David Culver the Scammer Alerts - Marantz 2270

I’ll bet you that trust worthy looking guy in the avatar is not the real Dave Culver
  19. slowpat

BA312 replacement

That’s a great option at 5 bucks! Didn’t realize Eastpoint carried them…thanks for posting the link
  20. slowpat

Picked this up from Bartertown. Was looking for a pre to go with my TFM-15 and TFM-45, and this was a perfect match, MM and MC too:
  21. slowpat

List of Absurd Prices for Items - Fun thread for obviously enthusiastic expectations

seller’s name is “Fliporium”. ! That explains it…
  22. slowpat

Sony SS-M3 or M7?

Both the M3 and M7 are rolled off at the high end and sounded dull. At least look for the M7a which has a better tweeter and sounded great to me. I sold my pair with the factory stands for $675 just last year, after it sat on Craigslist for a few months. These classic speakers are not as in...
  23. slowpat

Big Silverface lot in SA Texas

And a lot of those cherry pickers are AK ! :D
  24. slowpat

ProAc Owners Thread

I read that they charge an arm and a leg. I have a blown woofer in 2S, but read that it’s over $400 for a single.
  25. slowpat

Big Silverface lot in SA Texas

We have quite a few of those Asian wholesalers up here, but they are picky about what they would buy. They only buy what is in demand in the oversea market (makes sense). So, we highly covet the CR-3020 and the SX-1980, but in Asia, they like vintage McIntosh, vintage JBL Tannoy and some...
Back
Top Bottom