Search results

1. w1jim

April 13th 2024 FrankenFest in West Boylston, MA - & T-shirts

That was where I had two Pioneer SX-850 receivers - one stock and the other recapped and both bring fed from the same source. IIRC the recapped one had ever so slightly improved treble. I still have the switcher here (somewhere).
  2. w1jim

Extreme lack of volume with Turntable?

Are you plugging it into the phono inputs?
  3. w1jim

Albany NY

FrankenFest is a paltry 2:30 drive from Albany coming up on Saturday April 13th. We get folks from all over the northeast attending - usually 60-120 attendees.
  4. w1jim

Last call for T and Sweat shirts will be Sunday night but I'll need prompt payment - orders will go in Monday. I'll order a (very) few spares in large and x-large for those who never got the word - but don't count on it. Jim B
  5. w1jim

Fluctuating noise picked up on SW frequency

What specific frequencies do you hear this on? It doesn't sound like one of the various amateur digital modes or the Russian "Woodpecker" OTH (Over-The_Horizon) types of radar. The majority of the towers one sees these days have VHF and higher communications which I don't think would influence...
  6. w1jim

Why so many lost remote control units?

The remotes, just like the manuals, get lost over time, especially if the unit hadn’t been used in a while. In systems where one remote can control other devices they unused remote gets neglected.
  7. w1jim

truck is correct, but the best way to assure a table is to get there early - doors open at 10AM.
  8. w1jim

Happy Birthday w1jim!

Thanks gang!
  9. w1jim

Hifi hoarder cleanout

Depending on where you live I'd suggest having an audio yards sale. Keep a few for yourself and move the bulk out to local enthusiasts.
  10. w1jim

Anyone interested in ordering shirts please reach out to me. Jim
  11. w1jim

FM radio reception improvement with a different antennae type?

You also showed a picture of a beam antenna with many elements - that one looked like it was for UHF frequencies. See if you could find a beam (yagi) antenna with just 3 elements.
  12. w1jim

FM radio reception improvement with a different antennae type?

Look at the meter on the receiver - does it indicate strong signal strength? You may have an issue with multipath where you’re receiving different signals from the same station. Maybe a BIC BeamBox would help.
  13. w1jim

Has anyone ever successfully rebuilt a Sansu BA3000 or AU2000 F-2507 driver board?

Good! Taking apart the amp boards isn’t that hard, just involved.
  14. w1jim

Has anyone ever successfully rebuilt a Sansu BA3000 or AU2000 F-2507 driver board?

Don’t forget to fix the power amp PCB feed throughs - where one side of the board connects to the other. I solder a small piece of wire through those.
  15. w1jim

FrankenFest T-Shirt Designs - which do you like?

All Here’s a link for subscribers to order shirts. Any questions, “PM” me. Jim https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/ak-frankenfest-t-shirt-and-sweatshirt-ordering-information.1051233/
  16. w1jim

Ω Ω Saturday October 21st 2023 FALL FrankenFest in West Boylston, MA Ω Ω

Here's the link to the Spring event with a link for shirt sales: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/april-13th-2024-frankenfest-in-west-boylston-ma-t-shirts.1051235/
  17. w1jim

It's time again - for the Spring 2024 Frankenfest in our usual spot in West Boylston, MA. For subscribers you can go to the link below for information on how to order T-Shirts and Sweatshirts. Any questions - send me a "conversation"...
  18. w1jim

When buying a used TT is it normal to include a cartridge

In my experience cheaper turntables won't sell without a cartridge whereas more expensive turntables don't need a cartridge since the buyer will be more likely to put on there preferred quality cartridge. I've picked up a few cheap cartridges over the years that I'll use if I'm selling a cheapo.
  19. w1jim

Pioneer sx 1980,crazy price for lower end

Yep, $15k is a crazy lot of money, but you're not buying something based on it's performance but rather for it's nostalgia and collector value. $1250 in 1975, adjusted for inflation is the equivalent of $7,080 today. Compare this to cars - the Shelby Cobra in 1964 was about $7500 (which was...
  20. w1jim

XRT20 Speaker System Restoration (and questions)

My guess is that if the tweeters are weak that one or more of the groups have an open tweeter. I doubt the cable is at fault. I presume you’ve seen this regarding the XRT18: http://www.roger-russell.com/xrt18.htm
  21. w1jim

Search Engine Suspended My Service

Can you access it through a VPN?
  22. w1jim

Got some 2.5” stickers made up.
  23. w1jim

It’s been 3-4 years since the meter was offered. At this point would you buy another or do we need a new design? Jim
  24. w1jim

That is a concern - I shipped about 120 meter shirts. Are those people going to want to buy another? Of course, some have been worn out and others pilfered by the SO. I'm thinking if we go with the meter make the shirt itself a color other than black; I'm thinking a dark blue. I hear you about...
  25. w1jim

I just ordered some 2.5" Nipper Stickers, not sure how I'm going to distribute them though (and for the old timers - I checked my spelling!)
Back
Top Bottom