Search results

1. stereo_dog

Pioneer CT-F9191 issues.

Thanks for the replies. Ordered belts, idler tires and reel motor pulley. I hope to get to it this weekend.
  2. stereo_dog

Pioneer CT-F9191 issues.

Thanks, I'll take a look. I think it was moving, though. This project was po9stponed during the holidays, need to get back on it.
  3. stereo_dog

Pioneer CT-F9191 issues.

I just pulled back out my Pioneer CT-F9191 from a five year storage (boxed in a heated area, boxed up when we moved from our old house). When I put a tape in, press play, units comes on and tape plays for roughly 4 or 5 seconds, then stops playing. Same for the FF & REW functions. I imagine the...
  4. stereo_dog

Altec Valencia XO Upgrade

Getting ready to overhaul my Valencias. How can I get crossovers like these?
  5. stereo_dog

Sansui G-9000 phono issues.

I have previously cleaned the function switch, but will clean a few more times to make sure. Thanks for where to look on the connectors, I will inspect and clean those, also.
  6. stereo_dog

Sansui G-9000 phono issues.

I have a Sansui G-9000 that I've been having some phono issues with. The unit has been humming along without an issue for several months, now. Last week I decided to connect a turntable to it for the fist time in several years. Connected a TT, played several albums, no issues. The next day...
  7. stereo_dog

Having some issues with a recently acquired Sansui 9090DB

"Original Bike Spirits" cleaner & polish. The same stuff I use on my motorcycles. Then I used a toothbrush to get into the ridges on the knobs. Works really well, very gentle on the silk-screen lettering.
  8. stereo_dog

OK, so far, so good. It's been playing out for several hours on a variety of sources, sounding very good with no apparent issues, so far. Thanks to everyone for their advice. A couple of quick photos: Cleaned and oiled the case, cleaned and polished the facepalte and knobs...
  9. stereo_dog

Thanks for the advice. I really didn't use (2) cans..... just frustrated when posting this morning. I have tried jiggling all the switches one at a time to see if it helps/hurts, the only one that brings both speakers back is the mono switch. Does that circuit go through the Dolby board?
  10. stereo_dog

Well, I'm back on the 9090 after a long absense. I've cleaned the switches a total of 20 times, went through (2) cans of Deoxit. Played it out this morning and after about 20 minutes, the right channel drops out, again. Put it in mono mode, channel comes back. Is there anything else I should...
  11. stereo_dog

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the encouragement. Been out of town for the holiday, but I will get back to cleaning, shortly. What I heard, so far, sounded really good. I have a G9000, myself, and have always like the sound from The Sansui's.
  12. stereo_dog

Thanks. Keep cleaning the switches, push buttons, correct?
  13. stereo_dog

No, the only switch that is causing the problem is the stereo/mono switch. I've cycled through all of the switches individually, no other issues.
  14. stereo_dog

I "inherited" a Sansui 9090DB from a friend a few weeks ago, unit was/is pretty dirty, was in a garage environment most of it's life. Brought it home, plugged it in connected it to a cheap pair of speakers, and it had all kinds of static, drop-out in sound, etc. etc. Took it apart, cleaned all...
  15. stereo_dog

Hamfest Infinity 2000 ii find

Congrats on the purchase. I have a working pair and really like them. Hope to see pics, soon.
  16. stereo_dog

Coolest turntable "accesory" of the year?

Cool! :thmbsp::thmbsp:
  17. stereo_dog

Mint Pioneer PL-630 system

I noticed the ad when it had just the CT-F900 listed... when there's no price, he wants a bidding war..... :thumbsdn: And I have a PL-630... nice table, but not worth $750.00, by a long shot...:no: He needs to peddle his wares on Ebay, where real bidding can occur.
  18. stereo_dog

Crescendo Line

I have a pair of CS 3007's as well as the 3006's, very happy with both pairs.
  19. stereo_dog

wow

Wow is right! Hmmm... my son is moving to Charlotte in three weeks, maybe these would make a nice moving gift??? :scratch2: Enough fantasy, I would really like to hear these, they look beautiful. :thmbsp:
  20. stereo_dog

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Just wanted to post a quick pic of my "new" NS-670 speakers that I picked up the other day. I really like the sound of these, here they are with my C-4 & M-2 gear.
  21. stereo_dog

Klipsch H700 Heresy Score

Yeah, at that price, I couldn't have got my money out of my pocket fast enough.... nice score. :thmbsp:
  22. stereo_dog

Klipsch H700 Heresy Score

So.... did you buy them? Those look nice.
  23. stereo_dog

Is this for real?

It is the one & only Bob Carver. And in a new twist, his company is being acquired by Emotiva.....
  24. stereo_dog

Klipsch community forum can't sign in

Just logged in a few seconds ago, no issues.
Back
Top Bottom